X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

it was ok

there were plenty of deep blues, could be good to have in a normcore fit kind of thing, where your clothes are highly artisanal but the archetype is a classic silhouette, think moto, white tee, blue jeans and boots.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• 13we2
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Nestor View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but at some point in the show it seemed to transition from the retrospective into a few looks from the FW20 collection.
        The only new stuff I noticed if noticeable at all was a pair of boots and the one-shoulder vest, which was introduced 2 years ago but was nonetheless hightlighted in the fw20 showroom as "new". So there's no exaggeration on the retro part.

Personally I don't mind slow self-evolution, as is the case with most designers in the artisanal camp. It's perfectly acceptable for me if the team took a 2 year vacation and just to relax themselves and then came back with some not-so-revolutionary ideas for their designs. I'd still buy bunch of them and look the same in their clothes day in day out. I mean I'm a bit too old for you know, off-white and Balenciaga's new ideas... I still believe in a lot more potential in the brand, slow meaning just that it has reached certain level of maturity and perfection. Take filmmakers or novelists, who don't have to submit to the rule of putting out a new work every 6 months that has to please the audience, or else out of the game.

On a side note, I'm gradually amazed recently to find how many Chinese stores started carrying BBS in the past 1 year or 2. I can easily name 20 of them who mostly operate business via Taobao and WeChat, yet lacking international online presence. But shit there are an awful lot of them these days. I bet the idea of the "rainbow" color-way collection of the Salomon shoe exhibited in Leclaireur was suggested by some Chinese buyer. Hope my fellow Chinese kids' buying strength helps!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

13we2, I imagine a lot of those storefronts are selling fakes.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            chinese consumers are way smarter than to buy fakes, this is what the industry calls paralleling or parallels which in where a store with a reputable name does B2B with someone for a cut and they ship the product to their stores on the low, or rather its individual resellers who dropship product from other stores, this kind of pattern is the new *hustling* when it comes to the importation of goods to china which otherwise would be hard to get.

this kind of thing is rather rampant atm tbh
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• 13we2
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Haha then I would've said 200+ instead of 20. Also I'm aware of the scheme Trigger refers to but I wasn't including this kind in my last observation.

These emerging newcomer stores I'm talking about are actually legitimate businesses - have (at least most of them I assume) direct contract with BBS as with all the other brands they are selling just like any other established buyer stores. I just doubt their BBS sales look promising to themselves at all, though. Maybe when their BBS forays have proved unfavorable after a year or 2, they'll drop it and just focus on more profitable brands - I should mention some "dark labels" are being quite popular in China now - notably Rick, Guidi, Marc Le Bihan, or even CCP footwear had its short-lived heyday. Some of these new stores bear a wide-ranged selection of brands like Alyx, Ambush, ACW (see I already came up with 3 for "A"), the infamous Greg Lauren, TB, or even off-white, etc, so I guess it's not that hard for them to stay in business, especially when the store owner is a 25-year-old college graduate and his father someone owns half a province's real estate.

Regarding fake BBS, actually there has been a significant drop in recent years - as someone who has been closely surveilling this particular crime, fake BBS' prime was around 2013-2015, now only very limited styles and neglectable trading volume. And those few of the very BBS counterfeit makers have since busied themselves faking FOG, Supreme boxlogos, etc, and are doing pretty amazingly great, like the rest of the trendy Chinese counterfeiters, from what I can tell. The only fake that sells right now is the Salomon Bamba 2, of course, and funnily enough, the pirated "11" logo aesthetic - I've seen quite a few times on Chinese "TikTok" those Chinese kid influencers dancing in some yeezy style "streetwear" jacket and sweatpants with that 11 printed the size of a football, often follwed by some wtf print eg "11 by dark borijan design"...

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

We talk with the German-Iranian designer about his origins in underground hip hop, skateboarding and punk, and where is his brand going now.

You decided to stop showing your collections in Paris. Tell us more about this.

Again, I asked myself, what should I do now? What I decided is that, hey, we cook slow, so we won’t enter this game. That’s why I decided to not have a fashion show in Paris anymore. There was a moment when I realized I got stressed thinking, ‘what do I present’ instead of ‘I have to present this’. If there’s a moment in the future when I want to talk, present or show again because I think it’s important culturally, then I will definitely do it. Otherwise, I won’t. Because it would be cheating on myself and on society. Nowadays, everything is confused, in the end, you have to copy because you have no time to create. Most of the designers I see today, they just repeat or copy.
                On the other side, I created and put so many things on the table that I feel like I want to step back a little bit and create what I feel and what is opportune at this stage of my life. Today, I want to do the perfect garment. At first sight, maybe you can’t see the difference, but if you try to figure out how the pattern or the production are done, then you’ll understand what’s behind this garment. It’s like a good plate. Of course, visually maybe they have the same appearance, but I think that we have to come to the point again where you feel which is the good plate. Everything is getting so fast that we have lost our feeling on things.

Comment

• Zak
                  • May 2018

Interesting. Thank you!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                    Haha then I would've said 200+ instead of 20. Also I'm aware of the scheme Trigger refers to but I wasn't including this kind in my last observation.

These emerging newcomer stores I'm talking about are actually legitimate businesses - have (at least most of them I assume) direct contract with BBS as with all the other brands they are selling just like any other established buyer stores. I just doubt their BBS sales look promising to themselves at all, though. Maybe when their BBS forays have proved unfavorable after a year or 2, they'll drop it and just focus on more profitable brands - I should mention some "dark labels" are being quite popular in China now - notably Rick, Guidi, Marc Le Bihan, or even CCP footwear had its short-lived heyday. Some of these new stores bear a wide-ranged selection of brands like Alyx, Ambush, ACW (see I already came up with 3 for "A"), the infamous Greg Lauren, TB, or even off-white, etc, so I guess it's not that hard for them to stay in business, especially when the store owner is a 25-year-old college graduate and his father someone owns half a province's real estate.

Regarding fake BBS, actually there has been a significant drop in recent years - as someone who has been closely surveilling this particular crime, fake BBS' prime was around 2013-2015, now only very limited styles and neglectable trading volume. And those few of the very BBS counterfeit makers have since busied themselves faking FOG, Supreme boxlogos, etc, and are doing pretty amazingly great, like the rest of the trendy Chinese counterfeiters, from what I can tell. The only fake that sells right now is the Salomon Bamba 2, of course, and funnily enough, the pirated "11" logo aesthetic - I've seen quite a few times on Chinese "TikTok" those Chinese kid influencers dancing in some yeezy style "streetwear" jacket and sweatpants with that 11 printed the size of a football, often follwed by some wtf print eg "11 by dark borijan design"...

Thank you for this report, haha! Good to know. What's being faked is an excellent indicator of what's popular.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                      • Oct 2015

Does anybody know what's up with the price increase of the BBS t-shirts? Pricing has increased to $400 range. Mr. Saberi if you are reading this...C'mon Dawg!

Comment

• SanFranciscojp
                        • Apr 2018

Someone please explain the P13's excessive drop crotch to me. I have tried on the P13s three times, and despite their backbreaking price I would buy them in an instant for the incredible fabric treatment, body molding, and fit around the legs. Agin: They are perfect -- but I can't get past the butt!!! Between mainline and 11, I own four Boris pieces, so I'm a fan. But what's the appeal of the saggy butt? Would P13 owners here rather have a more traditional drop? And why do so many other avante garde designers (for lack of a better term) go with the drop crotch? I'm thinking 10SEI0OTTO and Masnada in particular. I totally support anyone who likes the drop crotch... but if someone could "explain" it, that would be much appreciated.

Comment

• nyarkies
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by SanFranciscojp View Post
                          Someone please explain the P13's excessive drop crotch to me. I have tried on the P13s three times, and despite their backbreaking price I would buy them in an instant for the incredible fabric treatment, body molding, and fit around the legs. Agin: They are perfect -- but I can't get past the butt!!! Between mainline and 11, I own four Boris pieces, so I'm a fan. But what's the appeal of the saggy butt? Would P13 owners here rather have a more traditional drop? And why do so many other avante garde designers (for lack of a better term) go with the drop crotch? I'm thinking 10SEI0OTTO and Masnada in particular. I totally support anyone who likes the drop crotch... but if someone could "explain" it, that would be much appreciated.
                          So that you can wear your adult diapers with it. Taking a dump on toilets is overrated. Filling that diaper with poop until it sags is where it's at. ;)

In all seriousness though, I think it has something to do with skateboarding culture. At least, that's the answer I read before. I don't skateboard so I can't verify that.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Having disposable time is a luxury and a dropped crotch pant makes running or walking fast impossible, forcing its wearer to stroll and appreciate their surroundings.
                            Also, they remind me of those sick Karl Kani baggies I had in high school.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SanFranciscojp View Post
                              I'm thinking 10SEI0OTTO and Masnada in particular.
                              Well the reason those labels would have it is because others have it - they are copy cats that knock off Boris and Rick heavily.

As for your original question, I think this is just a style preference. I do agree that it's a pretty low drop crotch, I don't wear it myself.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎