Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

yes CCP is one of his so many inspirationa so is Altieri but his biggest inspiration is Joseph Beuys and like magic said, he uses many armies from different era's as his main reference. Please dont tell me Carol invented all these treatments and techniques if you do, you seriously lack knowledge of history. Both designers use ancient techniques and treatments used by tribes, boris does less now of course.
    Last edited by 550BC; 06-30-2014, 10:51 AM.
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by magic View Post
      Most people seem to have these topic of copying when Boris has shown a new collections. But why no people see his original or credit to his progression?
      because its easier to point and yell when you see a few similarities, just look above.

Originally posted by excelsiom View Post
      because by what other means would he be able to carry off an entire collection(s) predicated entirely on intellectual larceny ... ?
      "entire collections predicated entirely"?

It seems like you are annoyed because you saw some similar elements and now think (or at least want to say so) that he is riding entirely on those things. If you have followed the work of both designers, and are not completely delusional, I'm sure you can tell that this is not the case and that there is a lot of originality in Boris's work. I have viewed full collections from both designers (in fact every collection Boris has presented in Paris) - there is no mistaking the two, and the similarities are in the end rather scarce.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

i think i speak for myself when i say go fuck urself kid.
        get off carol's dick, he's been on retirement for 4 years none of our favorite designers really invented anything but they have reinterpreted plenty and to good effect obviously, everyone is influence by everyone else to some degree, do us all a favor and get out of ur object dyed hole and look around and then google somethings earlier than 2008.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
          ccp people just mad because now bbs is the most expensive.. maybe if he actually made some new clothes.. it's only been 4 years or so. CCP is like the My Bloody Valentine of designers.
          Don't disrespect My bloody Valentine! !

Comment

• destroymebaby
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by excelsiom
            ...the man's blatant theft /.../ cognitive dissonance /.../ if any of you would care to present a more substantive argument...
            Yeah. It's not like it's in human nature to be inspired by others, to interpret, imitate, even copying. I mean, culture should be about distancing yourself and your work from everything else ever done. You should start from scratch, like the chimpanzees. It's not like cultivating is the foundation of human civilization. There's no need to write modernist prose any longer, not since Olysses, which by the way was a blatant rip-off of Homer's Odyssey. Please ban essayists, jugglers, mathematics, painters, sausages, haircuts and children. Please ban all music, and please ban silence since it derives from John Cage.
            The morning is not enough.

Comment

• destroymebaby
              • Aug 2012

Also, the lack of refinement and incapability to see and acknowledge nuances is what characterizes so called dilettantes.
              The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Mistifique
                • Mar 2014

Bbs atelier

Hi there,guys! Does anyone know specific BBS Barcelona atelier address ?
                Do they sell stuff or just as showroom? Thanks
                So Pure... So Cold
                Transilvanian Hunger

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

It's a convenient store up front and they have some clothes in the back.

I've got love for both of them, but there are def direct design relationships. All are influenced by Carol. Just like so many bands are influenced by Joy Division and MyBV. Not a bad thing. Just the truth. And I'm sure if someone were to dig deep enough, you'd find that Carol is influenced by some obscure artist. It is inevitable.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

and mbv was heavily influenced by Sonic youth and Dino Jr, and Joy Division was really influenced by VU, I just don't think Carol is so far apart that 20 years later everyone is somewhat influenced, he really only became ccp maybe 2007 before that it's just whatever and he hasn't done anything but take his time since 2010.. i'm only saying he's mbv because he's just living off the merits of that one thing and waiting... waiting... till everything comes round again i guess.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

ENOUGH.

Excelsiom, one more word out of you, and I am going to can your trolling ass.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

but what if excelcius is the living son of god? by that i mean carol's son of course, if u ban him he may rise from the dead and complete the destruction of of all evil men, which of course would just be boris. can't wait for that object dyed cross w/ the asymmetric bar that carol invented for 2020.

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                          and mbv was heavily influenced by Sonic youth and Dino Jr, and Joy Division was really influenced by VU, I just don't think Carol is so far apart that 20 years later everyone is somewhat influenced, he really only became ccp maybe 2007 before that it's just whatever and he hasn't done anything but take his time since 2010.. i'm only saying he's mbv because he's just living off the merits of that one thing and waiting... waiting... till everything comes round again i guess.
                          Yep.. like bands that are all of a sudden back together for reunion tours. They're just broke. Honestly though, Carol is working. Most of his ideas were conceptualized years ago and it's only now that he has the ability to create them. I wouldn't want to be part of that seasonal rat-race either. The simple thought that our appearance should fluctuate so much, so often is absurd. Just another money making machine.

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                            Yep.. like bands that are all of a sudden back together for reunion tours. They're just broke. Honestly though, Carol is working. Most of his ideas were conceptualized years ago and it's only now that he has the ability to create them. I wouldn't want to be part of that seasonal rat-race either. The simple thought that our appearance should fluctuate so much, so often is absurd. Just another money making machine.
                            Agreed. It's equally insane to expect a designer to output a fresh batch of new pieces every six months, and get upset when they're not delivering.

Comment

• woupes
                              • Apr 2011

Can anyone share some info on this Boris leather jacket?

Comment

• garbage_queen
                                • Dec 2010

...He once cast his net in the ocean,
                                And pulled it up with mud from the bottom ...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎