• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Boris Bidjan Saberi

Doing some research and found it strange that we don't have a general thread for Boris Bidjan Saberi. File stuff that's not in seasonal threads already here. As usual, stay away from shopping discussion.

Boris Bidjan Saberi Tumblr
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Prototypes
    • Oct 2008

Yes!

Fould that he's one of the few designers that has an tumblr that really sums up his culture/inspiration and ideas.

Just to ask, is he on his own now that he's no longer under "noseasons" showrm?

Comment

• Pleue
      • Sep 2011

this is a good one

JP on fashion speed: exclusive interview with Boris Bidjan Saberi
      moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• mortalveneer
        • Jan 2008

Wish those interview photos were in colour...

thanks for the link though!
        I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Nomad_
          • Jul 2012

great read on boris thanks pleue!

i check his tumblr once a week

very ill pics

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

Maybe its a translation thing but his interviews are boringly repetitive. Then again, maybe its the interviewer.

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

or maybe the designer has nothing to say!
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

As a journalist I can say that various things can get in the way - language barrier, inability to articulate what one feels, etc. Especially when somebody interviews you on the spot without preparation. Some people are not wired for expressing what they feel in words/writing.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MajesticMap
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                  Maybe its a translation thing but his interviews are boringly repetitive. Then again, maybe its the interviewer.
                  most of the interviews ask him the same things as well. It's like, yes, we know his new line is inspired by the mafia. But what of it?! Why don't we get him to expound on what makes such a stereotypically violent culture appealing to him as a designer? man, i'd love to chew his ear off, language barrier and all
                  is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• Macro
                    • Apr 2008

maybe the designer has little to say because he chooses not to. after all, his main form of communication is through his clothing, and justifying ones work with words can distort the intended method of translating the view one has made of the world. it's us, the consumers, that demand the explanation they are not required to provide, so it's no surprise to me boris is purposely vague or misleading with his work.
                    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                      • Jan 2011

or maybe the interviewer should calm down a bit. i think it is his fanboyish behavior that makes this interview probably entertaining, but not very insightful. i mean, i’d be bored too answering repetitive one-line-questions of a »man-crushing« child, if i were a designer who should deserve better journalists.

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
                        • Jun 2010

from the few bits of video interviews floating around i believe his english is not the best - and he doesn´t seem to feel comfortable doing public relations.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

And anyway the best article on Boris Bidjan Saberi is in StyleZeitgeist Magazine, Volume 3. So, consider this discussion closed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                            maybe the designer has little to say because he chooses not to. after all, his main form of communication is through his clothing, and justifying ones work with words can distort the intended method of translating the view one has made of the world. it's us, the consumers, that demand the explanation they are not required to provide, so it's no surprise to me boris is purposely vague or misleading with his work.
                            agreed,
                            and while this may not be the issue in Boris' case, another thing to consider is that there is no necessary connection between being very talented in one area of creative discipline and being articulate / verbally fluid in expressing one's self. I think sometimes we impose unreasonable expectations on people, ones we ourselves probably couldn't live up to in similar situations.
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Pumpfish
                              • Sep 2010

Just look at his work, and look at him. This guy transmits continuously with clarity and distinction.

Words are overrated. Especially in your third or fourth language.....
                              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎