Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekinerkan
    • Jan 2013

Perhaps someone could elaborate upon this, as it seems to be part of the 11 collection, as the piece is titled so. Here is a link to the piece - a vinyl coated reversed leather jacket with a detachable hood (the second piece down) - http://www.darklandsberlin.com/site/...-saberi/page/4

If truly part of the 11 collection, the price seems to be homologous to other BBS pieces. Thanks in advance.
    “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
    The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
    The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
    That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
    And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
    Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
    Under the noses of the police officers,
    Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
    Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
    That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
    -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

pretty sure that jacket is from the regular collection, FW12 I think. Not sure why its labeled as "11", but its not part of the 11 line.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fenix
        • Aug 2010

I think there has been some confusion around the labeling. There was also a blazer that had an interesting coating that had an extra tag in it. That is what got me interested that it could be more than a diffusion line.

Since then, I've only seen what seems to be similar designs with less interesting fabrics and the addition of a logo in certain cases. So, Ian+, no, I am not at all excited to see this. More afraid then anything.
        Originally posted by hausofblaq
        Grow up.

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

The "eleven" name has been applied to certain pieces in past collections as early as AW10/11. The transparent leather pieces from SS11, the vinyl-coated blazers and Military 30-series parka from AW12, etc. were marked with the name "Eleven." However, I don't think they were part of a separate collection per se. In my understanding there was no real distinction at the time between special pieces which bore the name "Eleven" and the "mainline." As I saw it, previous items marked as "Eleven" were more experimental. While they may have had a similar name to the upcoming capsule/diffusion line "11," I think they're quite different in spirit. The new "11" line is a separate collection, and it has more of a functional/street/tech feel.

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
            Since then, I've only seen what seems to be similar designs with less interesting fabrics and the addition of a logo in certain cases. So, Ian+, no, I am not at all excited to see this. More afraid then anything.
            Afraid of what?
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Venus in Furs
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              pretty sure that jacket is from the regular collection, FW12 I think. Not sure why its labeled as "11", but its not part of the 11 line.
              This was part of a limited edition line within the main collection. there were 11 different pieces, including this vinyl coated leather jacket. these items were generally higher priced than the rest of the collection and were, for the most part, more laborious to produce. they have no association with any diffusion line

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                Afraid of what?
                The watered down version of Boris you seem to be excited for....
                Grow up.

Comment

• ian+
                  • Dec 2011

I am excited to see it (for reasons mentioned before), never said I will be excited about the result.
                  ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                    This was part of a limited edition line within the main collection. there were 11 different pieces, including this vinyl coated leather jacket. these items were generally higher priced than the rest of the collection and were, for the most part, more laborious to produce. they have no association with any diffusion line
                    Thats right, I had forgotten about that.. the specials were shown amidst the regular collection, so I suppose the labelling was just to distuinqish them as more experimental.

I don't know how much of it you've seen, but I wouldn't really call it a version of his mainline, its different stuff for a different market, for the most part perfectly distinquishable from BBS.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fenix
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      I don't know how much of it you've seen, but I wouldn't really call it a version of his mainline, its different stuff for a different market, for the most part perfectly distinquishable from BBS.
                      I'm not at all considering it part of the mainline. That's why I referenced it as a diffusion line earlier. I can see based on how I phrased that comment it may have appeared otherwise.

Hell I could be completely wrong about it. Although, from what I've seen, I don't believe so. Either way, I've handled some solid stuff from Spring and F/W looks even better. So, I'm sure there will be plenty of good BBS pieces regardless.
                      Grow up.

Comment

• partymonster
                        • Jan 2011

Well from what I heard, it won't be anywhere near the diffusion line that drkshdw is to mainline ro in that it's similar designs, just in different/cheaper fabrics. It probably won't be coming out of bbs's atelier in Barcelona either...

P.s: those vinylcoated jackets are incredible and really need to be handled in person!

Comment

• lost53
                          • Dec 2010

BBS Book

The book is now available, a certain person had a hand in it. Can you comment on the content, please?!

Comment

• tenorish
                            • Oct 2011

^ Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the timing of the release of this monograph, which some here have noted as being early, deliberately chosen to coincide with the showing of Boris' 11th collection?

Anyway, the book seems to be available on Amazon, and might have been for a while as well.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                              The book is now available, a certain person had a hand in it. Can you comment on the content, please?!
                              I will, soon. Where have you seen it? I only see one copy on Amazon. I don't think it's supposed to be out yet, but I will ask.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faye
                                • Apr 2009

it's in stock on amazon.it with immediate delivery.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎