X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twelve12twelve
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by tornaremavencer View Post

Huge fan of Boris, however theese are getting dangerously close to geobaskets in my opinion...
    Disagree - how exactly do you figure they are dangerously close?

Comment

• 37ING
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by skullkid View Post
      Like 3 years ago? I bought my bambas in 2012. Pitty they don't carry mainline anymore I think. By the way Joyce sells CCP like 10 years ago.
      When they stop? I don't remember I saw any bbs in IT during my last year visit. I only saw some in INK.

Comment

• tornaremavencer
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by twelve12twelve View Post
        Disagree - how exactly do you figure they are dangerously close?
        Please tell me these are not:

[IMG][/IMG]
        [IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by Ahimsa; 10-26-2015, 02:25 PM. Reason: Too big, resize them

Comment

• twelve12twelve
          • Jul 2015

Still sticking by it, the aesthetic is completely different. Sure there are similarities, inspiration - but so many things are built on this; that's what makes it so good and continually pushes designers toward a better, more versatile and suitable product for particular tastes. I would remain hesitant to say dangerously close (a far cry from what we've seen from some other designers - read: carbon copy).

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

Not, I dont see it. RO didnt invented high cut sneakers or grey colour tones. They are much more outside now that looks closely a knock off.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

OMFG, these people. Stop inventing shit in your head. no one would ever confuse those two sneakers it's not like Cynthia Azria or whatever hew name is.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justin_bridou
                • Feb 2015

Damn, I never look that close to BBS sneakers, what the hell are these traces of glue at the heel ? are they here on purpose ? because it looks like a collage done by my 2 years old boy !are all his sneakers done like this ?

Comment

• julian_doe
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justin_bridou View Post
                  Damn, I never look that close to BBS sneakers, what the hell are these traces of glue at the heel ? are they here on purpose ? because it looks like a collage done by my 2 years old boy !are all his sneakers done like this ?
                  I'm pretty sure it is melted rubber. I've seen this in a couple of shoes.

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    OMFG, these people. Stop inventing shit in your head. no one would ever confuse those two sneakers it's not like Cynthia Azria or whatever hew name is.
                    Honestly, the picture on the previous page is closer to an allblack geobasket than the shit done by Cynzia Azaria. Doesn't me you can confuse any of them with geos, imho.
                    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

True, though this may be because Syntasia Azazel openly admits to ripping off Rick so that'd be a bit much.

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                        True, though this may be because Syntasia Azazel openly admits to ripping off Rick so that'd be a bit much.
                        I think Sanza Azarela only said Rick Owens was an "inspiration".
                        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 13we2
                          • Sep 2015

I think the guy was deliberately trying to stir something up anyway. The psychology might be like, "even if I make the same triangle patterns, I make them so BBS that you have to admit mine is more sick and avant-garde, etc."

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                            I think the guy was deliberately trying to stir something up anyway. The psychology might be like, "even if I make the same triangle patterns, I make them so BBS that you have to admit mine is more sick and avant-garde, etc."
                            I think you are confusing speculative bullshit with analytical thinking.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

i have had barely any time to post lately but its a bummer that the only active posting in this thread lately has been geobasket related. what the hell....

these days i see boris as the one designer right now that really embodies the things that got me into this corner of the fashion world in general, and stylezeitgeist in specific. the combination of design AND quality that I used to get from altieri et al and even ccp.

for me boris falls somewhere along the continuum between altieri and rick owens (and his imitators). somewhere between the earthiness and the otherworldliness. it is darkness and rock and roll and also heavy and well built in terms of materials and craftsmanship. i'm not sure why he doesn't get more attention right now, especially with the void created by the absence of ccp, and the stalled development of the post-carpe designers. rick is basically a one man gang right now for a lot of us, so why no love for bbs?

maybe its the price...?
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I could not agree more, cjbreed. It's been interesting to observe my own turnaround on BBS. I used to dislike it, but then Boris really evolved, and others, well, devolved/changed, so now he really does occupy that place you mentioned virtually all by himself. Rick is exploring other areas, it's certainly not nearly as tough as it used to be, Julius is too polished/cybergoth fantasy, CCP is on permanent vacation, Damir, whatever the fuck happened there, etc. As far as hard-hitting stuff as an aesthetic statement, he has few peers, if any.

I think partly the reaction is the residue of the old days when BBS was accused (by me, among others) of being too close to Damir one the one side and Rick on the other side. But things have changed drastically.

Pricing might be a part of it, but prices will come down next season with a combination of favorable exchange rates and BBS lowering wholesale prices a bit.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎