A Détacher S/S 2013 New York

• rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

I think Mona Kowalska is really hitting her stride with the most recent offering. I happened to be in the store when she was cutting the patterns, on the floor no less, and its apparent she puts her heart and soul into every look. i do sense quite a bit of old school marni from it without going off the cliff. i imagine each fabric is precisely chosen to hang languidly on the body. the colorblock knits look sensational and artfully executed.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting, rider.

I love going to Mona's shop and I think she does some really excellent accessories...like that harness belt we both bought.

The clothes are quite smart, but I can never seem to get around the lack of sensuality in her designs. The garments are interesting, clever, and thoughtful, but they never elicit a visceral response from me somehow. Not sure I can pin point why.

I do like those little hems that are cut away to reveal the knees...nice detail.
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎