Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

No Use for a Name?!?

Quote Originally Posted by phiman View Post
    has anybody actually ever seen pictures of Boris' U CAN FUCK W accessories collection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    You can see a couple of pieces in our shoot, but vaguely.
    I think he means Boris' old line which he did before his namesake label. I've never seen anything about it myself, I think it was pretty small and hasn't really been documented online to my knowledge.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Oh, ok. No idea then.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by electricgecko View Post
    nice. will have to pick up that issue. thank you, looking forward to read it.
    Have read that article by move_ment 👍 and if there's no rules against it, I could scan that for sz.

Is there a place online where the new Boris book can be purchased?

It's not out yet officially. You will know when we will know.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

It's much simpler than your conspiracy theories

There was once an art/fashion professor at a university and he happened to find a lot of meaning in BBS work, and being who he is, where he is, he had the ability to publish a book. Presto.

And the book IS nice. It's much better than, say, a Rodarte book which they didn't even have enough of an oeuvre to fill.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

hope he will share the process of making the garment; dyeing/treatment.
    Focusing on object details

wow...never seen those before. looks good.

That was the first showing of his eponymous line, in Barcelona, I think.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

^ Looks great, now I can understand his love for perforated stuff

Faust or anyone from the team, are there any fresh news about the 11 line?
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

What do you want to know?

I wasn't crazy about it - nothing that made them particularly special. I think the line (well, it's really a capsule) will need a bit of work to make it stand out and demand the audience's attention the way Silent and Drkshdw have done.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    What do you want to know?

I wasn't crazy about it - nothing that made them particularly special. I think the line (well, it's really a capsule) will need a bit of work to make it stand out and demand the audience's attention the way Silent and Drkshdw have done.
    Thanks for the heads-up, I appreciate it.
    On top of that I would like to know when exactly it will be made available, if of course you have this information and you are able to reveal it.

it was presented simultaneously with the fw13 collection, so I would imagine it to be roughly the same time, which is summer / early fall.

its definitely a very different concept, more so than I imagined. pretty simple jeans, print t-shirts and jerseys, a couple of outerwear pieces (street/techwear oriented) and so on. aimed at a more younger crowd for sure.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

^ Thanks for the feedback L

To be honest I can't wait for this capsule to become available cause judging by his influences I am sure that his street-wear output is going to be great at some point (maybe not at his first attempt). He does have the right basis for such a line.

still trapped in my juvenile state

Does anyone know if BBS footwear are outsourced or made by his team? If it matters, I'm referring to current season.

Quote Originally Posted by gnow View Post
    Does anyone know if BBS footwear are outsourced or made by his team? If it matters, I'm referring to current season.
    Short of a shoe-brand like Augusta (and even then I'm not sure), I don't think many places at all do their footwear in house. Even CCP outsources and just does some of the post-treatments in house. The actual construction is done elsewhere.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Short of a shoe-brand like Augusta (and even then I'm not sure), I don't think many places at all do their footwear in house. Even CCP outsources and just does some of the post-treatments in house. The actual construction is done elsewhere.
    there was an interview with simone where he states that he makes the boots by hand but i suspect there is a team in a workshop with him.

Seems like most of the shops have their BBS collections in... still haven't seen the elusive 11.
    Anyone have any info?