Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

these days people complain when clothes fall apart and complain that clothes don't fall apart fast enough.

My experience with Boris personally, and i'm sure i'm not alone here, is that I got a lot of mileage out of each item and wore things every single day, sometimes to the point of not even having to wash anything for weeks (gross, I know, but some of his items just don't seem to soak oils or body odors like most other clothes do), and while i've never experienced any of his items falling apart, i'm guessing when they do it's because they are being worn and abused daily.. As Boris himself says, it is Armor and armor eventually wears out.

what was really impressive for me in his early seasons was the back's construction on his leather jackets and blazers, really beautifully made for the look.
    He has always had great quality and has good stuff, I just think it looked more appealing in the past (blood and primitive).
    I do agree with it, when in his fall winter 09/10 the whole collection was absolutely great, I now just find few pieces really interesting in his late collections, leather jackets are still interesting but I prefer past designs of his (I only felt attracted by his hood leather jacket during winter collection in 2014)
    quality and tailoring are not to discuss with BBS for all what I've experienced but prices are going nuts and I'm used to think BBS sells his productions almost only during sales.

Guardimp, by saying that "...designing like shit is talking about the design, it has nothing to do with the quality. These are unrelated things. He has always had great quality and has good stuff, I just think it looked more appealing in the past (blood and primitive)...", you are actually contradicting yourself. Quality and aesthetic are both incredibly important to design. Simply because his recent work does not appeal to you does not mean that Boris is "designing like shit." Such is just an opinion, and obviously an uneducated one at that (especially, given that you later praise the quality of his design, and even the progress of his brand). If your problem with his new collections is the fact that you miss aesthetic characteristics from his past collections, maybe you might appreciate a more stagnant designer. I am not trying to recommend this with a negative intention, but maybe try Poell.

Quote Originally Posted by guardimp View Post
    If you are so educated and insightful it would be nice to hear your opinion on the topic at hand as opposed to merely roasting me. I edited the post to start this page to be more in line with your wit and candor. Thanks for the critique :)
    I am not boasting at all, but I am certainly critiquing the substance of your post. In some aspects, BBS collections have certainly changed. There are more refined pieces in every collection, sure, but the "worn" aspect of some of his pieces is still clearly there (if that is the only thing you care about). Body molded leathers, sporadic waxing and wear on trousers, entirely hand stitched elements, and many other artisanal and rustic qualities can be seen all over S/S 15 and F/W 15. As well, you stated that Boris is "designing like shit" and the only real reason you offered to support that statement was that his collections don't appeal as much to you anymore. I offered to explain that the quality and progress which you praised Boris for are a HUGE parts of design. You might also want to take into consideration, the complexity of his cuts (as in his tailoring) and the functionality of his pieces (as in the new vest bag, which is far more useful).

So, I am left wondering if you have any other reason for making such a statement aside from you just not liking his collections anymore...

Default BBS TANN scent collection

moderation kills the spirit

Just so you know it's a collaboration with Mad et Len

http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2015/03/b...-x-mad-et-len/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I am confused of some BBS garments, just wonder do most of BBS high neck outwears come with the metal collar clips? or the clips only made for some specific models? can someone help me on this please. Thanks

Only for specific models.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Only for specific models.
    Thanks Faust.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

The references to Cholo's is obvious. This collection is not for me, but I never had a connection with 11bybbs. I'm not young nor street enough to wear this haha. I'm imagining coming at work with the middle finger sweater . Does the text on the shirt say: "I can fuck W"? The only things interesting for me personally are the trousers, which I assume are the P1/P2's. It also seems the models wear some old vintage model nikes or some new BBS sneaker direction?
    Last edited by unwashed; 07-09-2015 at 01:37 PM.

The cholo theme only reflects on 2 looks unfortunately. I find the gang related theme a bit pretentious tbh..
    Text says ''UCANFUCKW'' it was Boris his leather accessory line 2003/2004.
    Also the shoes are Nike Cortez.
    orale ese!

a fish out of water dies

Quote Originally Posted by 550BC View Post
    Text says ''UCANFUCKW'' it was Boris his leather accessory line 2003/2004.
    There were some clothes, the proprietor of Doshaburi Doshaburi showed me a UCANFUCKW tee from his personal collection. Nothing to write home about tho...

Default BBS FW15

Yo! Im completely new to SZ. I figured it would make sense to start with BBS considering that BBS is a majority of my own personal collection. Here are some cool pics from FW15 BBS.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2w48kxh6h...%20SABERI?dl=0 (Pics from The Archive SF)
    Last edited by r3dbarr0n1; 07-30-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Why are you posting old showroom pics?

Quote Originally Posted by mikko View Post
    Why are you posting old showroom pics?
    maybe because he's completely new to SZ. he figured it would make sense to start with BBS considering that BBS is a majority of his own personal collection and because he found that these pics were coool ...

First time im seeing those pictures.

So yeah its a good first post to me :)
    Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Quote Originally Posted by yffet View Post
    First time im seeing those pictures.

So yeah its a good first post to me :)
    I am going to have to agree with this, not everyone got to go to the showroom...
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    I am going to have to agree with this, not everyone got to go to the showroom...
    Yeah, I posted the pics of the showroom because not everyone gets to see it. No one else seemed to post these pics either.

Quote Originally Posted by r3dbarr0n1 View Post
    Yeah, I posted the pics of the showroom because not everyone gets to see it. No one else seemed to post these pics either.
    I have to agree with mikko, I have a little bit of a hard time understanding the purpose of this post. These images belong to The Archive, which is an affiliate store from SF, and these have been available for more than a month in their website. As well, these could have more appropriately been shared in the "Seasonal Collections" forum with a link to the store's own Dropbox (which is where you obtained these images regardless).