Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekinerkan
    • Jan 2013

There is what seems to be an introduction/promo to the longer video at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13912738

If only someone would translate the longer video, as there are many gems in those conversations.
    “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
    The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
    The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
    That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
    And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
    Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
    Under the noses of the police officers,
    Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
    Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
    That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
    -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• Resonkuken
      • Oct 2012

Thanks for that, man. Even if it was only a small part, it was nice hear him talk a little about his work and isnpirations.
      If I ever visit Barcelona, I´m son checking out that place. In a way it seems that it goes perfectly with his creations, the construction process of his garments and their end look.

Comment

• chestercopperpot
        • Oct 2011

amazing vid.

friend of mine speaks arabic and offered to translate it (jokingly). I said "no really, can you do it?!" Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Fenix
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mizzar View Post
          11 is due to FW, so no items before late august- early september.
          Please read the thread.
          Are people actually excited for 11? From what I've seen, it's going in the opposite direction I had hoped Boris would. Weren't the silver hang tags enough? Plastering the number 11 all over the garments just ruins it for me.

I'm surprised more people don't feel the same.
          Originally posted by hausofblaq
          Grow up.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

I feel the same way as well, i don't like numbers on my clothes.. and it looks like sportswear anyways , who cares. BBS is getting into CCP territory anyways as far as pricing 3400eu for a leather, 340eu for a cotton tank? a bit much, by fw13 the coated jeans will be 1400eu... I bet this will be the most expensive of the bunch, MA/drkshdw/silent etc..

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
              Banned
              • Jun 2011

same with me dont like any of the pieces. as fenix mentioned the silver hang tags were already pushing it. also alot of the stuff just looks like some poor mans arcteryx veilance. think drkshdw/silent were done much better

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

Prices will continue to rise until people stop paying. It's the nature of business to attempt to find that perfect price point where profits are at their peak and clients continue to buy. To that, I also say, who cares.

Boris continues to impress me. Season after season, I see a progression. The quality is there, tailoring improved, and even in pieces I don't particularly like I can appreciate the construction.

I'm just curious why he chose this path with a diffusion line. He could of gone the Silent route, there is proven success there...or at least I would think. The branding is just fucked up in my opinion.
                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                Grow up.

Comment

• shah
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                  Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hzEfTCY#at=152

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc5a...ature=youtu.be

This almost 30 minute clip was just posted from BBS Facebook page. Unfortunately I have no idea what they're saying, but it's always interesting to see studios, how things are made and so many silver straps gathered in one place!

*apparently there was a part two as well, added that.
                  this same fellow did a bbc special before that was in english.

the first video doesn't load for me (regional restrictions, it would seem), i skimmed through the second part, some interesting stuff like his love of numbers, all his tattoos are dates, the show at darklands ended up revealing the number 3 to him, he's born on 11 sept. etc. some of the work seems to be just for display rather than wear, i guess much more experimental than practical.

i'll probably watch through it later and if can find the first part would be nice to see it all together..

Comment

• lost53
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                    Are people actually excited for 11? From what I've seen, it's going in the opposite direction I had hoped Boris would. Weren't the silver hang tags enough? Plastering the number 11 all over the garments just ruins it for me.

I'm surprised more people don't feel the same.
                    I have seen one t, and a bag with an 11 applied.
                    Where have you see the 11 plastered all over garments?

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

Indeed depending on garment the "11" seem is not everywhere. However I quite like the "11" logo on the tee.

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Aren't you excited to see what the capsule includes? Have you jumped into conclusions judging from just a few photos?
                        As I said earlier, Boris is the only one who can make street-wear work. Maybe his first attempt won't be a classic but he has all the right aesthetics and inspiration to make it work in the future.
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Ekinerkan
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by chestercopperpot View Post
                          amazing vid.

friend of mine speaks arabic and offered to translate it (jokingly). I said "no really, can you do it?!" Fingers crossed.
                          I was under the impression that it was Farsi being spoken, not Arabic.
                          “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
                          The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
                          The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
                          That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
                          And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
                          Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
                          Under the noses of the police officers,
                          Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
                          Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
                          That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
                          -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                            I'm just curious why he chose this path with a diffusion line. He could of gone the Silent route, there is proven success there...or at least I would think. The branding is just fucked up in my opinion.
                            The direction, I imagine, is simply what he wanted to do. he has a ton of basics in the mainline, so I'm not sure what his take on something like Silent would've been. For the most part, the 11 line is not for the same crowd as his mainline, at all.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Good point, Eternal. But, I am also thinking that Silent has at this point not much congruity with Damir Doma's mainline, and it seems to be doing Ok.

Diffusion lines are a difficult beast to get right, I think, because keeping lower price points in mind puts additional limitations. On the flip side, it can provide a good challenge for a talented designer to get it right with more limitations.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                                Then it's not a very good idea to use the parent brands image. Some incongruity can be ok, but it might as well backfire onto the parent brand if the perceived fit between the two is not high.
                                not sure about that, I think it could also be argued that if you do an offshoot line, do something notably different instead of washed down, cheap version of the mainline, and this is what he is doing. there are aesthetic similarities, but its still entirely different. I doubt it will be sold by the same stores either, so I don't see a big risk in it affecting the main line much.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎