• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Rick and Yohji don't advertise.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• forget it
      • Dec 2013

That's what I figured. Hm.

Comment

• jackg
        • Oct 2011

Hi Friends,

I was wondering if you anyone out there could offer me some advice. I have just finished almost 6 years at university, studying marketing (Undergraduate Arts/Marketing and Postgraduate Masters of Advanced Marketing) and am trying to find my feet in the real world.

In the long run I would love to get involved in marketing/communications/branding for a fashion house of some description but I guess that is probably a fair way down the track.

Does anyone have any advice for someone starting out? What sort of experience and knowledge is really valued?

Is it better to get general marketing experience then move into "fashion" related areas or is it best to head straight for "fashion"?

I am currently based in Melbourne and had thought it wise to try and get some general marketing/digital experience then move overseas to a location more conducive to a fashion related role.

FYI – this is my current resume.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Comment

• -Untitled
          • Sep 2013

Your resume is 9 pages long - I have nothing constructive to say as to its contents as I frankly could not be bothered reading it.

A potential employer will likely feel the same.

A recent college graduate = 2 pages max. Closer to 1.

Comment

• jackg
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by -Untitled View Post
            Your resume is 9 pages long - I have nothing constructive to say as to its contents as I frankly could not be bothered reading it.

fair enough. i probably should have been a bit clearer that's more of a master copy that has anything i feel i could include, then when I have been applying i have been tailoring it down to more specific and related experience etc. Figured the full copy would give you guys more insight into my background.

that said the actual copy i send through is almost always longer than 2 pages so that is something i will definitely work on, thank you

Comment

• -Untitled
              • Sep 2013

Aha! That makes sense.

Keep in mind the hiring staff will quite literally have 100+ resumes on their desk.

Keep it short & too the point - not overly detailed as you want to be able to expand verbally on each topic during the interview process.

Also try to find the numerical influence your marketing reports etc had on sales, market share etc. - these catch the skim readers attention.
              "customer segmentation and analysis grew market share 13%" as opposed to "running customer segmentation and analysis".

Comment

• jackg
                • Oct 2011

perfect! thank you kindly -untitled i appreciated your advice.

Comment

• MaxM
                  • Sep 2009

Look into PR?

They used to work for Damir, and now Rick Owens it seems. Plus lots of others as you can see in the list

Originally posted by forget it View Post
                  Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but..

Where should I look for a summer internship in Fashion Advertising in New York? Google reveals some results, obviously, but for example, do brands like Rick Owens or Yohji Yamamoto use advertising agencies, or do they do in-house stuff? Or not at all? A lot of agencies list interesting brands certainly, but I'm not sure where to look to apply for an agency that handles brands like those previously mentioned.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Dreavan
                    • Mar 2012

they don't hire short term period interns at PR Consulting.

Comment

• returningson
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by -Untitled View Post

take it from me. This is a GOLDEN RULE. Recent college grad should be 1, maybe 2 if you have some monumental achievements. A cover letter could be added but be sure to tailor your achievements specifically to the requirements/qualifications of the internship/job posting. Sell yourself.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Looking for contributors to www.sz-mag.com, our magazine's website.
                        Write short/medium size pieces for our blog about fashion, art, books, music, architecture, fragrances, and so on. Please send all inquiries and resumes to write@sz-mag.com
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                          • Oct 2007

Anyone looking to hire a recent FIT graduate? Looking for assistant design/tech design position.

PM me for details and such!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Looking for people with prior fashion job experience for a NYC based luxury womenswear designer that focuses on couture-level construction and a mostly black and white color palette. Heavy use of leather and exotics.

Looking for:

Pattern Maker

Studio Assistant

Fabric Design

Qualified candidates please PM me if interested.
                            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

A prominent New York designer is looking for a sales person to help them during the upcoming fashion season. This is a temp position Sep 1 - Oct 30. Must have a proven track record and a roster of retail accounts. PM me if interested.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anwar
                                • May 2012

Anyone in Los Angeles/OC area hiring? Really might just take about anything at this point. PM me, I have a BA in visual communication, and can send resume.
                                Originally posted by Lendar
                                The price is a bit high, but the leather is very quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎