X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falkenauge
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by darkart View Post
    Hey Boris, if you see this post, you gonna read this.
    All big retailers are dropping your orders now. If you still gonna match that BBSNY store's price. All those retailers who rely hugely on web-store will all drop you. Your SS18 was not attractive. I guarantee sales is not gonna be good SS18. A lot of copied stuff from previous seasons. And now, you even canceling orders from retailers? What the hell are you thinking. Too much money to spend. And want to play some m_moria shxt here? I ordered 3 pairs of 11 BBS sneakers from Vertice and they said your lovely team canceled all their All black sneakers and a lot of other stuff too. If that's true. I wish you good luck, you just lose a long time BBS buyer from 2009. Very disappointing with your management of orders. Guarantee not gonna get anything from SS18. Please hug your BBSNY store closely since its gonna kill your business for sure.
    Shit, what happened? Why are they cancelling orders?

Comment

• darkart
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by falkenauge View Post
      Shit, what happened? Why are they cancelling orders?
      Vertice told me they just found out BBS canceled their order of Salomon front zip in all black and some other color ways as well. Together with some item from mainline. Without asking or giving any reason. Fxxk You BBS and all your team members.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Vertice told me they just found out BBS canceled their order of Salomon front zip in all black and some other color ways as well. Together with some item from mainline. Without asking or giving any reason. Fxxk You BBS and all your team members.
        I'm sure there is a reason. Your hostility towards a brand just because you can't get some sneakers is weird.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkart
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I'm sure there is a reason. Your hostility towards a brand just because you can't get some sneakers is weird.
          Faust,
          I am a long time buyer of Boris since their first season. Therefore I keep up with news of the designer and stores relationships. I am a non EU customer, therefore when i purchase item from an EU store. Rationally, VAT will be removed. But retailers told me since BBSNY depend hugely on their web-store which is in US, their price is significantly higher than all EU stores. And BBSNY thinks it is unfair to them. Somehow Boris think all the stores should follow BBSNY price if its non-EU. Therefore we non-EU customers can't enjoy the price without VAT. Retailers from EU and other countries who rely hugely on their web-store suffer from this. Non-EU customers stop buying because of the overpricing of BBS(even non-EU price). We just dont understand, not until I go to a store and ask. Big retailers drop them or reduce their order therefore.
          I ordered 3 sneakers from Vertice not just for myself but also for my friends. They will be so disappointed . Thanks you BBS for making a mess.
          Faust, why dont you put your feet in my shoes and think about it yourself. You paid the deposit 6 months ago and got nothing in return. Why dont I invest the money? That's complete bullshxt. It is like BBS borrows money without paying interest. paying you back in 6 months.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

hey man,

I know youre triggered but just for reference sake, the store Im with at the current moment tripled their order for SS18 because the season was on fire with a bunch of new products. I do not know whats up with vertice but they sort of also failed me this season because they did not order my size for shoes so I kind of understand what you mean, but that is more of a vertice issue than a boris one if you ask me.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Faust,
              I am a long time buyer of Boris since their first season. Therefore I keep up with news of the designer and stores relationships. I am a non EU customer, therefore when i purchase item from an EU store. Rationally, VAT will be removed. But retailers told me since BBSNY depend hugely on their web-store which is in US, their price is significantly higher than all EU stores. And BBSNY thinks it is unfair to them. Somehow Boris think all the stores should follow BBSNY price if its non-EU. Therefore we non-EU customers can't enjoy the price without VAT. Retailers from EU and other countries who rely hugely on their web-store suffer from this. Non-EU customers stop buying because of the overpricing of BBS(even non-EU price). We just dont understand, not until I go to a store and ask. Big retailers drop them or reduce their order therefore.
              I ordered 3 sneakers from Vertice not just for myself but also for my friends. They will be so disappointed . Thanks you BBS for making a mess.
              Faust, why dont you put your feet in my shoes and think about it yourself. You paid the deposit 6 months ago and got nothing in return. Why dont I invest the money? That's complete bullshxt. It is like BBS borrows money without paying interest. paying you back in 6 months.
              Ah, I understand your frustration better if you put down a deposit. Still, I am not sure you are getting a full story. I don't see why BBS would cancel Vertice's order for no reason. Anyway, I think it's a complicated story - people can shop around now all over the globe, so US stores are at a disadvantage on pricing. I hear stories from all directions, and I have the ability to put myself in many shoes and understand the frustration on all sides. That's the nature of the capitalist system if we want to go all the way to the bottom of the thing. Chanel has been normalizing prices across the globe for years now, just to give you one, much bigger example.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkart
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                hey man,

I know youre triggered but just for reference sake, the store Im with at the current moment tripled their order for SS18 because the season was on fire with a bunch of new products. I do not know whats up with vertice but they sort of also failed me this season because they did not order my size for shoes so I kind of understand what you mean, but that is more of a vertice issue than a boris one if you ask me.
                Hello Trigger,
                I meant those retailers who rely hugely on web store, i dont think japanese retailers rely a lot on web stores selling BBS.
                And i meant BBS removed the whole order of sneakers in one particular from vertice. I know vertice suffers as well. Not just sneakers, some other mainline item as well

Comment

• darkart
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Ah, I understand your frustration better if you put down a deposit. Still, I am not sure you are getting a full story. I don't see why BBS would cancel Vertice's order for no reason. Anyway, I think it's a complicated story - people can shop around now all over the globe, so US stores are at a disadvantage on pricing. I hear stories from all directions, and I have the ability to put myself in many shoes and understand the frustration on all sides. That's the nature of the capitalist system if we want to go all the way to the bottom of the thing. Chanel has been normalizing prices across the globe for years now, just to give you one, much bigger example.
                  Faust,
                  Thats not complicated story at all. For your info, spy emails were sent to my local retailer store. They ask for price of BBS item, if they got any discount,etc. And a week later, my local retailer got a warning email from BBS team. Apart from this, BBSNY intentionally asked visitors(multiple) from my country, what price range or discounts their local store, which is my local retailers were giving them. Stores avoid to put non eu price on websites.

Comment

• barryooi
                    • Jan 2017

Faust,
                    Thats not complicated story at all. For your info, spy emails were sent to my local retailer store. They ask for price of BBS item, if they got any discount,etc. And a week later, my local retailer got a warning email from BBS team. Apart from this, BBSNY intentionally asked visitors(multiple) from my country, what price range or discounts their local store, which is my local retailers were giving them. Stores avoid to put non eu price on websites.
                    The whole thing sounds weird, but I've heard grumblings from Ink even from a couple years ago about BBS, though most of the time I just hear people grumble about mainline. 11 seems to be doing ok in terms of stockists, but mainline has so few stockists around the world. I'm visiting L'armoire soon, I'm curious if they have any stories too!

BTW, can someone explain what happens to unsold inventory if a brand dictates the price? Can the store not reduce prices at all? Seems a bit unfair if they take the risk of inventory but can't control their prices.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                      • Oct 2015

/\ BBS seems to be inconsistent with the sale price topic. Some retailers aren't allowed to go over 20% off and some retailers will tell you that BBS doesn't go on sale at all. I believe the the 20% off may be the most accurate answer because thats what BBSNY adheres to.
                      I contacted a store that had some merch from 4-5 seasons ago and it was still full priced.
                      I emailed to see if it was going on sale and they said they are not allowed to put BBS on sale. I don't think it would be the decision of the retailer to let merchandise just sit for 2-3 years, gathering dust, without putting it on sale. I only assume its written in a contract that they are no allowed to discount the brand.

Comment

• Jeroenr
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
                        /\ BBS seems to be inconsistent with the sale price topic. Some retailers aren't allowed to go over 20% off and some retailers will tell you that BBS doesn't go on sale at all. I believe the the 20% off may be the most accurate answer because thats what BBSNY adheres to.
                        I contacted a store that had some merch from 4-5 seasons ago and it was still full priced.
                        I emailed to see if it was going on sale and they said they are not allowed to put BBS on sale. I don't think it would be the decision of the retailer to let merchandise just sit for 2-3 years, gathering dust, without putting it on sale. I only assume its written in a contract that they are no allowed to discount the brand.
                        Darklands/ nagnagnagshop has a 30% off on BBS. And they're having a special 10% off right now. So thats a total of 40%.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                          • Oct 2015

/\ Yes, you are right. Maybe theres a reason that NagNag is presented as a completely different platform than DL. In other words... Its a different store. Lets say DL has a retailer contract with BBS. Obviously items that fail to sale @ DL after 3-4 seasons are removed from DL webstore and physical location. The items would then be sold on Nag nag which is presented as a separate entity.
                          BBSNY does do 30% after 2 seasons have past. For example the current season is FW 17 so SS16 items would be 30% off at this time.
                          HL has items from ages ago but it never goes on sale. Project 3.14 are currently selling archive items @ full price.

Comment

• barryooi
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
                            /\ Yes, you are right. Maybe theres a reason that NagNag is presented as a completely different platform than DL. In other words... Its a different store. Lets say DL has a retailer contract with BBS. Obviously items that fail to sale @ DL after 3-4 seasons are removed from DL webstore and physical location. The items would then be sold on Nag nag which is presented as a separate entity.
                            BBSNY does do 30% after 2 seasons have past. For example the current season is FW 17 so SS16 items would be 30% off at this time.
                            HL has items from ages ago but it never goes on sale. Project 3.14 are currently selling archive items @ full price.
                            I think the above is only true for stores with online stores, where the prices can easily be checked. I've found BBS at up to 50% off at offline-only stores.

...I guess I found the answer to my question in another thread about why more avant garde stores don't have online stores: because they don't want brands to see them lowering prices! Still seems unfair to me why a retailer should bear all the risk without being allowed much leeway in price. I don't think BBSNY has enough retail strength on its own for the brand to piss off its other retailers.

Comment

• barryooi
                              • Jan 2017

As an aside, have the new "dirty" colourways of the Salomon Bambas dropped anywhere yet? I'm only seeing the clean versions of the black/white/mixed.

Might be a minority opinion, but the Speedcross has grown on me, and they're super comfortable.

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Ssense was even 50% off last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡