Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

BBSNY has testers for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfedora View Post
    ... with a heated(?) press of sorts (saw it in a vid one time).
    Can you post the video here? Was it a private video or YouTube video? Interested to see how the process is done! Yes I've heard it is heated over 130℃ or something like that. Thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by 13we2 View Post
    Can you post the video here? Was it a private video or YouTube video? Interested to see how the process is done! Yes I've heard it is heated over 130℃ or something like that. Thanks for the information!
    I wish I could remember what video I saw it in...it wasn't private of anything like that. Looked around for an hour on the web last night and came up with nothing to show. There was not a great deal of detail, but I can recall for the most part what occurred: 'Boris has a pair of old P13's laid out flat and he quickly applies a semi-viscous black liquid from a paint tray using a regular looking paint roller to a quarter of the jeans. The pants were then quick pressed in an industrial press, with steam or a little smoke being emitted.' That is all that I remember it being with not much explanation of the process (for good reason). If I ever do come across it again, of course I will post it.

Thank you so much blackfedora! Very informative! I used to try painting my own clean p13s with bee wax, etc to get the irregular patterns, haha of course I didn't have Boris' equipment so the pants turned out to be literally dirty and sick... I wanted to know what exactly they meant by "vinyl" on the pants' tags, is it a resin/plastic like polystyrene?

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Boris Bidjan Saberi Perfume Review

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2016/09/...rance-release/

I finally got a bottle delivered to my 3rd world hellhole (new shipping regulations suck since you can't ship by air).

Anyway, I don't know who copied who, but the scent is EXACTLY the same between these three fragnances that i got in 2016:

- Boris Bidjan Saberi
    - Black Afgano by Nasomatto
    - Notturno by Meo Fusciuni

BBS is on par with Black Afgano, but probably a little bit better than the Notturno (not so strong/pronounced)

are you trying to say that the Black Afgano and the BBS smell the same??

Quote Originally Posted by en0rm View Post
    are you trying to say that the Black Afgano and the BBS smell the same??
    Yes, extremely similar. BBS a bit less sweet, but the base component must be the same.

And the expensive Meo Fusciuni - Notturno is exactly like Black Afgano. Someone on the net is saying it's a rum ether. I don't get the hype of either of these three. At the same time I got my hands on some Amouage Attar Tribute and it's like a whole other league compared to regular perfumes.
    Last edited by Kuat; 01-10-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Let me guess: They all have the insanely popular aroma chemical Javanol (or a cousin) in their base?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuat View Post
    Yes, extremely similar. BBS a bit less sweet, but the base component must be the same.

And the expensive Meo Fusciuni - Notturno is exactly like Black Afgano. Someone on the net is saying it's a rum ether. I don't get the hype of either of these three. At the same time I got my hands on some Amouage Attar Tribute and it's like a whole other league compared to regular perfumes.
    I grab Notturno some months ago (after trying BBS, not so good imho) and -yes- the first note is rhum, but it fades away in a few seconds.
    Don't know nothing 'bout hype on Notturno and Boris, since last parfum I bought was 4 years ago: simply entered this Dark store and taste both... and end up choosing Notturno: the ink and tobacco note remains strong, but I found it to be not "that" strong.

Just wondering where can I get showpieces from the runway. It turns out that most of the great pieces from the show in SS17 did not put into production.

They don't have seperate show pieces, everything in a collection is produced if it's ordered by a store (apart from very few exceptions). if you can't find them at a retailer or the BBS stores, then they probably don't exist.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Does anyone know what the coming FW17 collection will be called?
    insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    They don't have seperate show pieces, everything in a collection is produced if it's ordered by a store (apart from very few exceptions). if you can't find them at a retailer or the BBS stores, then they probably don't exist.
    The reason I am asking this question is because I read the lookbook BBS team sent the retailers. Some pieces tagged (Show Only), I think that's really normal to all brand but sadly, those are the pieces I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by darkart View Post
    The reason I am asking this question is because I read the lookbook BBS team sent the retailers. Some pieces tagged (Show Only), I think that's really normal to all brand but sadly, those are the pieces I am interested in.
    huh, I thought everything on the runway for FW16 was also at the showroom available for order but I guess I remember wrong. To my understanding, in the past if something hasn't gone into production, the piece is either very difficult (for whatever reason) or insanely expensive to produce, so it has been made just for the show. But I can't think of that many cases.

Either way, in that case I would say your only small chance is to contact the barcelona store
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

I think that in every of Boris's collection there are pieces that are ONLY produced for the show. Once again that s the case with the FW17 one. Some garments were made of pig gut or something like that. Very fragile and of course impossible to sell.

He sold transparent leathers earlier, i can't see why he won't sell this.
    Buyers just need to order, it will be pricey thou.
    ____
    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

I'm just saying some pieces won't be sold because Boris told me they wont. It's not a matter of buyers buying. We're not talking about cotton. We're talking about handmade shirts/jackets being made with animals guts, too fragile to be worn. They're runway pieces that's all. They won't be produced.
    If someone wants to buy the unique piece maybe it can be done if Boris doesnt care about keeping it for his own archives.

Hi all, what do u think about the new AW17 lookbook of "11"?
    Honestly i don't like it so much except some pieces, too many printed parts maybe...

I must say 11 is quite consistently terrible, with aw17 more than ever

It had a great potential to be a good alternative to y3/acronym with a boris touch, but i guess it's lost now

Quote Originally Posted by tornaremavencer View Post
    I must say 11 is quite consistently terrible, with aw17 more than ever

It had a great potential to be a good alternative to y3/acronym with a boris touch, but i guess it's lost now
    Yes, it's true. For me the last nice "11 collection" was AW1516, but i think you can catch some good piece in every season
    Sorry for my bad english =D