Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavagai
    • May 2010

I don't mind repetition or dilution. You put enough out there and there will be some monstrosities and mistakes. I am however confused by this collaboration regardless of the unsightly outcome. How does reaching Reebok customers further your label? Perhaps these are the projected purchasers of the 11 line? I'm unconvinced. The Rick Adidas collaboration makes some sense given Adidas has long been intimately involved in the hip hop and sports movements. Reebok? Probably resonates with the 35-40+ year crowd in a hipster/ironic sort of way.

Either way, I'm not going to be too overly critical as anything that supports his ability to make interesting clothes is fine by me.

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Ha, there have definitely been worse collaborations. I'd consider using these at the gym if the price point remains right. I can totally see these going for cheap on ebay also (all those resellers who will buy it thinking they'd make a lot of profit just because of boris!) reminds me more of the recent adidas y's collaboration as opposed to the rick owens adidas in terms of what i'd expect retail vs resell value to be. been seeing those y's going for 100
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
        I am however confused by this collaboration regardless of the unsightly outcome. How does reaching Reebok customers further your label?
        What makes you think its solely about trying to further your label though? They are not shown or sold as part of a bbs collection, they are not manufactured by the label, I'm not even sure if they will be sold by any of the same retailers, they were done together with some sneaker store

The Rick Adidas collaboration makes some sense given Adidas has long been intimately involved in the hip hop and sports movements. Reebok? Probably resonates with the 35-40+ year crowd in a hipster/ironic sort of way.
        This is getting a bit off topic, but... while Reebok might've not been as big of a name as Nike or Adidas, it was still big and particularly the Pump was extremely popular in the 90's. It might not resonate with kids today like dunks/airmaxes/whatever do, but its still a classic sneaker (even if its ugly). I wore them as a kid and Boris mightve too, I can see why he wouldn't mind customizing them given the opportunity. This is just how I see it any way.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• t-bone
          • Dec 2009

1. whofuckincares
          2. this is obviously a large campaign on the part of reebok where boris plays a very small part if there are 27 "collaborations" going on this year
          3. would totally kop bbs reebok crossfit nano 3.0s

Originally posted by kuriz View Post

Hope to see Froning, Bailey and all those other big dudes in BBS sneakers! On a more serious note...I was indeed a follower but with the prices sky rocketing and these very odd designs it's just not the same thing anymore...guess I'll have to become a RO follower like the rest of you guys^^

Btw., 359 reps 14.2, you serious? :O
          This wouldn't be the first weird crossfit-fashion crossover in my life.

Comment

• deltapie
            • Feb 2014

This season's bamba's really impressed me, they have a kind of classic look to them but are still distinguishable as something Boris would do. I was actually apprehensive to the older iterations, but I've grown to like his footwear over time. Those reeboks tho.. Either way more power to him.
            "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I don't mind repetition or dilution. You put enough out there and there will be some monstrosities and mistakes. I am however confused by this collaboration regardless of the unsightly outcome. How does reaching Reebok customers further your label? Perhaps these are the projected purchasers of the 11 line? I'm unconvinced. The Rick Adidas collaboration makes some sense given Adidas has long been intimately involved in the hip hop and sports movements. Reebok? Probably resonates with the 35-40+ year crowd in a hipster/ironic sort of way.

Either way, I'm not going to be too overly critical as anything that supports his ability to make interesting clothes is fine by me.
              You are overthinking this. Did you even read what we wrote or you just like to fly off the handle at any slightest opportunity [given your post history, seems to be the latter]? There is a famous sneaker store in Barcelona, they approached Boris, he thought why not? It's a one-off, made at behest of a friendly party. You don't like it, fine. I don't like it either. But chill the fuck out, honestly.

And, lowrey is right. If you knew anything about American urban culture, you would know that Reebok Pump was the shit in the early 90s. It's the first sneaker I ever wanted from the American hip-hop videos I watched as a kid in Russia, and it's the first thing in America I ever bought with my first minimum-wage paycheck.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                • Jan 2014

If anybody has any info on pricing or stockists, do share. I actually like these shoes.

And Faust, way to come to America and do it up right! We could only afford the L.A. Gear versions in my house.
                "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

Interesting that if I have anything to say that I am flying off the handle and open to ridiculous attacks. There are two pages of people saying these are shit. Reebok has been playing out their success of the pump shoes for years. While an interesting idea it was nothing more than a gimmick and hype and hasn't really had any relevance since the early 90s. For what its worth Reebok is owned by Adidas so perhaps there is something more interesting down the pipeline...

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

to back u, reebok was bought by adidas some time ago. reebok hasn't done anything since ... i don't know it's been so long, they are so irrelevant in sports i can't even recall, if they get good athletes they leave because the shoes are garbage, I think they're still working w/ hexalite which is what they were using when Allen Iverson was a rookie and it sucked then so.. whatever.i think it's right that these were first shown on hypebeast because when u do a shitty colab w/ a shoe store it's strickly hypebeast alley, i mean Boris just basically put down first and last months rent there. This is not to be applauded and should by all means shown the shitty neon glittery door out because it's fuckin garbage and he knows it and if u don't maybe u were born in 1990 these weren't hip hop shoes, they were worn by jackie chan and italian guys that liked disco and jamerique and if that's cool than go ahead and buy these. junk junk junk junk and get a Jesus Jones t-shirt w/ these shoes because u have to be a kid to not have lived thru this and regret it.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

this thread is becoming hilarious thanks guys thanks boris for the fun time
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

I saw jesus jones live in concert at six flags
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I saw jesus live in concert at the same place.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Null12
                            • Oct 2013

Aaaaand sold out @ Hanon Shop. Sold in less than 20 mins?

Or is it just a place holder?

I didn't think it would be that serious... Lol...

Comment

• Resonkuken
                              • Oct 2012

any other stockists that you know of?? Not to buy them but I´m eager to see pics from online stores and also if they´re handling different prices like the rick adidas.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍