X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuriz
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
    (...) at least offer some p13 knock off jeans that are waxed that we can actually destroy. Is that too much to ask?
    Totally agree with this. Would love to be able to buy a cheap pair and be able to wear them to oblivion.

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
      • Jun 2010

...this was about the special installation and show titled eleven he did like 2 years ago in berlin, where he showed his most extreme experiments. in the following seasons (mainly ss12 and fw12/13) bbs released a lose array of heavy treated, experimental and strictly limited pieces as kind of an ongoing encapsuled collection that were labeled "eleven". but all this has nothing to do with the new diffusion line that is titled "11".

Comment

• March27
        • Apr 2013

In fact..the eleven collection is the first line launched by Boris Bidjan Saberi while the 11 collection is (as) "second line",the first presentation was the last fashion week and it was disegned by BBS' brother!
        Originally posted by thee_vultures _actress View Post
        ...this was about the special installation and show titled eleven he did like 2 years ago in berlin, where he showed his most extreme experiments. in the following seasons (mainly ss12 and fw12/13) bbs released a lose array of heavy treated, experimental and strictly limited pieces as kind of an ongoing encapsuled collection that were labeled "eleven". but all this has nothing to do with the new diffusion line that is titled "11".
        FOLLOW WHITE RABBIT

Comment

• Ekinerkan
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by March27 View Post
          In fact..the eleven collection is the first line launched by Boris Bidjan Saberi while the 11 collection is (as) "second line",the first presentation was the last fashion week and it was disegned by BBS' brother!
          I'm sorry if I am terribly ignorant, but Boris Bidjan Saberi's brother? Please elaborate.
          “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
          The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
          The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
          That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
          And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
          Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
          Under the noses of the police officers,
          Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
          Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
          That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
          -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

The 11 capsule items on Antonioli look sloppy, the models must have sized up for the shoot. Anyway the prices are very high given the quality, I am not satisfied at all. I basically hate everything.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

so you have handled it or you judge the quality by those pics?
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by magic View Post
                so you have handled it or you judge the quality by those pics?
                I judge the quality by the pics and what I see 'till now does not please me. Sorry. I kinda of feel that the price-quality ratio is not right.
                Last edited by ian+; 06-05-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• jskidder1
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  I judge the quality by the pics.
                  how exactly does one do this?

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                    how exactly does one do this?
                    There are zero retailers in my country so basically there is no other way, of course it's a process of trial and error, many times in the past I was wrong about something. Is this so strange? Am I the only one who judges quality by just seeing photos? Don't you guys get an idea from photoshoots, especially when there are detailed shots that offer a close up of the garment?

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

i am forced to try and judge quality from pics for the same reason. i have no other choice. whenever possible i ask for detail shots of the fabric and so on but even that is not very reliable. i have been both pleasantly surprised and greatly disappointed once items arrive at the door.

with regard to the 11 stuff, i don't hate it. not at all. but i have to say it does look a little cheap-y to me in the pics. the fabrics primarily. and the price is high enough that for my money i'll hold out for the real thing. unless of course i'm wrong about the quality. which i hope i am
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jskidder1
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                        There are zero retailers in my country so basically there is no other way, of course it's a process of trial and error, many times in the past I was wrong about something. Is this so strange? Am I the only one who judges quality by just seeing photos? Don't you guys get an idea from photoshoots, especially when there are detailed shots that offer a close up of the garment?
                        i would suggest talking to someone who has handled the garment in person and forming your opinion based on that. even if not a forum member here, you can gain knowledge from correspondence with retailers who have the garment physically in hand and are able to describe it to you.

i would also avoid presenting an uninformed opinion as fact. it is one thing to rely on photos or second-hand descriptions to make a personal buying decision, but quite another to pass your thoughts on in a way that might influence others.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

true. good point. i've gotten lots of good info from various members here

so in keeping with this...has anyone here actually handled the garments?
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

i would suggest talking to someone who has handled the garment in person and forming your opinion based on that. even if not a forum member here, you can gain knowledge from correspondence with retailers who have the garment physically in hand and are able to describe it to you.
                            That's true, as a matter of fact this works for me and helps me gain experience since I can't handle the garments myself before buying them.

i would also avoid presenting an uninformed opinion as fact. it is one thing to rely on photos or second-hand descriptions to make a personal buying decision, but quite another to pass your thoughts on in a way that might influence others.
                            I never presented an uninformed opinion as a fact, that's wrong. I just expressed what I thought about this first presentation. Take it or leave it. I don't think other members are so influenced by me or anyone, they can judge for themselves.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            so in keeping with this...has anyone here actually handled the garments?
                            Faust and Mike did in the showroom as I can recall.

Comment

• likeaboy
                              • May 2013

Brad pitt in bbs jacket. imo i think he looks pretty good in that jacket

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                                • Sep 2012

i've spoken to a couple of buyers here in l.a. that have felt the garments in showroom and passed on the line, noting that the quality of 11 was not that great in comparison to the mainline, and even silent.

Personally, I like the way boris wore the 11 shirt while presenting his collection and I really like the black and grey jeans, but for the price, I would just go for the mainline stuff.

the bags are a huge disappointment, not because they are nylon (they could have easily gone with canvas or even gone the eastpak route and done some sort of cheap leather, but they cheapened out all around here).

Anyway, whoever the target buyers for this stuff is (high school and college kids i'm guessing), I doubt they'd be able to afford it or even bother with it. Kids these days are getting much smarter about their image.

- saw that brad pitt shot earlier, and he wears it well! He's always wearing great pieces, although he's been wearing stuff very casual and sloppy lately, but this looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎