Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: StyleZeitgeist Job Board

Default StyleZeitgeist Job Board

Dear members,

We wanted to get your view on a new potential feature on SZ, the job board subforum.

The job board would be a pay-per-post service with reasonable rates for both prospective employers and employees. Given that many industry professionals and university graduates browse SZ (we now get nearly 1.4 million page views a month) and that SZ is a highly specialized and curated place for fashion with a worldwide reach, this seems like a viable marketplace.

Shops could look for new sales people, designers for pattern makers, assistants, interns, show room reps, design companies could look for graphic designers and coders with a fashion aesthetic, media reps could look for photographers, stylists, etc.

A corresponding job seeker board would be established as well where professionals will be able to post links to their resumes and portfolios. Each employer would have access to such a board.

Please let me know your thoughts on whether you would be potentially interested in participating.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Great idea

especially a lot of people would like to post these things but not in an improper space
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Given the income level (and possible background) of many members, jobs in fashion-related legal and financial issues would also be welcome (hopefully to more than just me).
    I am not who you think I am

^ I second this, let's not limit ourselves to the creative side.

^ ive thought about this before, but didnt know if it was encompassed/appropriate

JUST AT THE RIGHT TIMING TOO FAUST :)

I think it could become a destination for a jobs board across the creative industries. I have the impression there are lots of members from a variety of creative/artisanal professions.

I work in advertising but I use the site often for research/inspiration. It's a natural segue. I would pay for it, for sure.

I just pulled my profile from linked in soooo this would be perfect!!!

Great idea. I'd pay as well!

iso: retail position where i don't have to fold clothes or handle customers or really do much of anything
    preferred: large employee allowance

That is a marvelous idea. If i can travel abroad and work, that would be perfect.

dope idea, would definately participate

I support this idea.

Same here, it's an interesting idea for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by mortalveneer View Post
    Given the income level (and possible background) of many members, jobs in fashion-related legal and financial issues would also be welcome (hopefully to more than just me).
    Ditto. Seems a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by christianef View Post
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Great idea!
    Well if SZ could build up this kinda bridge and provide this service, there's also nothing wrong to charge

I also think it is great idea!!!

great idea, i think you should consider it professionals as well to help affiliates and others with e-commerce

I use a pay-per-listing service that is strictly for the arts and culture sector. Museums and galleries rely on it to find interns or entry-level people in a pinch. The response can be so overwhelming that fashion people spill over to find work on this side. I don't mind paying for it as long as I know I'll get a couple hundred resumes in a month.

Should SZ start a jobs board, I suggest not to invite individuals looking for work to post resumes or portfolios. People looking to hire would rather not look for talent this way. Also, stay exclusive to fashion, or jobs related to the fashion industry.

So what's the job market like in fashion these days? Can't be worse than finding work in the arts...
    Last edited by endersgame; 04-08-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersgame View Post
    I use a pay-per-listing service that is strictly for the arts and culture sector. Museums and galleries rely on it to find interns or entry-level people in a pinch. The response can be so overwhelming that fashion people spill over to find work on this side. I don't mind paying for it as long as I know I'll get a couple hundred resumes in a month.

Should SZ start a jobs board, I suggest not to invite individuals looking for work to post resumes or portfolios. People looking to hire would rather not look for talent this way. Also, stay exclusive to fashion, or jobs related to the fashion industry.

So what's the job market like in fashion these days? Can't be worse than finding work in the arts...
    I totally agree. SZ should start a jobs board. I'm always looking to hire freelancers for web and dev projects for the company I work for. I'd love to stay in this community if possible.