X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by barryooi View Post
    As an aside, have the new "dirty" colourways of the Salomon Bambas dropped anywhere yet? I'm only seeing the clean versions of the black/white/mixed.

Might be a minority opinion, but the Speedcross has grown on me, and they're super comfortable.
    I don't think they are doing them this season only bamba 2 (front zip) in dirty unless someone special ordered, same thing for next season just colored jungle ultra (combat) and bamba 2 no speedcross but I would have to double check not sure off the top of my head.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Baddog10
      • Jul 2015

Guys , guys , kool down Antonioli have 11 BBS all blk jungle boot and all blk zip front boot NOW !

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

I think the above is only true for stores with online stores, where the prices can easily be checked. I've found BBS at up to 50% off at offline-only stores
        Me too: some week ago, I get a nice pair of SS17 Bamba at 40% off... off-line, obviously!

Stop e-commerce, let's go back to the store...

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
          Stop e-commerce, let's go back to the store...
          this works, if the store cares to stock something good, but if they have bad buyers then you know you're going to get bad buys. and that is just in general. I think its great they have the seasonal P13 at your XYZ store but I want like P25s man, I am way passed the elementary level. with that being said labels has had really solid buys for these last two collections. I am very fond of their buyer.

edit: what I was trying to say was that not one store can satisfy your need, be it by sold out of your size, or nothing interests you.
          Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 09-26-2017, 04:36 AM.
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• barryooi
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
            I don't think they are doing them this season only bamba 2 (front zip) in dirty unless someone special ordered, same thing for next season just colored jungle ultra (combat) and bamba 2 no speedcross but I would have to double check not sure off the top of my head.
            That's what I meant, I'm looking for the dirty grey Salomon Bambas. I brought up the Speedcross cos I really didn't like the Salomon collab when I first saw it, but they're my go-to sneakers now for how comfy they are, and I expect the same of the Salomon Bambas

Comment

• barryooi
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by newp View Post
              Ssense was even 50% off last season.
              That was only for 11, wasn't it? Mainline maybe got like 20-30%.

Comment

• barryooi
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                this works, if the store cares to stock something good, but if they have bad buyers then you know you're going to get bad buys. and that is just in general. I think its great they have the seasonal P13 at your XYZ store but I want like P25s man, I am way passed the elementary level. with that being said labels has had really solid buys for these last two collections. I am very fond of their buyer.

edit: what I was trying to say was that not one store can satisfy your need, be it by sold out of your size, or nothing interests you.
                I'm with you. I think more stores should have the freedom to control retail prices to go along with the freedom to operate e-commerce stores, so they can reach a wider demand and ensure the viability of both retailers and the brands, but by being forced to limit their reach, they naturally have to play safe with their buys.

Comment

• darkart
                  • Jun 2011

Thats why a lot of retailers start dropping BBS. You only see 11 by BBS all the time.

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

I'm with you. I think more stores should have the freedom to control retail prices to go along with the freedom to operate e-commerce stores, so they can reach a wider demand and ensure the viability of both retailers and the brands, but by being forced to limit their reach, they naturally have to play safe with their buys.
                    Sure, the way stores operate now is disadvantageous for the customer. If retailers could alter list, then that would create even more competition resulting in lower prices. But, the huge profit margin actually helps stores make more adventurous buys, increasing consumer options.

Competitive list prices would shrink that margin and the focus would shift even more to quantity of sales to accommodate. A smaller margin means less flexibility in terms of markdowns, which we're trained to seek out (see JCP, this could even result in fewer sales). As a result, the buys would become boring/predictable because the chances of selling a less 'wearable' piece is much lower.

As it is now, those pieces are worth the risk for bigger stores, because if they sell at full retail its a huge profit. Sometimes there is only one store that buys a specific piece, so whale customers are likely to pay more just to secure it in their size. After they have their go at the stock, the remaining pieces can be gradually marked down reaching different consumer bases, eventually with the goal of simply recouping funds to invest in the next season's buy.

The whales will obviously still buy with smaller margins and less significant markdowns, but a lot of other customers will not. The risk is higher for less reward. Why buy 1x which has a 33% chance of selling when you can buy 3y (when 3y = x) that has a 100% chance of selling for the same profit.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Speaking from the perspective of a past BBS fanatic, I can appreciate what Darkart is saying here.

BBS buys seem to be static as hell, now more than ever -- maybe more of a retailer issue but then, wouldn't that signify Boris' more recent forays are not as appealing?

All I'm saying is that for someone that wants to invest in the brand, there's not really much to go for after buying from a few seasons -- same button downs, same jackets, same pants every collection. Really the only distinguishing factor from season to season (presently) is the changing up of the primary colour (or two), or the finish on the P13's.

Would really like to experience the diversity in offering we saw from FW14 - SS15 again...

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                        wouldn't that signify Boris' more recent forays are not as appealing?

All I'm saying is that for someone that wants to invest in the brand, there's not really much to go for after buying from a few seasons -- same button downs, same jackets, same pants every collection. Really the only distinguishing factor from season to season (presently) is the changing up of the primary colour (or two), or the finish on the P13's.

Would really like to experience the diversity in offering we saw from FW14 - SS15 again...
                        Complain to the stores, bbs puts out around 500-700 samples a season, it's not their fault the stores buy super safe in a depression-liteā„¢ economy.

You're literally complaining about stores so take that up with them, what doesn't get purchased doesn't get produced.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Agreed, it's a delicate dance. The stores will complain that their customers will want to play it safe, so they have to buy safe. Like I said, I get to hear it from all corners of fashion, everyone has issues.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nyarkies
                            • Feb 2012

Then maybe Boris (and Rick) should stop making the usual pieces (J2, J1, p13, etc) available for the stores to buy? Shouldn't that encourage stores' buys have more variety and be interesting? I know these items tend to pay the bill but I think as it keeps going, it just ends up becoming stale like M.A.+, LUC, etc.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
                              Then maybe Boris (and Rick) should stop making the usual pieces (J2, J1, p13, etc) available for the stores to buy? Shouldn't that encourage stores' buys have more variety and be interesting? I know these items tend to pay the bill but I think as it keeps going, it just ends up becoming stale like M.A.+, LUC, etc.
                              well that works, but not everyone has a J1, J2, P13, and some people actually want this, and the patterns and/or methods of construction have changed over time.

Comment

• nyarkies
                                • Feb 2012

It’s true that not everybody that wants it has it. But is that the goal? For anybody that wants it to eventually get it? If that piece is available for that season only, I think it becomes a more coveted piece to those that are drawn to it. It can possibly encourage that person to be a bit more careful with his/her purchases. Does this person see this piece as something to be cherished, worn for a long time and how does it fit with the current wardrobe/style?

I understand patterns get updated. So why not make something available for 2 to 3 seasons then if it needs any update or pattern change, do it after a few seasons have passed and offer it for a limited time again. Maybe it can also push the designer to create something else that fills that need for a piece which can be easily worn and can be considered a safe buy for retailers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎