Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    What's Nutty to me is that no one has plainly mentioned that the drop crotch is not just a single entity and just part of a grander silhouette.

In the bbs context there's drop crotch so when it lines up with the long tee It elongates the torso and gives you an alternative proportion.

The p13 and other drop crotch achieves this silhouette
    This is true, otherwise the long tees basically look like a t-shirt dress..

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Having disposable time is a luxury and a dropped crotch pant makes running or walking fast impossible, forcing its wearer to stroll and appreciate their surroundings.
    Also, they remind me of those sick Karl Kani baggies I had in high school.

Our own Veblen!!! :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranciscojp View Post
    Someone please explain the P13's excessive drop crotch to me. I have tried on the P13s three times, and despite their backbreaking price I would buy them in an instant for the incredible fabric treatment, body molding, and fit around the legs. Agin: They are perfect -- but I can't get past the butt!!! Between mainline and 11, I own four Boris pieces, so I'm a fan. But what's the appeal of the saggy butt? Would P13 owners here rather have a more traditional drop? And why do so many other avante garde designers (for lack of a better term) go with the drop crotch? I'm thinking 10SEI0OTTO and Masnada in particular. I totally support anyone who likes the drop crotch... but if someone could "explain" it, that would be much appreciated.
    For Boris it's basically a combination of skating culture and hip-hop culture that he grew up with. Boris loves referencing his formative years. As do I as a wearer. Like Geoffrey says, the others are just copycats.

But he also has versions that are not excessively dropped, and that's what I wear.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by 13we2 View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for clearing this up! I'm Chinese based out of Beijing and only know a few black international students in my school so regretfully haven't learnt this term being offensive.

The reason I'd opt for African American, as I did, if I were writing an essay, would be that France and Nigeria have black parents, too, but I'm talking about black folks inside the USA, so I guess I should say "black American parents", "American black parents", yes?

As I pointed out, I was quoting google search results. Yes, these situations more or less happen everywhere on earth, so let's just not overlook the then social-political context, I always have great respect for black culture.
    It's cool - Americans expect everyone else in the world to conform to their culture wars. Call it neoneocolonialism.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

faust do you have any insight on why the BBS nyc store went away? were people just not buying?

Hello,
    I'm experiencing a very wierd issue with my Bambas 4.
    They are 4 months old (december), worn maybe 10 to 15 times max but noticed the heel counter is creasing on the left shoe.
    I started to check the shoe construction and it appears there is no heel counter !
    It is simply a leather layer plus a layer lining with no reinforcement...
    I ve stopped wearing them since february and brought them to a cobbler but he just added an other layer of leather when I was asking to add a hard heel counter.
    I've carefully removed everything he made and I'm now looking for a solution.
    Should I contact BBS sales or simply bring them to an other cobbler ?

Also which is happening on the left foot will occur on the right as this is the same exact construction but a bit harder.

If you can’t fix it with a cobbler you can contact BBS studio and then ship them your bambas for repair.BBS takes their garments and shoes for repair, but they can charge repair fees, which they decide only after inspection of an item. They can’t tell you whether they charge or not in advance. Mind that all the shipping expenses are also on you side. Last week I shipped to BBS studio 3 pairs of bambas and some other items for repair. All my bambas are creaking while walking and BBS agreed to fix it.

Thanks for your answer but I have the feeling it is not an issue but litteraly they didn't put any heel counter in the shoe I'll send a mail to give a try

Quote Originally Posted by p2h View Post
    Thanks for your answer but I have the feeling it is not an issue but litteraly they didn't put any heel counter in the shoe I'll send a mail to give a try
    That's just how they are, there's no solution. (I have the same bambas and same thing is happening).
    I doubt sending them to BBS will be of any help. Don't waste your time and money on that.

just keep them as they are and wear them as they are. It's not really a problem, at least not for me.

Even with years of wear it didn’t break the heel ?
    I m actually worried about what could occur with years... I ll try another cobbler, sending to bbs workshop would be a non sense expense for a counter heel.

i mean ur complaining about bambas not being built well, have u read this bbs section at all? half the posts here are about how much garbage bambas are, ur not playing tennis or bball or jogging in this, as far as walking into a bar from ur car and back these should work fine w/ out a heel counter. Other life things maybe not so much, i never thought that geobaskets could look so modern but when u compare prices and build quality they sure do look like a bargain.

Ok got it, I guess I worry too much... I have same problem on other shoes and the leather broke after 3 to 4 years so when I saw this I was very disappointed this happened with those shoes, but well.

And yes geobasket is my next stop

I’m wearing my Geobaskets for the 6th year now (with 1 repair) and I don’t think anything will stop me from continuing.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Given current situation with an infamous plague I don't think I would advise to send the boots in the next few months if you don't want to get them lost.

Quote Originally Posted by upsilonkng View Post
    i mean ur complaining about bambas not being built well, have u read this bbs section at all? half the posts here are about how much garbage bambas are, ur not playing tennis or bball or jogging in this, as far as walking into a bar from ur car and back these should work fine w/ out a heel counter. Other life things maybe not so much, i never thought that geobaskets could look so modern but when u compare prices and build quality they sure do look like a bargain.
    I think the thing is that Bambas look much more solid than other boots (e.g, Geobaskets). Rick's boots look like regular $150 stuff to me.

Unfortunately perceived quality is not always real quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
    I think the thing is that Bambas look much more solid than other boots (e.g, Geobaskets). Rick's boots look like regular $150 stuff to me.

Unfortunately perceived quality is not always real quality.

What is pointed here is the BBS' low quality in shoemaking.
    I have A1923 sneakers, nike sneakers, RO sneakers... all are reinforced, but BBS sneakers are just shitty made, it's incredible to put so much layers of leather (3) on side panel and not to reinforce the heel counter, this is the basic of shoe making, shoemakers are doing this since centuries...
    how can you sell 1200 euros sneakers at retail price when they are so low quality ?
    Sole shows slight heel drag after only 10 walks, pretty hard to walk in all day long even after breaking in, eyelets break laces (adding a zip would have been a smart move), Impossible to tie them tight so your foot is always slipping while walking even with the correct shoe size, tongue is curving at the outside of the shoe, no air eyelets (don't know the name in english sorry) so your feet remain pretty moist the whole day...
    As I 've paid them as a bargain I don't mind spending some more euros over it, I'll wait after confinment wave and bring them to a cobbler to at least make them as I'd like : side zip, counter heel, stitched tongue, additionnnal outsole, adding air eyelets (?)...
    Shouldn't be very expensive, and at least they would be perfectly wearable then.

But I won't buy BBS' sneakers twice. for the same price you can buy far better made shoes !

I have A1923 sneakers, nike sneakers, RO sneakers... all are reinforced, but BBS sneakers are just shitty made, it's incredible to put so much layers of leather (3) on side panel and not to reinforce the heel counter, this is the basic of shoe making, shoemakers are doing this since centuries...
    how can you sell 1200 euros sneakers at retail price when they are so low quality ?
    Sole shows slight heel drag after only 10 walks, pretty hard to walk in all day long even after breaking in, eyelets break laces (adding a zip would have been a smart move), Impossible to tie them tight so your foot is always slipping while walking even with the correct shoe size, tongue is curving at the outside of the shoe, no air eyelets (don't know the name in english sorry) so your feet remain pretty moist the whole day...
    As I 've paid them as a bargain I don't mind spending some more euros over it, I'll wait after confinment wave and bring them to a cobbler to at least make them as I'd like : side zip, counter heel, stitched tongue, additionnnal outsole, adding air eyelets (?)...
    Shouldn't be very expensive, and at least they would be perfectly wearable then.

But I won't buy BBS' sneakers twice. for the same price you can buy far better made shoes !
    none of this is news though. bbs footwear looks cool is not made for anything other than shelves...

My friend, fully agree. In fact, that's what I said above. They look like they could survive the Armageddon, but unfortunately do not survive one mile of walking...

I don't regret buying my Bambas, though. Arguably not the best money I've spend, of course. But not a shitload of money, so no big worries.
    Last edited by Hertz; 04-10-2020 at 04:37 AM.

For what it's worth the BAMBA1's have a heel counter, as do the boots and shoes. I haven't had any quality issues with the pairs I own and tend to do long miles in my sneakers in particular.

Carol's diagonal zip boots don't have a heel counter either and that does result in a degree of leather fold/crush depending on your luck with the specific pair/leather. His other boots and shoes do however, and his drips and paper dart sneakers are more comfortable and durable than folks probably give them credit for.

Agree about the Rick's, reach for his sneakers more often than any other shoes as they're well built, durable and comfortable. That said the rubber on the more recent pairs (post the circa 2014 pink sole "limited editions") is softer so the heels wear faster. Also still have the same problem I've always had where the stitching between the upper and sole separates where the forefoot flexes regardless of the model. Rick's can be picked up at decent prices at the end of the season though compared to "artisanal" sneakers.

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    Carol's diagonal zip boots don't have a heel counter either and that does result in a degree of leather fold/crush depending on your luck with the specific pair/leather. His other boots and shoes do however, and his drips and paper dart sneakers are more comfortable and durable than folks probably give them credit for.
    all CCP tornado I ve seen had a heel counter, or it is directly stitched to the boot or on rooms You can basically even see the construction through leather.
    Maybe old models were built like that but I didn’t have my hands on

And for rick’s footwear I had the problem you mention with my ramones, I just added some kind of mastic to flatten the inner sole. It was very annoying after some walks even hurting. Now it’s like I don’t even remember I had this issue.