Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435
Results 681 to 694 of 694

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

  1. #681

  2. #682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackfedora View Post
    I wish I could remember what video I saw it in...it wasn't private of anything like that. Looked around for an hour on the web last night and came up with nothing to show. There was not a great deal of detail, but I can recall for the most part what occurred: 'Boris has a pair of old P13's laid out flat and he quickly applies a semi-viscous black liquid from a paint tray using a regular looking paint roller to a quarter of the jeans. The pants were then quick pressed in an industrial press, with steam or a little smoke being emitted.' That is all that I remember it being with not much explanation of the process (for good reason). If I ever do come across it again, of course I will post it.
    Came acorss it just now accidentally

    https://vimeo.com/51621462

  3. #683

    Default

    Anyone know if 11 footwear have hit stores yet? I understand they were shipping quite later than other items. Serpentine in Toronto assures me they'll post about it once they land, but the timing seems vague.

  4. #684

    Default

    Couple of styles recently gone up on Vertice London site , maybe worth a �� also been up on Ink , Hong Kong for a while !

  5. #685

    Default

    Dear people of this dormant thread,
    I feel as if the build quality of FW18 pieces is the best it's been since years. Especially regarding construction and cut. After 4 years I finally caved in to the infamous J2 and have to say, this year's iteration is by far the best I ever tried on fit-wise. Also true for the Suit1 jacket, I reckon.
    Anyone picked up pieces from FW yet that'd like to share?

  6. #686

    Default Collar1 chain trouble

    Has anybody in here had problems with the collar1 necklace?
    From what I've seen BBS replaced the original design this season with a more open link design. I've blown through two chains now (both simply seperated at seemingly random spots) and am fed up with replacing it. Don't really like the new design judging by the pics from bbsny tbh. Naybody else had these problems with their chain?

  7. #687

    Default

    Hi fellow BBS lovers,

    I have a problem that a shoe-repairing service struggled to solve, so I decided to seek for help here.

    One of my bamba1 sneakers (which are fairly new - purchased about 5 months ago, but worn quite rarely) started to make a strange squeaky, craunch-like sound while I walk, which appears to come somewhere from inside the sole. My friend has exact same problem with his older bamba1 from previous collection.

    This is extremely irritating, as it sounds especially loud when sneakers are worn in a quiet place - e.g, in the office environment - where I love to wear them. Any chance anybody knows how to solve it?

    Regards.

  8. #688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
    Hi fellow BBS lovers,

    I have a problem that a shoe-repairing service struggled to solve, so I decided to seek for help here.

    One of my bamba1 sneakers (which are fairly new - purchased about 5 months ago, but worn quite rarely) started to make a strange squeaky, craunch-like sound while I walk, which appears to come somewhere from inside the sole. My friend has exact same problem with his older bamba1 from previous collection.

    This is extremely irritating, as it sounds especially loud when sneakers are worn in a quiet place - e.g, in the office environment - where I love to wear them. Any chance anybody knows how to solve it?

    Regards.
    Hey man,
    I know how you feel, I got the same problem with my bambas !! it was suuuuuper annoying , super loud squeaking that started all of a sudden on the right foot after 5-6 months of wear.... and extra annoying considering the price of these (I own 3 pairs of bambas, that one was the only pair I had paid full retail, so it was even more upsetting).
    but I happily manage to solve it.

    May i Know what season are they from ? maybe there was some sort of flaw on a particular seasons or something.
    Mine are from ss17, this exact pair: https://elixirgallery.com/item/1493/...r-in-dark-grey (which is incorrectly listed as horse leather, but is in fact kangaroo).

    The solution was contacting directly BBS atelier at Barcelona, and ask for help. They offered to repair the bambas for free, the only thing that was at my expense was the shipping cost (shipping in and shipping back to me). An easy solution for me since I live in Paris, and shipping from Paris to Barcelona is not a big deal (shipping to them was cheap bc I used regular mail with tracking, shipping back to me was expensive because they use express overnight fedex, but you can still arrange for cheaper shipping options if you want).

    What they did was to change the whole sole, as it seems the squeaking sound might be a defect inside of the sole (air trapped inside, two parts rubbing against each other, who knows...?). For that reason they asked me to send both feet (left foot was perfect, no problem with it, but tehey still asked me to send it). They changed the whole gum sole and the gum parts that are glued on top of the shoe. The end result is getting what feels like a new pair of bambas, the downside of it is that the color of the sole is not the same as it initially was, because artisanal treatment etc etc. Mine were a very dirty white with blue/grey coating, now they are extremely white / dirty white.

    You can check pics from before and after on my IG: the_missingwords

    In case you live in North America, maybe contacting BBS New York can be a solution.... ?

    hope it helps!

  9. #689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
    Hey man,
    I know how you feel, I got the same problem with my bambas !! it was suuuuuper annoying , super loud squeaking that started all of a sudden on the right foot after 5-6 months of wear.... and extra annoying considering the price of these (I own 3 pairs of bambas, that one was the only pair I had paid full retail, so it was even more upsetting).
    but I happily manage to solve it.

    May i Know what season are they from ? maybe there was some sort of flaw on a particular seasons or something.
    Mine are from ss17, this exact pair: https://elixirgallery.com/item/1493/...r-in-dark-grey (which is incorrectly listed as horse leather, but is in fact kangaroo).

    The solution was contacting directly BBS atelier at Barcelona, and ask for help. They offered to repair the bambas for free, the only thing that was at my expense was the shipping cost (shipping in and shipping back to me). An easy solution for me since I live in Paris, and shipping from Paris to Barcelona is not a big deal (shipping to them was cheap bc I used regular mail with tracking, shipping back to me was expensive because they use express overnight fedex, but you can still arrange for cheaper shipping options if you want).

    What they did was to change the whole sole, as it seems the squeaking sound might be a defect inside of the sole (air trapped inside, two parts rubbing against each other, who knows...?). For that reason they asked me to send both feet (left foot was perfect, no problem with it, but tehey still asked me to send it). They changed the whole gum sole and the gum parts that are glued on top of the shoe. The end result is getting what feels like a new pair of bambas, the downside of it is that the color of the sole is not the same as it initially was, because artisanal treatment etc etc. Mine were a very dirty white with blue/grey coating, now they are extremely white / dirty white.

    You can check pics from before and after on my IG: the_missingwords

    In case you live in North America, maybe contacting BBS New York can be a solution.... ?

    hope it helps!
    Had the same experience with my SS17 Bamba1 F2522M: will write the whole story asap.

  10. #690

    Default

    Hi guys,

    Thanks for fast response - did not expect this given the slow-flowing nature of this thread.

    Nomadic Planet, thanks for a detailed solution. I believe my friend's Bambas come from exact same season as yours, the only difference is them being black. Mine are black from the previous season - look like these (https://www.antonioli.eu/it/IT/men/p...baif2504-black), but with distressed sole color.

    Based on your description, we have an exact same problem. Unfortunately, looks like this is an ongoing problem, as today I was talking to a local store SA and he confirmed that he have heard the complaints from other customers as well (by the way, the problem boot is the right one for me as well - would be funny if it's not a coincidence). I live in Moscow, so while shipping is not expensive, it comes with a lot of hassle. Will think about what should I do - probably will try to visit local high-end shoe atelier to check if they can solve it.

    Regards.

  11. #691

    Default

    and hence bbs footwear is dropping in value like crazy, cant even sell bamabs within the last few seasons for over $300 i see shit sitting for less than $200 in good condition.

  12. #692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upsilonkng View Post
    and hence bbs footwear is dropping in value like crazy, cant even sell bamabs within the last few seasons for over $300 i see shit sitting for less than $200 in good condition.
    For me it's more because the shapes just don't change nowadays, as with J2 TS1 etc

  13. #693

    Default

    AW18 squeeks as well, hence i got rid of them after a few weeks of wearing,

  14. #694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upsilonkng View Post
    and hence bbs footwear is dropping in value like crazy, cant even sell bamabs within the last few seasons for over $300 i see shit sitting for less than $200 in good condition.
    $200-300 sounds like a snap purchase for an excellent condition ones for me.

    They definitely are not worth full retail price, though (as if anything is).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •