X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alseal
    • Dec 2012

Thx for the video, good reference.
    Well, if you put Yangli's work in a much greater context, then we have to admit that nothing is new anymore, everything has been done already.
    what i meant by "fresh" earlier, was just comparing to the so-called gothic, dark, obscure style which prevailed among most of members in this forum
    Originally posted by dantebykiko View Post
    fresh? reminds me of this:

Y's Portrait 2000 by Paris Modes with Marie-Christiane Marek from Y's on Vimeo.

i don't understand the brand at all. copying lookbook styles eg. celine and yohji y's 2000. using obvious shapes and details as yohji and raf as stated before - "mix of Yohji Yamamoto and older Raf Simons". using the same mills as jil sander. what is the purpose of this brand? what he offers better than the brands he obviously look for "inspiration".

Comment

• #ruin
      • Jul 2011

fresh? reminds me of this:

Y's Portrait 2000 by Paris Modes with Marie-Christiane Marek from Y's on Vimeo.

i don't understand the brand at all. copying lookbook styles eg. celine and yohji y's 2000. using obvious shapes and details as yohji and raf as stated before - "mix of Yohji Yamamoto and older Raf Simons". using the same mills as jil sander. what is the purpose of this brand? what he offers better than the brands he obviously look for "inspiration".
      well duh, we're dealing with minimalism here. whilst there doesn't seem to be much disparity at first glance, the devil is in the details.

ended up ordering the crewneck and MA-1 bomber from LN-CC anyway, with the 20%extra off it would've been rude not to. just going to go with the shorter sleeve length and make it "my thing".

Comment

• dantebykiko
        • Aug 2011

its very thin line between minimalism and laziness. i've seen better ma-1s in cos.

Comment

• #ruin
          • Jul 2011

its very thin line between minimalism and laziness. i've seen better ma-1s in cos.
          look is subjective so that's perfectly understandable.

in terms of construction & quality you won't handle anything remotely close in that store though.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
            • Sep 2010

anyone else see the menswear as a c level fashion student's tribute to raf simons menswear?

down to the slightly cheaper materials and twisted disfunctutional raf esque features

Comment

• Staton Viguier
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by PaintedBlack_7 View Post
              anyone else see the menswear as a c level fashion student tribute to raf simons menswear?

down to the slightly cheaper materials and twisted disfunctutional raf esque features
              what does an institutions arbitrary standard have to do with anything?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

On Saturday SZ co-hosted an event for the tour of Yang Li and Genesis P-Orridge with Atelier at White Box in New York.

(click on image to view full coverage)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                  • Apr 2014

He's showing his first full men's collection today. Looking forward to it

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Showing as it's in a showroom. Just came back from it.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

I'd like to hear what you thought of it, Faust. I've been liking his clothes the past seasons... I think the fabrics and quality of his clothes are among the best for the "non-artisanal" designers right now.
                      I do not recognise the vessel,
                      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Showing as it's in a showroom. Just came back from it.
                        Yup. Didn't expect him to go all out with a budget for a runway. There's so little coverage of it, I'm hoping for more in a few days.

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

Very curious to see this mens collection, the usage of greyish/bluish celadon in his most recent womens collection was divine. (See the pics on his website though, not the ones on eg nowfashion).
                          Not the same shade, but just to help people see the beauty of the celadon family of tones:
                          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                            • Apr 2014

There's almost nothing about the showroom, online, other than photos of some items for preorder from Cruvoir. I was expecting more coverage from other sites.

:(

Comment

• pita bread
                              • Feb 2011

SS16 men's lookbook is now online:

Really killer collection IMO. Anyone know what the newspaper / magazine clippings are about?

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                                • Apr 2014

^

Did not expect it to be up on his site so quickly, if ever. That collarless coat, and oversized black t-shirt is nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎