Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

my thoughts - price comes into play to some extent but I think it's really hard to tell how good some of his pieces are unless you have it in your hands. I just picked up the cashmere wool/cotton zipper2 and it's a really nice piece. None of the online sites could convey the feel and texture of the piece in their pics. The weight of the fabric gives it a nice shape enhancing how his new hood is cut.

I bought it without ever handling it and it's more than what I would pay for a hoody. But if you think of it as outerwear (easily functions that way) then the price is not bad at all.

Unfortunately most of us can only buy online and these days, it's a bit of a risk if you can't return it. The secondary market is down the tubes as everyone waits for the deep discounts to start. And if you can get into a store, you rely on the buyers selecting the gems in each collection.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    i have had barely any time to post lately but its a bummer that the only active posting in this thread lately has been geobasket related. what the hell....maybe its the price...?
    Last edited by sshum88; 11-19-2015, 06:30 PM.
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• justin_bridou
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

maybe its the price...?
      As far as I'm concerned, it is the price increasing. I remember buying 2 leather jackets in 2010 and 2011 : the rider and the J1 in lamb leather. Great pieces, I still have one at home. I paid something like 1800 euros retail for each of them.
      Last time I had a look at BBS leather jackets online (maybe last year), I saw a J1 at 4000 euros. Everything is said, a image of squeezed lemon, you know, I don't like when the joke is on me.

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Unfortunately I went trough some similar experience last summer at pnp: the 4k€ price tag was just too much. CCP was more tempting at the same price point...
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 37ING
          • Jun 2015

I just bought a bbs book by Atlante, I wanna ask is every book come with the string with a leather badge that goes into every bbs garment like this?

Or some of it come with normal string like mine as below? I kinda sad it does not come with the signature string.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Every book came with the same string as the garments, all glued into the book at BBS's atelier in Barcelona. The previous owner probably removed the leather part, on purpose or by accident.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Or we've entered the era of counterfeit designer books, which would be some shit.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                Or we've entered the era of counterfeit designer books, which would be some shit.
                FAKE SZ MAGS FOR EVERYONE!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 37ING
                  • Jun 2015

thanks for the info faust, however I contacted the bookstore (webster in italy) and this is what they replied

the publisher tells us that the leather tag was expected only in the first edition, in the reprint that they did not expected this leather tag.
                  Unlucky me, too late to buy this book

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Oh, I see - I did not know this was reprinted.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jskidder1
                      • Jan 2011

i wouldn't sweat it. just consider it accelerated ownership. i've owned dozens of bbs pieces and the leather part of the tag almost always disintegrates eventually.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                        • Oct 2012

It´s just a tag... I have some bbs garments that don´t have it as well. The book is really great, has some very interesting writing and beautiful pictures of the collections. That´s what matters.

Comment

• falkenauge
                          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                          my thoughts - price comes into play to some extent but I think it's really hard to tell how good some of his pieces are unless you have it in your hands. I just picked up the cashmere wool/cotton zipper2 and it's a really nice piece. None of the online sites could convey the feel and texture of the piece in their pics. The weight of the fabric gives it a nice shape enhancing how his new hood is cut.

I bought it without ever handling it and it's more than what I would pay for a hoody. But if you think of it as outerwear (easily functions that way) then the price is not bad at all.

Unfortunately most of us can only buy online and these days, it's a bit of a risk if you can't return it. The secondary market is down the tubes as everyone waits for the deep discounts to start. And if you can get into a store, you rely on the buyers selecting the gems in each collection.
                          Could you provide some pics of the hoodie? I'm also interested in the fabric.

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Believe this is the same piece: https://www.grailed.com/listings/430...e-Zipper-Hoody

It certainly seems to me Boris is having a moment / getting quite a bit of attention right now?

I would say given his ingenuity / youth combined with massive prior experience throughout his life we are still in the Model T era of the brand and controlled expansion tends to reduce compromise.

Comment

• obsi
                              • Aug 2011

I think it's to do with that a lot of his competition seem to be floundering, while Boris marches forward. For me he has put quite a gap between himself and former competitors the last few years.
                              "It's hard to tell the real people from those who pretend. These days I've got more shoes than I've got real friends."

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

What ostensibly direct competition he does have is nowhere near his level of construction quality (on average) with maybe one or two exceptions. I would love to know what the revenue and margins are like over there.

The prices I think are actually somewhat sane as, for example, mainline Rick approaches similar price points as it approaches similar levels of quality. And the exclusivity of not putting items on deep sale makes them reasonably priced in the secondhand market, at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎