• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macro
    • Apr 2008

An Hour Outside Barcelona. June, 2012.

Sounds by Andy Stott.
    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

teaser for the new "11" line by way of diane pernet...

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lost53
        • Dec 2010

Any more info on the 11 line?

Release dates e.t.c?

Comment

• lost53
          • Dec 2010

That was uncanny, just as I wrote that.. this arrived in my inbox!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Idolatory
            • Nov 2011

Persian-German menswear designer Boris Bidjan Saberi announces the release of his conceptual line,

Comment

• upsilonkng
              • May 2010

does anyone actually know what this stuff looks like? does it come out today or ??

Comment

• electricgecko
                • May 2012

i wonder how this plays along with some of his rather definitive statements.

It is possible to see when a designer loses these things – loses part of their soul. It’s not difficult for it to happen because they have no time for anything else because they are doing womenswear, menswear, fragrances and diffusion lines. (…) And this is not what I intend to do and what I intend to be. I think I will stay where I am right now and will continue on this path but I will not grow in size any more.
                (from slamxhype)

not blaming him at all, looking forward to see what 11 is about. something like this but with exclusive clothes?

Comment

• surver
                  • Oct 2007

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by merz
                    i think the julius manifesto just got some real competition.
                    ... actually, i think Boris should do a collaboration with Tatsuro:

Last edited by surver; 12-11-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• shawn
                      • Apr 2007

We all see how fast a newly fashion brand decided to make a diffusion line nowadays.

According to the "11" statement, don't really see any reasons you can't presents so-called "street wear philosophy" in your mainline.

Please, everything has its philosophy - I am eating an Apple not Banana, it has too.

Summary, they all try to follow the Rick Owens' footstep for a business success.
                      So what happened now?
                      Julius (MA) is boring me for more than 3-4 seasons..
                      Damir Doma (Silent) , well..eco friendly basic items?
                      now BBS (11), good luck.

the smartest guy is CCP. LOL kidding.

Comment

• electricgecko
                        • May 2012

apart from ccp and very few other exceptions, diffusion seems to be necessity – basically it's a way to utilize your brands image to do volume sales without devaluing it. there's only so far you can grow with a high-end niche brand. as boris said himself. bit of a bummer, but understandable, economically.

Comment

• elephantstone
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by electricgecko View Post
                          apart from ccp and very few other exceptions, diffusion seems to be necessity – basically it's a way to utilize your brands image to do volume sales without devaluing it. there's only so far you can grow with a high-end niche brand. as boris said himself. bit of a bummer, but understandable, economically.
                          Sad but this is the truth..l.bet damir makes more money with silent(just take a look at how many stockists silent has). they no longer mention organic as part of the selling points(needs for expansion huh). But at least he's honest with his ambition of commercial success..i

Never understand the appeal of diffusion line but if it makes economical sense, why not. Just cut the manifesto crap pls....

P.S. speaking of manifesto, no thing comes remotely close to What Jun did in 2010, still hilarious to read....

Comment

• electricgecko
                            • May 2012

Never understand the appeal of diffusion line but if it makes economical sense, why not. Just cut the manifesto crap pls....
                            diffusion lines provide a possibility to own a piece of a brand's aesthetic and manifesto. you cannot afford (meaning not being patient or dedicated enough to make fewer but better buys instead of buying more and cheaper). i realize that's just part of the appeal of, say, silent, but i think that's what drives the sales first and foremost.

Comment

• jskidder1
                              • Jan 2011

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought that this was the opposite of a diffusion line. I was under the impression that '11' was all about limited editions and special fabrics/treatments. I also thought that some of this stuff was already around, as these 3 pieces have all been referred to as being from line 11 in various places:

Comment

• Pumpfish
                                • Sep 2010

One side of Boris's asthetic should be available to a wider market (the long skate street stuff), and can benefit from the economies of larger production runs. If it satisifies demand and funds the future development, why not.

Also, I'm not sure diffusion lines should be considered permanent. They can work very well at a particular point in a brand's development. Like now. To be consolidated back in at a later date.
                                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎