Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Just wanted to give you all heads up - I am working with the publisher of the Boris Bidjan Saberi book to get two dozen copies exclusively for forum members. I don't know yet what the retail price will be as they have to be shipped from Italy to New York, but as soon as I know, I will do a roll call to see who is interested.

It would be nice to get pre-orders so I know if I need to order more than 24 copies.
    I'm in for one

Do we express our interest here? If so I'm down for one.

Let me sort out the pricing first and then I will take a roll call. Standby.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

wish the book would contain a little bit more text, but apart from that its very nice made, basically kind of a retrospective catalogue with many runway and lookbook pics. seeing these images well printed and in much better resolution than the versions floating around in the interweb brings out the textures and details on a much much higher level.... very enjoyable

I started reading the text and thought it was great that there were like 20 pages at least, but then I realized it was both in italian and english. Still I nice read so far. Im kinda taking my time with it. And the photos Ive browsed show a lot of detail like you said and look amazing.

So I managed to scan a bunch of pages. Would it be ok if I posted them here?
    Last edited by Resonkuken; 04-25-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Hello all,

I finally got the price, including Priority Mail shipping overseas and Media Mail shipping in the US.

$75 US
    $95 Canada
    $105 World

Please P.M. me if you would like to preorder a copy. Once I have an approximate number of preorders, I will know how many copies to order.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Everyone who has replied so far is on the list. Don't worry if I don't get back to you. When I have the books you will know!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Just received my copy from Amazon, the book is great. The close-up pics and pics from the processing and treatments of the garments.
    I just noticed a little mistake, it says Net3x3 is SS07 while it's SS08 (his firts collection). But nothing big.

BBS 11 collection is up on Antonioli.

Thanks, man.

Pretty much what youd expect from a diffusion line. Basics like tees and zip/hoodies, sweaters, backpacks, an array of trousers... Im thinking of pre-ordering the big backpack or maybe one of the zipped hoodies.

With each passing day I become more and more skeptical of BBS. I have a couple items that I love but I find it a bit early in the game for him to be publishing a retrospective book (or whatever you want to call it) and releasing this 11 line (be it diffusion or what).

The collection as presented on Antonioli is uninspired and possibly something quite worse. Whatever the intentions or reasons are the end result appears quite poor.

The 11 black and white tee is quite nice !

Quote Originally Posted by gavagai View Post
    With each passing day I become more and more skeptical of BBS. I have a couple items that I love but I find it a bit early in the game for him to be publishing a retrospective book (or whatever you want to call it) and releasing this 11 line (be it diffusion or what).
    nothing to be skeptical about really. fwiw damir debuted the same season and launched silent much earlier in comparison; if anything i'd guess boris is probably working on a really similar business model?

how long was rick in business before releasing slab? i recall it was a similar amount of time. i'm personally not a fan of 11 from what i've seen thus far, but it appears to be no worse than drkshdw.

"nothing to be skeptical about really. fwiw damir debuted the same season and launched silent much earlier in comparison; if anything i'd guess boris is probably working on a really similar business model?"
    If the model is to sell imitations at prices that aren't much cheaper than your mainline but look poor and constructed from cheaper fabrics I say boo. Honestly, outside of the extravagant coats/jackets most of BBS' best pieces are the basics. To take these and create something lesser at 70% of the price is just a waste if the output is shit. I'm ok with artistic failure - creating interesting/challenging pieces some of which work and some don't but failing at basics is just wrong.
    "how long was rick in business before releasing slab? i recall it was a similar amount of time.i'm personally not a fan of 11 from what i've seen thus far, but it appears to be no worse than drkshdw."
    It isn't really about "time" as a stagnant object. It is about spreading yourself too thin too quick. Rick has the artistic ability to have legitimate runway shows while continuing to produce for his mainline and still doing LOTS of incredible pieces released through the DRKSHDW line. Not all designers/artists have the ability to maintain creative excellence while expanding their business this fast.
    A mere three years ago nobody knew who the fuck BBS was outside of a few people on this forum and few retailers and possibly in Germany. Lots of expansion and very rapid. My opinion is that the product is suffering - mainline and whatever this 11 crap is but hey...

Also, while I like some BBS stuff comparing the monstrosity of 11 to DRKSHDW is just preposterous. Large parts of the DRKSHDW collection are more interesting than half the new stuff people seem to hype.

If the model is to sell imitations at prices that aren't much cheaper than your mainline but look poor and constructed from cheaper fabrics I say boo.
    its absolutely fine if you don't like it for what it is., but I'd reccomend reading a bit about the line to see what it really is about. its been discussed countless times in this thread as well.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

The collection as presented on Antonioli is uninspired and possibly something quite worse. Whatever the intentions or reasons are the end result appears quite poor.
    He did not seek to have a book published. It as an opportunity that was offered to him. This, too, has been discussed, just like the 11 line ethos. Obviously, your judgements are uninformed. (I am not a fan of 11 either, but I get the idea)

I happen to think that BBS right now is doing the best hardcore shit out there in terms of cuts, materials, construction and aesthetic when styled right.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

certainly. seems more rick than rick these days (rick seems more gareth than rick)

agreed...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

I dont get the criticism for the book. Yeah, he hasnt been around for 20 years (yet) but where does it say you have to be for a book a bout your work to come out?? People should just check it out and go through it thoroughly. Its pretty amazing and I loved the whole written intro because it covered his work form an array of aspects.