X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Well, boys and girls, we have officially infiltrated pop culture. Congratulations.

""I love the goth ninja shit, it's so amazing, it's all me," Angel Haze
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Picasso
      • Jul 2013

God, i fucking hate Angel Haze. Azealia Banks shtted all over her

Comment

• profondo nero
        • Aug 2012

pee pee PICASSO BABY

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Well, boys and girls, we have officially infiltrated pop culture. Congratulations.

""I love the goth ninja shit, it's so amazing, it's all me," Angel Haze
          "goth ninja" is definitely having its versace moment. i always wondered where things would have gone had gianni lived. very curious to see how rick will engage his expanding fan base.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Auburn
            • Dec 2012

Gucci Mane in his new mixtape - My wrist so rocky, I'm cocky/catch me like Issey Miyake

To get back on topic though, I feel that mainstream co-opting of art and fashion always involves cherry picking the safest elements and re-contextualizing and removing (most) of what could be considered challenging or provocative. That being said, that this change is happening in hip hop is not bad as even these watered down versions of Raf, Rick etc. remain challenging enough to have hip hop reappraise traditional masculine attitudes, which also includes dress.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

What I find interesting is that they are interested not in the obvious bling - the aforementioned Versace, Gucci, and all that trash but in the more creative designers. They want to be ahead of the curve, in the know, instead of merely in the bling business. It's absolutely the same satiation principle that goes for any social group that matures from parvenus into something more sophisticated.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                [/URL]
                not sure if this is / has become "pop culture", but Metallica goes Rick Owens too... at least Lars, which is now bald, and doesn't play drums as he did in the past...

from their official FB cover photo: https://www.facebook.com/Metallica?hc_location=stream

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎