Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

Default Boris Bidjan Saberi

Doing some research and found it strange that we don't have a general thread for Boris Bidjan Saberi. File stuff that's not in seasonal threads already here. As usual, stay away from shopping discussion.

Boris Bidjan Saberi Tumblr
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yes!

Fould that he's one of the few designers that has an tumblr that really sums up his culture/inspiration and ideas.

Just to ask, is he on his own now that he's no longer under "noseasons" showrm?

Wish those interview photos were in colour...

thanks for the link though!
    I am not who you think I am

great read on boris thanks pleue!

i check his tumblr once a week

very ill pics

Maybe its a translation thing but his interviews are boringly repetitive. Then again, maybe its the interviewer.

or maybe the designer has nothing to say!
    pix

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

As a journalist I can say that various things can get in the way - language barrier, inability to articulate what one feels, etc. Especially when somebody interviews you on the spot without preparation. Some people are not wired for expressing what they feel in words/writing.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
    Maybe its a translation thing but his interviews are boringly repetitive. Then again, maybe its the interviewer.
    most of the interviews ask him the same things as well. It's like, yes, we know his new line is inspired by the mafia. But what of it?! Why don't we get him to expound on what makes such a stereotypically violent culture appealing to him as a designer? man, i'd love to chew his ear off, language barrier and all

maybe the designer has little to say because he chooses not to. after all, his main form of communication is through his clothing, and justifying ones work with words can distort the intended method of translating the view one has made of the world. it's us, the consumers, that demand the explanation they are not required to provide, so it's no surprise to me boris is purposely vague or misleading with his work.
    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

or maybe the interviewer should calm down a bit. i think it is his fanboyish behavior that makes this interview probably entertaining, but not very insightful. i mean, i’d be bored too answering repetitive one-line-questions of a »man-crushing« child, if i were a designer who should deserve better journalists.

from the few bits of video interviews floating around i believe his english is not the best - and he doesn´t seem to feel comfortable doing public relations.

And anyway the best article on Boris Bidjan Saberi is in StyleZeitgeist Magazine, Volume 3. So, consider this discussion closed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    maybe the designer has little to say because he chooses not to. after all, his main form of communication is through his clothing, and justifying ones work with words can distort the intended method of translating the view one has made of the world. it's us, the consumers, that demand the explanation they are not required to provide, so it's no surprise to me boris is purposely vague or misleading with his work.
    agreed,
    and while this may not be the issue in Boris' case, another thing to consider is that there is no necessary connection between being very talented in one area of creative discipline and being articulate / verbally fluid in expressing one's self. I think sometimes we impose unreasonable expectations on people, ones we ourselves probably couldn't live up to in similar situations.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Just look at his work, and look at him. This guy transmits continuously with clarity and distinction.

Words are overrated. Especially in your third or fourth language.....

An Hour Outside Barcelona. June, 2012.

Sounds by Andy Stott.
    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

teaser for the new "11" line by way of diane pernet...

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Any more info on the 11 line?

Release dates e.t.c?

That was uncanny, just as I wrote that.. this arrived in my inbox!!

[IMG][/IMG]