Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

Quote Originally Posted by blackfedora View Post
    I wish I could remember what video I saw it in...it wasn't private of anything like that. Looked around for an hour on the web last night and came up with nothing to show. There was not a great deal of detail, but I can recall for the most part what occurred: 'Boris has a pair of old P13's laid out flat and he quickly applies a semi-viscous black liquid from a paint tray using a regular looking paint roller to a quarter of the jeans. The pants were then quick pressed in an industrial press, with steam or a little smoke being emitted.' That is all that I remember it being with not much explanation of the process (for good reason). If I ever do come across it again, of course I will post it.
    Came acorss it just now accidentally

https://vimeo.com/51621462

Anyone know if 11 footwear have hit stores yet? I understand they were shipping quite later than other items. Serpentine in Toronto assures me they'll post about it once they land, but the timing seems vague.

Couple of styles recently gone up on Vertice London site , maybe worth a �� also been up on Ink , Hong Kong for a while !

Dear people of this dormant thread,
    I feel as if the build quality of FW18 pieces is the best it's been since years. Especially regarding construction and cut. After 4 years I finally caved in to the infamous J2 and have to say, this year's iteration is by far the best I ever tried on fit-wise. Also true for the Suit1 jacket, I reckon.
    Anyone picked up pieces from FW yet that'd like to share?

Default Collar1 chain trouble

Has anybody in here had problems with the collar1 necklace?
    From what I've seen BBS replaced the original design this season with a more open link design. I've blown through two chains now (both simply seperated at seemingly random spots) and am fed up with replacing it. Don't really like the new design judging by the pics from bbsny tbh. Naybody else had these problems with their chain?

Hi fellow BBS lovers,

I have a problem that a shoe-repairing service struggled to solve, so I decided to seek for help here.

One of my bamba1 sneakers (which are fairly new - purchased about 5 months ago, but worn quite rarely) started to make a strange squeaky, craunch-like sound while I walk, which appears to come somewhere from inside the sole. My friend has exact same problem with his older bamba1 from previous collection.

This is extremely irritating, as it sounds especially loud when sneakers are worn in a quiet place - e.g, in the office environment - where I love to wear them. Any chance anybody knows how to solve it?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
    Hi fellow BBS lovers,

I have a problem that a shoe-repairing service struggled to solve, so I decided to seek for help here.

One of my bamba1 sneakers (which are fairly new - purchased about 5 months ago, but worn quite rarely) started to make a strange squeaky, craunch-like sound while I walk, which appears to come somewhere from inside the sole. My friend has exact same problem with his older bamba1 from previous collection.

This is extremely irritating, as it sounds especially loud when sneakers are worn in a quiet place - e.g, in the office environment - where I love to wear them. Any chance anybody knows how to solve it?

Regards.
    Hey man,
    I know how you feel, I got the same problem with my bambas !! it was suuuuuper annoying , super loud squeaking that started all of a sudden on the right foot after 5-6 months of wear.... and extra annoying considering the price of these (I own 3 pairs of bambas, that one was the only pair I had paid full retail, so it was even more upsetting).
    but I happily manage to solve it.

May i Know what season are they from ? maybe there was some sort of flaw on a particular seasons or something.
    Mine are from ss17, this exact pair: https://elixirgallery.com/item/1493/...r-in-dark-grey (which is incorrectly listed as horse leather, but is in fact kangaroo).

The solution was contacting directly BBS atelier at Barcelona, and ask for help. They offered to repair the bambas for free, the only thing that was at my expense was the shipping cost (shipping in and shipping back to me). An easy solution for me since I live in Paris, and shipping from Paris to Barcelona is not a big deal (shipping to them was cheap bc I used regular mail with tracking, shipping back to me was expensive because they use express overnight fedex, but you can still arrange for cheaper shipping options if you want).

What they did was to change the whole sole, as it seems the squeaking sound might be a defect inside of the sole (air trapped inside, two parts rubbing against each other, who knows...?). For that reason they asked me to send both feet (left foot was perfect, no problem with it, but tehey still asked me to send it). They changed the whole gum sole and the gum parts that are glued on top of the shoe. The end result is getting what feels like a new pair of bambas, the downside of it is that the color of the sole is not the same as it initially was, because artisanal treatment etc etc. Mine were a very dirty white with blue/grey coating, now they are extremely white / dirty white.

You can check pics from before and after on my IG: the_missingwords

In case you live in North America, maybe contacting BBS New York can be a solution.... ?

hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
    Hey man,
    I know how you feel, I got the same problem with my bambas !! it was suuuuuper annoying , super loud squeaking that started all of a sudden on the right foot after 5-6 months of wear.... and extra annoying considering the price of these (I own 3 pairs of bambas, that one was the only pair I had paid full retail, so it was even more upsetting).
    but I happily manage to solve it.

May i Know what season are they from ? maybe there was some sort of flaw on a particular seasons or something.
    Mine are from ss17, this exact pair: https://elixirgallery.com/item/1493/...r-in-dark-grey (which is incorrectly listed as horse leather, but is in fact kangaroo).

The solution was contacting directly BBS atelier at Barcelona, and ask for help. They offered to repair the bambas for free, the only thing that was at my expense was the shipping cost (shipping in and shipping back to me). An easy solution for me since I live in Paris, and shipping from Paris to Barcelona is not a big deal (shipping to them was cheap bc I used regular mail with tracking, shipping back to me was expensive because they use express overnight fedex, but you can still arrange for cheaper shipping options if you want).

What they did was to change the whole sole, as it seems the squeaking sound might be a defect inside of the sole (air trapped inside, two parts rubbing against each other, who knows...?). For that reason they asked me to send both feet (left foot was perfect, no problem with it, but tehey still asked me to send it). They changed the whole gum sole and the gum parts that are glued on top of the shoe. The end result is getting what feels like a new pair of bambas, the downside of it is that the color of the sole is not the same as it initially was, because artisanal treatment etc etc. Mine were a very dirty white with blue/grey coating, now they are extremely white / dirty white.

You can check pics from before and after on my IG: the_missingwords

In case you live in North America, maybe contacting BBS New York can be a solution.... ?

hope it helps!
    Had the same experience with my SS17 Bamba1 F2522M: will write the whole story asap.

Hi guys,

Thanks for fast response - did not expect this given the slow-flowing nature of this thread.

Nomadic Planet, thanks for a detailed solution. I believe my friend's Bambas come from exact same season as yours, the only difference is them being black. Mine are black from the previous season - look like these (https://www.antonioli.eu/it/IT/men/p...baif2504-black), but with distressed sole color.

Based on your description, we have an exact same problem. Unfortunately, looks like this is an ongoing problem, as today I was talking to a local store SA and he confirmed that he have heard the complaints from other customers as well (by the way, the problem boot is the right one for me as well - would be funny if it's not a coincidence). I live in Moscow, so while shipping is not expensive, it comes with a lot of hassle. Will think about what should I do - probably will try to visit local high-end shoe atelier to check if they can solve it.

Regards.

and hence bbs footwear is dropping in value like crazy, cant even sell bamabs within the last few seasons for over $300 i see shit sitting for less than $200 in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by upsilonkng View Post
    and hence bbs footwear is dropping in value like crazy, cant even sell bamabs within the last few seasons for over $300 i see shit sitting for less than $200 in good condition.
    For me it's more because the shapes just don't change nowadays, as with J2 TS1 etc

AW18 squeeks as well, hence i got rid of them after a few weeks of wearing,

$200-300 sounds like a snap purchase for an excellent condition ones for me.

They definitely are not worth full retail price, though (as if anything is).

Quote Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
    Hi fellow BBS lovers,

Regards.
    My experience ->

August 2017 I bought SS17 Bamba1 F2522M.
    February 2018, they started to "squeak": I find this quite annoing, but didn't pay that much attention
    April 2018, I notice that -during walking- heel seems like "deflated" so I took a closer look and see that 2 damages occured at sole:
    1- on the heel (left shoe), the rubber sole started to unstick, but it was a light problem so I wasn't too worried;
    2- below the rubber sole, (the polyurethane) EDIT: THE CORK in the sole started to crumble: initially, I didn't realize that because the shoe doesn't show any problem, but...
    ...but after some time, the rubber sole definitly unsticked on the heel and a consistent portion of crumbled CORK came out of the shoes.

After some weeks, a consistent part of the sole (left shoes, on the heel) was "empty".

I send the shoes back to BBS in June 2018 (via PNP) and they make a light repairment: they glued heel and sole and repair the inner sole (put some unidentified plastic material instead of cork), but didn't replace the sole.

After some months, the squeak has returned, the rubber sole unsticked again and the sole crumbled. Write again to BBS, PNP and everyone else, send the shoe back to PNP, but no repair was done.

To make a long story short: I'm still wearing that shoes, but sole squeaks and the heel/cork still crumbles, so I don't wear them for long march.
    My cobbler told me he could replace the portion of CORK which came out with some poly material and glue the sole, but even this reparation wouldn't last long.
    Leather and treatment is still strong, but sole really sucks.

Check gallery --> https://postimg.cc/gallery/28kw7a396/

EDIT: original inside sole is made of cork, not poly
    Last edited by jap808; 05-06-2019 at 04:54 AM.

I believe they state that the filler inside the sole is cork.

All this sucks!! kinda hard to believe such expensive kicks are having these issues. I've always heard bambas were not super good quality (since around 2010-2012) but then I kinda noticed with the evolution in design the soles got thicker and seemed sturdier... I have 2 pairs from circa 2016 and they are both without any kinda of flaw (altho one is not super comfortable to wear)....

I have to say that knowing that the sole is the weak part of these, I've always added a vibram sole since day 1 to my bambas (except the one that got the issue, but I will def have an extra sole added now that I've had them repaired).

so all this kinda pushes me to stay away from Boris kicks from now on, which is kinda sad bc they do look damn good and the leathers and color treatments are fuckin gorgeous. Still struggling with the idea to retreat to the BBSxSalomon collaboration, altho color treatments and designs are amazing, they always lose when comparing nylon and synthetic fibers with amazing leathers... I'm also kinda tired by the sizing irregularities in mainline bambas which render them always an uncertain purchase in terms of comfort...

are the salomon ones really comfy ? is sizing consistent?

and what about BOOT1 and BBS derbies? anyone with experience in terms of comfort or quality?

most desirable models in most sought after size (43) always fly for around 400$ at Grailed.... which remains an impressive performance given the lamentable state of the resell market nowadays where nothing sells and prices just keep dropping.... great time to be alive when one is buyer, suck to be seller....

all this issues kinda Re-valorize Rick sneakers for me.... besides all the shit Geos have been given around here, they still rock in terms of quality, sizing consistency thru seasons, more than decent comfort (for a pair of non-nike-adidas-synthetic kicks)...

are the salomon ones really comfy ? is sizing consistent?
    Yes, they are. But they're just Salomon shoes. Not worth the money. I got a pair, close to the normal salomon retail. Otherwise, i would have not bought them.

and what about BOOT1 and BBS derbies? anyone with experience in terms of comfort or quality?
    i got BBS boots and creepers (boot1. boot3) from AW17-18, except for the price everything is good

be vary that they stretch out so maybe size down?
    Last edited by Monoral; 05-06-2019 at 02:28 AM.