Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

im curious why the emphasis was on 12-11-12 when there's nothing to be found?
    silent>dd but i think the basics are just ok, even the organic stuff was just a hair better than the AA stuff. once that stuff was washed u really couldn't tell it was anything more than a $20 tshirt. And yeah that stuff is now around $200.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
      Redacted.
      Silent was great but nowadays, they can keep up with the pricing of Damir some years ago. They still provide great basics, but the pricing has gone nuts. Also, why did they drop the organic stuff?

/sorry for off topic
      Really? Maybe you are right, cause I only see it on YOOX
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

dont really want to add on to the silent discussion in a boris thread, but just wanted to chime in.

'pricing has gone nuts' is subjective no? i mean they are still way cheaper than a rick basic, and they usually always go on sale. used to own a couple, but moved away because of 'price'. but recently bought a few new ones on sale and cant figure why i stopped in the first place.

and no way they're just a hair better than AA, more like a headful. got a few AAs recently with a promocode, still rotting in the closet.

without going into the philosophy and notino behind diffusion line. hit or miss, better or worse, either way, am excited to see what 11 brings to the table for boris. im sure its going to be interesting nonetheless, in terms of construction, fabrics and treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          cause I only see it on YOOX
          so it was you! And I wonder who takes all the good silent stuff

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I said "see" not "buy" I don't own a single silent item. Mostly because the tees are mini-dress size.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• move_ment
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by electricgecko View Post
              i know. i was wondering about the scheme behind the tattoos. just curious about things like that.
              I interviewed him recently and asked this exact question, actually.

I noticed you have some tattoo work by Maxime Büchi, can you tell us a bit about that, and shed some insight behind the numeric system that appears across your arms?

Maxime is a very good friend of mine and our team and we also collaborated a few times on SangBleu and Novembre magazine, so it felt also right to work with him on my tattoos. About the numbering — all I can tell you is that I am obsessed about numerology. The rest is a secret. :)

Comment

• amsicora
                • Feb 2011

something related to Fibonacci

I guess

Comment

• electricgecko
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
                  I interviewed him recently and asked this exact question, actually.
                  ah, he won't tell. understandable. even without understanding the details, it's a great conceptual tattoo. thanks for sharing – which publication did you interview him for? is that from SZ vol 3?

Comment

• shah
                    • Jul 2009

abdelrahman makes 8
                    b. bidjan saberi makes 11

what mideastern man will come up with another numbered collection (14) next ?
                    Last edited by shah; 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• stiversstyle
                      • Jan 2013

New 11 collection website

http://550bc.com is purportedly a site with pics for the 11 collection. http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/01/...s-new-11-line/ has information that matches the photos.

Comment

• brettwagg
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by stiversstyle View Post
                        http://550bc.com is purportedly a site with pics for the 11 collection. http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/01/...s-new-11-line/ has information that matches the photos.

Same 5 images on both links, except that tumblr doesn't have any information to go along with it. Not sure how I feel about anything posted so far

Comment

• electricgecko
                          • May 2012

i think we need more and clearer pictures to judge it. but as it looks so far, this seems not be the way functional clothing works for me. acronym has a better approach, i think. well. still curious to see that 11 stuff in person.

Comment

• move_ment
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by electricgecko View Post
                            ah, he won't tell. understandable. even without understanding the details, it's a great conceptual tattoo. thanks for sharing – which publication did you interview him for? is that from SZ vol 3?
                            The SZ vol. 3 article was great, and by another member here.
                            Mine is featured in Underscore Magazine: The Flight Issue.

Capturing interest for now, in which it's succeeded. Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

i thought it was a boris standalone 'diffusion'?

no one told me it was going to be BBS x uniqlo

i sure hope they kept the best bits for last

Comment

• electricgecko
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
                                nice. will have to pick up that issue. thank you, looking forward to read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎