X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian+
    • Dec 2011

^ Looks great, now I can understand his love for perforated stuff

Faust or anyone from the team, are there any fresh news about the 11 line?
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

What do you want to know?

I wasn't crazy about it - nothing that made them particularly special. I think the line (well, it's really a capsule) will need a bit of work to make it stand out and demand the audience's attention the way Silent and Drkshdw have done.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        What do you want to know?

I wasn't crazy about it - nothing that made them particularly special. I think the line (well, it's really a capsule) will need a bit of work to make it stand out and demand the audience's attention the way Silent and Drkshdw have done.
        Thanks for the heads-up, I appreciate it.
        On top of that I would like to know when exactly it will be made available, if of course you have this information and you are able to reveal it.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

it was presented simultaneously with the fw13 collection, so I would imagine it to be roughly the same time, which is summer / early fall.

its definitely a very different concept, more so than I imagined. pretty simple jeans, print t-shirts and jerseys, a couple of outerwear pieces (street/techwear oriented) and so on. aimed at a more younger crowd for sure.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

^ Thanks for the feedback L

To be honest I can't wait for this capsule to become available cause judging by his influences I am sure that his street-wear output is going to be great at some point (maybe not at his first attempt). He does have the right basis for such a line.

Comment

• gnow
              • Jun 2010

Does anyone know if BBS footwear are outsourced or made by his team? If it matters, I'm referring to current season.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gnow View Post
                Does anyone know if BBS footwear are outsourced or made by his team? If it matters, I'm referring to current season.
                Short of a shoe-brand like Augusta (and even then I'm not sure), I don't think many places at all do their footwear in house. Even CCP outsources and just does some of the post-treatments in house. The actual construction is done elsewhere.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  Short of a shoe-brand like Augusta (and even then I'm not sure), I don't think many places at all do their footwear in house. Even CCP outsources and just does some of the post-treatments in house. The actual construction is done elsewhere.
                  there was an interview with simone where he states that he makes the boots by hand but i suspect there is a team in a workshop with him.

Comment

• lost53
                    • Dec 2010

Seems like most of the shops have their BBS collections in... still haven't seen the elusive 11.
                    Anyone have any info?

Comment

• mizzar
                      • Mar 2008

11 is due to FW, so no items before late august- early september.
                      Please read the thread.
                      ____
                      sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• kuriz
                        • Nov 2010

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hzEfTCY#at=152

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc5a...ature=youtu.be

This almost 30 minute clip was just posted from BBS Facebook page. Unfortunately I have no idea what they're saying, but it's always interesting to see studios, how things are made and so many silver straps gathered in one place!

*apparently there was a part two as well, added that.
                        Last edited by kuriz; 03-21-2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Muzuen
                          • May 2012

^ would love to see an english subbed version of these clips. Hopefully there will be someone who has the time to make one.

Comment

• Faye
                            • Apr 2009

haha...a bbs documentary in my mother language!! never thought that this could happen one day.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                              • Oct 2012

I saw that on Facebook as well. Would love to know what they´re saying. Boris has become one of my most treasured designers and I´ve watched a few videos of his work in his atelier. Hopefully a kind sould will put subtitles on the videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎