Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

Perhaps someone could elaborate upon this, as it seems to be part of the 11 collection, as the piece is titled so. Here is a link to the piece - a vinyl coated reversed leather jacket with a detachable hood (the second piece down) - http://www.darklandsberlin.com/site/...-saberi/page/4

If truly part of the 11 collection, the price seems to be homologous to other BBS pieces. Thanks in advance.

pretty sure that jacket is from the regular collection, FW12 I think. Not sure why its labeled as "11", but its not part of the 11 line.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

I think there has been some confusion around the labeling. There was also a blazer that had an interesting coating that had an extra tag in it. That is what got me interested that it could be more than a diffusion line.

Since then, I've only seen what seems to be similar designs with less interesting fabrics and the addition of a logo in certain cases. So, Ian+, no, I am not at all excited to see this. More afraid then anything.

The "eleven" name has been applied to certain pieces in past collections as early as AW10/11. The transparent leather pieces from SS11, the vinyl-coated blazers and Military 30-series parka from AW12, etc. were marked with the name "Eleven." However, I don't think they were part of a separate collection per se. In my understanding there was no real distinction at the time between special pieces which bore the name "Eleven" and the "mainline." As I saw it, previous items marked as "Eleven" were more experimental. While they may have had a similar name to the upcoming capsule/diffusion line "11," I think they're quite different in spirit. The new "11" line is a separate collection, and it has more of a functional/street/tech feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Since then, I've only seen what seems to be similar designs with less interesting fabrics and the addition of a logo in certain cases. So, Ian+, no, I am not at all excited to see this. More afraid then anything.
    Afraid of what?
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    pretty sure that jacket is from the regular collection, FW12 I think. Not sure why its labeled as "11", but its not part of the 11 line.
    This was part of a limited edition line within the main collection. there were 11 different pieces, including this vinyl coated leather jacket. these items were generally higher priced than the rest of the collection and were, for the most part, more laborious to produce. they have no association with any diffusion line

Quote Originally Posted by ian+ View Post
    Afraid of what?
    The watered down version of Boris you seem to be excited for....

I am excited to see it (for reasons mentioned before), never said I will be excited about the result.
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Quote Originally Posted by Venus in Furs View Post
    This was part of a limited edition line within the main collection. there were 11 different pieces, including this vinyl coated leather jacket. these items were generally higher priced than the rest of the collection and were, for the most part, more laborious to produce. they have no association with any diffusion line
    Thats right, I had forgotten about that.. the specials were shown amidst the regular collection, so I suppose the labelling was just to distuinqish them as more experimental.

I don't know how much of it you've seen, but I wouldn't really call it a version of his mainline, its different stuff for a different market, for the most part perfectly distinquishable from BBS.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    I don't know how much of it you've seen, but I wouldn't really call it a version of his mainline, its different stuff for a different market, for the most part perfectly distinquishable from BBS.
    I'm not at all considering it part of the mainline. That's why I referenced it as a diffusion line earlier. I can see based on how I phrased that comment it may have appeared otherwise.

Hell I could be completely wrong about it. Although, from what I've seen, I don't believe so. Either way, I've handled some solid stuff from Spring and F/W looks even better. So, I'm sure there will be plenty of good BBS pieces regardless.

Well from what I heard, it won't be anywhere near the diffusion line that drkshdw is to mainline ro in that it's similar designs, just in different/cheaper fabrics. It probably won't be coming out of bbs's atelier in Barcelona either...

P.s: those vinylcoated jackets are incredible and really need to be handled in person!

Default BBS Book

The book is now available, a certain person had a hand in it. Can you comment on the content, please?!

^ Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the timing of the release of this monograph, which some here have noted as being early, deliberately chosen to coincide with the showing of Boris' 11th collection?

Anyway, the book seems to be available on Amazon, and might have been for a while as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lost53 View Post
    The book is now available, a certain person had a hand in it. Can you comment on the content, please?!
    I will, soon. Where have you seen it? I only see one copy on Amazon. I don't think it's supposed to be out yet, but I will ask.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

it's in stock on amazon.it with immediate delivery.

Indeed it was on amazon, as it was there i just assumed it was released.

Thanks, look forward to the insight.

Many of the shops I've spoken to about the 11 line have passed on it. A lot of the buyers were not impressed with the quality or aesthetic of the brand. Personally i'm excited for it, mainly because it looks casual and easy to wear. I'm guessing the 11 line will mainly be available at urban outfitter type shops like ASOS as well as more street friendly shops like OKI NI and UNION.

There are a handful of non final editions of the book floating around, I've seen one at a store - from what I've seen it looks great. I understand the release will coordinate with FW hitting stores

His 11 line is not an approach at making his brand more affordable to the masses, Unlike silent and drkshdw. And I also dont think ASOS and urbanoutfitters is the kind of store he wants to ever be associated with BBS.

Just wanted to give you all heads up - I am working with the publisher of the Boris Bidjan Saberi book to get two dozen copies exclusively for forum members. I don't know yet what the retail price will be as they have to be shipped from Italy to New York, but as soon as I know, I will do a roll call to see who is interested.

It would be nice to get pre-orders so I know if I need to order more than 24 copies.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine