X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The clothes we got worked for what we wanted to do - something very different, not goth, very street and New York, kind of what I did as a teenager in Brooklyn, cutting school to go play handball, hang out, get harassed by cops.

I originally wanted to shoot in Brooklyn, so Harlem came by accident - the model lives there and when I was talking to him about the project he suggested we go around where he lives and I liked what I saw.

For a personal style viewpoint, that top layering piece is a winner - put it on my mental wish list for next season. The denim jacket is cool too.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

No, it's plain, just some waxing in front.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BodyDouble
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        it's great to put bbs in the conversation w/ giants like fear of god and supreme, maybe they'll start selling this on plndr or undefeated soon. quisus....
        Kris Jenner brought me here

Comment

• jap808
          • Dec 2012

minute 0:49
          it would've been cool to have the bus with the "BBS11" number, instead of "Bx15"

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

THE WASP FACTORY, BEN FROST'S OPERA
            COSTUME DESIGN BY BORIS BIDJAN SABERI

Boris Bidjan Saberi, German-Persian Designer, Menswear, Crafts, Experimental

For my dutch folks, it will be next month here.

a fish out of water dies

Comment

• SuE
              • Jan 2013

11 by Boris Bidjan Saberi Editorial and Interview • Highsnobiety
              Last year the designer introduced 11 by Boris Bidjan Saberi, a lifestyle line that places emphasis on technical fabrics, practicality and durability. Taking design cues from the main line’s expertise on silhouettes, 11 delivers functional streetwear for every day. While the namesake line is rooted in organic processes, 11 is a way for the brand to explore a more performance-focused style.

What is the concept behind the 11 line and what was the reason behind its creation?

11 is a 24/7 lifestyle line which draws inspiration from the essential garments that we all have in our wardrobe. It finds its balance between street references and tailoring skills. We interpret these key shapes with our own vision and concept of style.

The main influence from Boris Bidjan Saberi’s main line comes from a real knowledge of tailoring, which has been achieved over years and gives our designs a different cut and special feel. In that sense we sculpt our garments and analyze the materials in every detail. Everything is thought and conceived with real attention in order to achieve a perfect and long-lasting piece...

Compared to the main line, which is rooted in more organic processes and materials, 11 uses synthetic tech fabrics and more advanced processing methods. What materials do you work with and what benefits and purpose do they serve in the collection?

The main line is definitely about arts and craftsmanship – always digging for ancient techniques and treatments to give an ever more special, essential feel to the garments.

Being a 24/7 lifestyle line, 11 focuses more on technological and industrial innovations. Hyper-functional and long-lasting pieces with specific needs have to be cut in suitable materials. If you want to design a real waterproof raincoat you have to seek out synthetic fabrics, and the textile industry today offers an incredible range of material...
              One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• AHutching
                • Sep 2012

Not sure if this is the right thread,but boris studied fashion in barcelona.Was it at IED?

Comment

• amsicora
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by AHutching View Post
                  Not sure if this is the right thread,but boris studied fashion in barcelona.Was it at IED?
                  I know for sure that he's teaching at IED in barcelona

Comment

• braver
                    • Sep 2013

AW14-15 previews:
                    - http://www.verticelondon.com/designe...parel=menswear
                    - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0p1vw6nfv...idjan%20Saberi

Oh, will better post it to FW14 thread.

Comment

• woupes
                      • Apr 2011

Can anyone share some info on BBS horse leather jackets? Do they stretch over time? Any special care tips I should know about? The only leather jackets I have had are Rick&Julius lamb and calfskin, this horse leather is way different.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Horse leather is amazing - soft and durable at the same time. Special care advice - beat the shit out of it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Horse is by far the best way to go. Stretch? Depends on how tight it is. All will stretch some if it's under a great deal of stress. Def not going to as much as lamb. Buy and like E said, wear hard.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Boris in 5

bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• j100000
                              • May 2014

really loving the green shoes

Comment

• electricgecko
                                • May 2012

beautiful, restrained, cohesive, soft even. to me, boris keeps maturing in small, well-measured steps. a joy to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎