Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

^ Agreed. Barely use it more than a month later... still nice tho
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• DNHT
      • Dec 2015

Anyone else notice an uncanny similarity between this and Escentric Molecules? I was really hoping for something very 'BBS', but it smelled like more of the same from Geza Schoen to me. I guess I imagined a BBS version of Mad et Len's Black Afghan...

Comment

• steezemachine
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by DNHT View Post
        Anyone else notice an uncanny similarity between this and Escentric Molecules? I was really hoping for something very 'BBS', but it smelled like more of the same from Geza Schoen to me. I guess I imagined a BBS version of Mad et Len's Black Afghan...
        As Faust wrote in the sz-mag article, Boris wore Escentric for years which naturally lead to choosing Schoen to create the fragrance.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Boris Bidjan Saberi perfume launch at Project 3.14 in Moscow

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2016/11/...-project-3-14/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

trippy to see bbs in the outfit ive been wearing most commmonly recently, J1 under a parka2 , does this mean I am intuitively doing it right?
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

^
              Yes!

Comment

• Usul
                • Jan 2013

Guys, can anyone tell what kind of finish is this?

http://i.imgur.com/rtHHDL7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3x1uP2d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IZH7aSv.jpg

Looks like vinyl treatment, but it's too matte. Maybe it has faded from time?
                Last edited by Usul; 12-02-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Usul View Post
                  Guys, can anyone tell what kind of finish is this?

http://i.imgur.com/rtHHDL7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3x1uP2d.jpg

Looks like vinyl treatment, but it's too matte. Maybe it has faded from time?
                  This is a polyurethane (I believe) type finish that was used on FW11 (pictured in link) and SS12 P13 jeans (which I have). Is was applied with a big paint roller and then set into the fabric with a heated(?) press of sorts (saw it in a vid one time). It is matte and remains that way over time; it's not really raised at all, but it is apparent to the touch; not stiff and about as pliable as the fabric that it is applied on.

Comment

• Usul
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                    This is a polyurethane (I believe) type finish that was used on FW11 (pictured in link) and SS12 P13 jeans (which I have). Is was applied with a big paint roller and then set into the fabric with a heated(?) press of sorts (saw it in a vid one time). It is matte and remains that way over time; it's not really raised at all, but it is apparent to the touch; not stiff and about as pliable as the fabric that it is applied on.
                    I found more detailed photos. It's a P13 hand stitched pants.

http://i.imgur.com/IZH7aSv.jpg

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                      • Oct 2015

BBSNY has testers for sale.

Comment

• 13we2
                        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                        ... with a heated(?) press of sorts (saw it in a vid one time).
                        Can you post the video here? Was it a private video or YouTube video? Interested to see how the process is done! Yes I've heard it is heated over 130℃ or something like that. Thanks for the information!

Comment

• blackfedora
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                          Can you post the video here? Was it a private video or YouTube video? Interested to see how the process is done! Yes I've heard it is heated over 130℃ or something like that. Thanks for the information!
                          I wish I could remember what video I saw it in...it wasn't private of anything like that. Looked around for an hour on the web last night and came up with nothing to show. There was not a great deal of detail, but I can recall for the most part what occurred: 'Boris has a pair of old P13's laid out flat and he quickly applies a semi-viscous black liquid from a paint tray using a regular looking paint roller to a quarter of the jeans. The pants were then quick pressed in an industrial press, with steam or a little smoke being emitted.' That is all that I remember it being with not much explanation of the process (for good reason). If I ever do come across it again, of course I will post it.

Comment

• 13we2
                            • Sep 2015

Thank you so much blackfedora! Very informative! I used to try painting my own clean p13s with bee wax, etc to get the irregular patterns, haha of course I didn't have Boris' equipment so the pants turned out to be literally dirty and sick... I wanted to know what exactly they meant by "vinyl" on the pants' tags, is it a resin/plastic like polystyrene?

Comment

• Kuat
                              • Nov 2012

I finally got a bottle delivered to my 3rd world hellhole (new shipping regulations suck since you can't ship by air).

Anyway, I don't know who copied who, but the scent is EXACTLY the same between these three fragnances that i got in 2016:

- Boris Bidjan Saberi
                              - Black Afgano by Nasomatto
                              - Notturno by Meo Fusciuni

BBS is on par with Black Afgano, but probably a little bit better than the Notturno (not so strong/pronounced)

Comment

• en0rm
                                • May 2010

are you trying to say that the Black Afgano and the BBS smell the same??

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎