Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

One can hope that the new stuff won't have those annoying strings hanging from the backs of garments.
    boris should not get rid of the signature strings. whoever doesnt like them can easily cut them off but i like them and leave them on all my bbs garments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    There was one pair of pants from the line available via ebay not too long ago but no one went for it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BORIS-BIDJAN...p2047675.l2557

Really lovely textures with the BBS signature silhouette/cut.
    This pant was released with the normal winter line this season and was available at Darklands and Ink (both sold out fairly quickly). I thought the design was the most interesting pant of his season, so now I'm looking forward to seeing more... if it is actually part of the 11 line. At over $1000 retail it's hardly a design looking for a broader market. I think it was his most expensive pant of the winter season. The crowd on a budget looking to own a piece of the brand is not the customer for 11, apparently.
    Last edited by byhand; 12-12-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngoa View Post
    boris should not get rid of the signature strings. whoever doesnt like them can easily cut them off but i like them and leave them on all my bbs garments.
    agreed. one of the best subtle and unique signature details out there. also makes it hard to wear more than one bbs piece at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by electricgecko View Post
    agreed. one of the best subtle and unique signature details out there. also makes it hard to wear more than one bbs piece at a time.
    I don't like them for the same reason I don't want a visible BBS logo embroidered on every garment. The string is essentially the logo in a kind of undercover capacity, identifiable only to those in the know. I don't wear logos. The strings are silly and lend a juvenile touch to his work. I think it undermines what is otherwise some wonderful designing. Not a big deal on the pants, but it's a blight on shirts and jackets.

i already was disappointed when he left out all the additional strings he had until recent. they give the garments the nomadic touch i like.

I don't mind them on pants either, but on the back of a tailored jacket does not seem to work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by electricgecko View Post
    why do you think that the strings makes it harder to wear several bbs pieces at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by kuriz View Post
    why do you think that the strings makes it harder to wear several bbs pieces at a time?
    maybe it's a personal thing, but i tend to feel a bit dressed up when wearing a total look by one designer. it's okay when wearing, say, a rick LS under a rick blazer, but the bbs strings make it way to obvious that certain pieces belong together. i also think that this is a good thing, because it encourages to come up with interesting combinations yourself.

Uh, this is so forced :\
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

forced indeed. well, at least it's coherent with his numbers thing.

(tattoos by maxime büchi. anybody knows the pattern/concept behind those, by the way?)

Quote Originally Posted by JoniF View Post
    11 = ||
    i know. i was wondering about the scheme behind the tattoos. just curious about things like that.

any more info on the 11 line yet? found this on ebay, seller states it to be out of the 11 collection. looks similar to the one that was available on Vitamori to me.

Yes it's the same model that was for sale on Vitamori.

designers sure do get creative with justifying their diffusion lines. Robert Geller seconds was my favorite because it took me seconds after seeing it to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75 View Post
    designers sure do get creative with justifying their diffusion lines. Robert Geller seconds was my favorite because it took me seconds after seeing it to vomit.
    This is genius.

Speaking of diffusion lines, these days I think people are more interested in Silent than Doma's main line which has taken a turn for the..... something.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    I think people are more interested in Silent than Doma's main line which has taken a turn for the..... something.

its just weird. its so weird.

i know theres kind of a general sentiment of disgust with diffusion lines, but can't we wait to see how it all pans out? from all the buzz recently, I'm gathering that Boris is not the most articulate of interviewees so why can't we just wait for the clothes before giving a verdict..?

Yeah, I thought I'd be the last person to say it, but if it's done well it could be good. Silent is case in point. DRKSDW as well.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Silent is leaps and bounds better than mainline, dare I say silent offers the best basics for the money this side of uniqlo.

I think diffusion lines can be a great entree into a designer for the less affluent or more financially prudent or in cases like the aforementioned drkshdw where it's a different vision, centered around denim, etc. When it's just a shittier version or appears too soon for a designer that is yet to really even establish him/herself, that's when it gets weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Silent was case in point.
    Redacted.
    Silent was great but nowadays, they can keep up with the pricing of Damir some years ago. They still provide great basics, but the pricing has gone nuts. Also, why did they drop the organic stuff?

/sorry for off topic
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)