Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian+
    • Dec 2011

Where can I find metal clips like the ones he uses to fold the collar of his leather jackets?
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
      Where can I find metal clips like the ones he uses to fold the collar of his leather jackets?
      Pretty sure these are custom made. I'd contact a BBS retailer (or the company)
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• negroygris
        • Aug 2013

Does anybody know if the Grey Resin Dyed LONGJOHN2 fit true to size? or if one should size down? I typically wear a waist size 28-29, and I am on the fence if i should get a size XS, instead of S.
        We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• julian_doe
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
          Does anybody know if the Grey Resin Dyed LONGJOHN2 fit true to size? or if one should size down? I typically wear a waist size 28-29, and I am on the fence if i should get a size XS, instead of S.
          It depends on the fit you want. These taper a Lot, and I personally feel that they look better with a tighter fit. XS would be a tight fit for sure if you get TTS (meaning if you actually wear 28" bottoms).

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
            It depends on the fit you want. These taper a Lot, and I personally feel that they look better with a tighter fit. XS would be a tight fit for sure if you get TTS (meaning if you actually wear 28" bottoms).
            I would size up, I wear S in every bbs pant, and I buy M for the Long Johns
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• 13we2
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
              I wish I could remember what video I saw it in...it wasn't private of anything like that. Looked around for an hour on the web last night and came up with nothing to show. There was not a great deal of detail, but I can recall for the most part what occurred: 'Boris has a pair of old P13's laid out flat and he quickly applies a semi-viscous black liquid from a paint tray using a regular looking paint roller to a quarter of the jeans. The pants were then quick pressed in an industrial press, with steam or a little smoke being emitted.' That is all that I remember it being with not much explanation of the process (for good reason). If I ever do come across it again, of course I will post it.
              Came acorss it just now accidentally

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                • Feb 2011

Anyone know if 11 footwear have hit stores yet? I understand they were shipping quite later than other items. Serpentine in Toronto assures me they'll post about it once they land, but the timing seems vague.

Comment

• Baddog10
                  • Jul 2015

Couple of styles recently gone up on Vertice London site , maybe worth a �� also been up on Ink , Hong Kong for a while !

Comment

• meth3434
                    • Aug 2013

Dear people of this dormant thread,
                    I feel as if the build quality of FW18 pieces is the best it's been since years. Especially regarding construction and cut. After 4 years I finally caved in to the infamous J2 and have to say, this year's iteration is by far the best I ever tried on fit-wise. Also true for the Suit1 jacket, I reckon.
                    Anyone picked up pieces from FW yet that'd like to share?

Comment

• meth3434
                      • Aug 2013

Collar1 chain trouble

Has anybody in here had problems with the collar1 necklace?
                      From what I've seen BBS replaced the original design this season with a more open link design. I've blown through two chains now (both simply seperated at seemingly random spots) and am fed up with replacing it. Don't really like the new design judging by the pics from bbsny tbh. Naybody else had these problems with their chain?

Comment

• Hertz
                        • Dec 2018

Hi fellow BBS lovers,

I have a problem that a shoe-repairing service struggled to solve, so I decided to seek for help here.

One of my bamba1 sneakers (which are fairly new - purchased about 5 months ago, but worn quite rarely) started to make a strange squeaky, craunch-like sound while I walk, which appears to come somewhere from inside the sole. My friend has exact same problem with his older bamba1 from previous collection.

This is extremely irritating, as it sounds especially loud when sneakers are worn in a quiet place - e.g, in the office environment - where I love to wear them. Any chance anybody knows how to solve it?

Regards.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Hertz View Post
                          Hi fellow BBS lovers,

I have a problem that a shoe-repairing service struggled to solve, so I decided to seek for help here.

One of my bamba1 sneakers (which are fairly new - purchased about 5 months ago, but worn quite rarely) started to make a strange squeaky, craunch-like sound while I walk, which appears to come somewhere from inside the sole. My friend has exact same problem with his older bamba1 from previous collection.

This is extremely irritating, as it sounds especially loud when sneakers are worn in a quiet place - e.g, in the office environment - where I love to wear them. Any chance anybody knows how to solve it?

Regards.
                          Hey man,
                          I know how you feel, I got the same problem with my bambas !! it was suuuuuper annoying , super loud squeaking that started all of a sudden on the right foot after 5-6 months of wear.... and extra annoying considering the price of these (I own 3 pairs of bambas, that one was the only pair I had paid full retail, so it was even more upsetting).
                          but I happily manage to solve it.

May i Know what season are they from ? maybe there was some sort of flaw on a particular seasons or something.
                          Mine are from ss17, this exact pair: https://elixirgallery.com/item/1493/...r-in-dark-grey (which is incorrectly listed as horse leather, but is in fact kangaroo).

The solution was contacting directly BBS atelier at Barcelona, and ask for help. They offered to repair the bambas for free, the only thing that was at my expense was the shipping cost (shipping in and shipping back to me). An easy solution for me since I live in Paris, and shipping from Paris to Barcelona is not a big deal (shipping to them was cheap bc I used regular mail with tracking, shipping back to me was expensive because they use express overnight fedex, but you can still arrange for cheaper shipping options if you want).

What they did was to change the whole sole, as it seems the squeaking sound might be a defect inside of the sole (air trapped inside, two parts rubbing against each other, who knows...?). For that reason they asked me to send both feet (left foot was perfect, no problem with it, but tehey still asked me to send it). They changed the whole gum sole and the gum parts that are glued on top of the shoe. The end result is getting what feels like a new pair of bambas, the downside of it is that the color of the sole is not the same as it initially was, because artisanal treatment etc etc. Mine were a very dirty white with blue/grey coating, now they are extremely white / dirty white.

You can check pics from before and after on my IG: the_missingwords

In case you live in North America, maybe contacting BBS New York can be a solution.... ?

hope it helps!

Comment

• jap808
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                            Hey man,
                            I know how you feel, I got the same problem with my bambas !! it was suuuuuper annoying , super loud squeaking that started all of a sudden on the right foot after 5-6 months of wear.... and extra annoying considering the price of these (I own 3 pairs of bambas, that one was the only pair I had paid full retail, so it was even more upsetting).
                            but I happily manage to solve it.

May i Know what season are they from ? maybe there was some sort of flaw on a particular seasons or something.
                            Mine are from ss17, this exact pair: https://elixirgallery.com/item/1493/...r-in-dark-grey (which is incorrectly listed as horse leather, but is in fact kangaroo).

The solution was contacting directly BBS atelier at Barcelona, and ask for help. They offered to repair the bambas for free, the only thing that was at my expense was the shipping cost (shipping in and shipping back to me). An easy solution for me since I live in Paris, and shipping from Paris to Barcelona is not a big deal (shipping to them was cheap bc I used regular mail with tracking, shipping back to me was expensive because they use express overnight fedex, but you can still arrange for cheaper shipping options if you want).

What they did was to change the whole sole, as it seems the squeaking sound might be a defect inside of the sole (air trapped inside, two parts rubbing against each other, who knows...?). For that reason they asked me to send both feet (left foot was perfect, no problem with it, but tehey still asked me to send it). They changed the whole gum sole and the gum parts that are glued on top of the shoe. The end result is getting what feels like a new pair of bambas, the downside of it is that the color of the sole is not the same as it initially was, because artisanal treatment etc etc. Mine were a very dirty white with blue/grey coating, now they are extremely white / dirty white.

You can check pics from before and after on my IG: the_missingwords

In case you live in North America, maybe contacting BBS New York can be a solution.... ?

hope it helps!
                            Had the same experience with my SS17 Bamba1 F2522M: will write the whole story asap.

Comment

• Hertz
                              • Dec 2018

Hi guys,

Thanks for fast response - did not expect this given the slow-flowing nature of this thread.

Nomadic Planet, thanks for a detailed solution. I believe my friend's Bambas come from exact same season as yours, the only difference is them being black. Mine are black from the previous season - look like these (https://www.antonioli.eu/it/IT/men/p...baif2504-black), but with distressed sole color.

Based on your description, we have an exact same problem. Unfortunately, looks like this is an ongoing problem, as today I was talking to a local store SA and he confirmed that he have heard the complaints from other customers as well (by the way, the problem boot is the right one for me as well - would be funny if it's not a coincidence). I live in Moscow, so while shipping is not expensive, it comes with a lot of hassle. Will think about what should I do - probably will try to visit local high-end shoe atelier to check if they can solve it.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎