X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuat
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by en0rm View Post
    are you trying to say that the Black Afgano and the BBS smell the same??
    Yes, extremely similar. BBS a bit less sweet, but the base component must be the same.

And the expensive Meo Fusciuni - Notturno is exactly like Black Afgano. Someone on the net is saying it's a rum ether. I don't get the hype of either of these three. At the same time I got my hands on some Amouage Attar Tribute and it's like a whole other league compared to regular perfumes.
    Last edited by Kuat; 01-10-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

Let me guess: They all have the insanely popular aroma chemical Javanol (or a cousin) in their base?

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
        Yes, extremely similar. BBS a bit less sweet, but the base component must be the same.

And the expensive Meo Fusciuni - Notturno is exactly like Black Afgano. Someone on the net is saying it's a rum ether. I don't get the hype of either of these three. At the same time I got my hands on some Amouage Attar Tribute and it's like a whole other league compared to regular perfumes.
        I grab Notturno some months ago (after trying BBS, not so good imho) and -yes- the first note is rhum, but it fades away in a few seconds.
        Don't know nothing 'bout hype on Notturno and Boris, since last parfum I bought was 4 years ago: simply entered this Dark store and taste both... and end up choosing Notturno: the ink and tobacco note remains strong, but I found it to be not "that" strong.

Comment

• darkart
          • Jun 2011

Just wondering where can I get showpieces from the runway. It turns out that most of the great pieces from the show in SS17 did not put into production.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

They don't have seperate show pieces, everything in a collection is produced if it's ordered by a store (apart from very few exceptions). if you can't find them at a retailer or the BBS stores, then they probably don't exist.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Guun
              • Nov 2014

Does anyone know what the coming FW17 collection will be called?
              insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• darkart
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                They don't have seperate show pieces, everything in a collection is produced if it's ordered by a store (apart from very few exceptions). if you can't find them at a retailer or the BBS stores, then they probably don't exist.
                The reason I am asking this question is because I read the lookbook BBS team sent the retailers. Some pieces tagged (Show Only), I think that's really normal to all brand but sadly, those are the pieces I am interested in.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by darkart View Post
                  The reason I am asking this question is because I read the lookbook BBS team sent the retailers. Some pieces tagged (Show Only), I think that's really normal to all brand but sadly, those are the pieces I am interested in.
                  huh, I thought everything on the runway for FW16 was also at the showroom available for order but I guess I remember wrong. To my understanding, in the past if something hasn't gone into production, the piece is either very difficult (for whatever reason) or insanely expensive to produce, so it has been made just for the show. But I can't think of that many cases.

Either way, in that case I would say your only small chance is to contact the barcelona store
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                    • Feb 2015

I think that in every of Boris's collection there are pieces that are ONLY produced for the show. Once again that s the case with the FW17 one. Some garments were made of pig gut or something like that. Very fragile and of course impossible to sell.

Comment

• mizzar
                      • Mar 2008

He sold transparent leathers earlier, i can't see why he won't sell this.
                      Buyers just need to order, it will be pricey thou.
                      ____
                      sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                        • Feb 2015

I'm just saying some pieces won't be sold because Boris told me they wont. It's not a matter of buyers buying. We're not talking about cotton. We're talking about handmade shirts/jackets being made with animals guts, too fragile to be worn. They're runway pieces that's all. They won't be produced.
                        If someone wants to buy the unique piece maybe it can be done if Boris doesnt care about keeping it for his own archives.

Comment

• Campe92
                          • Jan 2017

Hi all, what do u think about the new AW17 lookbook of "11"?
                          Honestly i don't like it so much except some pieces, too many printed parts maybe...
                          "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                            • Aug 2012

I must say 11 is quite consistently terrible, with aw17 more than ever

It had a great potential to be a good alternative to y3/acronym with a boris touch, but i guess it's lost now

Comment

• Campe92
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by tornaremavencer View Post
                              I must say 11 is quite consistently terrible, with aw17 more than ever

It had a great potential to be a good alternative to y3/acronym with a boris touch, but i guess it's lost now
                              Yes, it's true. For me the last nice "11 collection" was AW1516, but i think you can catch some good piece in every season
                              "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                                • Aug 2012

There are 1-3 pieces here and there but as a whole i completely lost interest in the brand, bbs11 is now the new hood by air. It's a prime example of a cool concept gone wrong, hope it doesn't affect his mainline which is still great.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎