Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Owens Replica furniture (first attempt)

Default Rick Owens Replica furniture (first attempt)

Hello SZ.Recently i finished rebuilding my own appartment (will post pics soon) and i decided with a friend of mine to make a Rick Owens replica couch/bed with some changes of the original design.We reduced the cost by using different materials (instead of marble/granite etc) .Also we made a bigger back than the original.There are some thoughts to change the back with the original ,so any comments will be appreciated.Total lengh is 2.82m .
    A black mattress is missing ,but will be placed soon .

Edit: Pictures are removed,new will be uploaded soon.
    Last edited by hurricane08; 04-07-2014 at 05:34 AM.

this is amazing ,

very nice! Would love to read/see more about the materials you ended up using and how you did the finishes.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Bam bam bam,

Lovei it!, love it!
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    very nice! Would love to read/see more about the materials you ended up using and how you did the finishes.
    Details of the construction as well please!

looking very good! would've worked fine without the white block (marble in the original) too, i think.

This is sick - Really hoping for more info on this as I've always wanted to give this sorta thing a try!
    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

This shit looks crazy, can you please tell us the cost, I may attempt to make one for myself

beautiful, wouldnt know its a replica until u said so , need more info on the materials!

Really nice indeed ! How many hours and cost ?

Thank you all for your kind words.The first thought was to make this couch ,but we ended up with the one you saw just to make it more practical/comfortable.

The white part is lacquered mdf and all the other parts are mdf finished with a special quartz cement .It took us 7 days (a couple of days for the lacquered part to dry).There was a thought to make a drawer on the white part ,but i decided to leave it as the original couch.Total cost will be ~400-500 euro(haven't ordered the mattress yet).

So,i almost finished rebuilding my appartment and was thinking moving on the next challenge.Since the living room isn't ready yet, i want to make a Rick Owens sofa (canape),but this time with more expensive materials just to make something look really elegant .

First ideas (unrealistic & uncomfortable ): 01 02 03 04 .
    Second idea:I sketched this couch on a paper ,made it symmetrical (two white parts), put a back on it and added pillows & mattress.I'm thinking using walnut or oak ash and leave the idea of the white lacquered parts.

Any advices/ideas/solutions will be appreciated.
    Last edited by hurricane08; 12-26-2012 at 03:49 PM.

i LOVE IT !!! , wonder how much does it cost?!

nice work!

would you happen to have any more info on the cement coating, product name etc? I've been looking for something like this but so far no luck...
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Any advices/ideas/solutions will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Man , You are obviously very talented why not use the Rick pieces as inspiration to come up with something from your own creativity

Would love to see that ...

Oh and more info on the quartz cement thing please

10/10, would nap on

I ordered the mattress yesterday ,so i'll post more pics next month.

Quote Originally Posted by wire.artist View Post
    maybe I am the only one here, but rick owens furniture needs loads of space around to work properly and I feel it looks out of scale there. It's a nice construction effort though.
    Yes, you're right ,but it's a "Drkshdw" furniture ,so the place is a bit forgiveable.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    nice work!

would you happen to have any more info on the cement coating, product name etc? I've been looking for something like this but so far no luck...
    Thank you. The coating is a result of 3 different materials from "durostick" (greek company) .I'll try to describe it with my poor English next week.

"Prolat" (check their work) is another greek company which is specialized in architectural cement coating and in my opinion has better materials ,more expensive though.Don't know if they export their stuff ,which are 100% produced in Greece,it's better to contact with them.About a month ago ,i met in person the owner of the company,really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane08 View Post
    "Prolat" (check their work) is another greek company which is specialized in architectural cement coating and in my opinion has better materials ,more expensive though.Don't know if they export their stuff ,which are 100% produced in Greece,it's better to contact with them.About a month ago ,i met in person the owner of the company,really nice guy.
    This do look pretty amazing. Not sure how easy it would be to find the exact same materials you used here. I imagine you live in Greece?

Yes.They do the original thing,they have pretty good materials.I've done some research when i was rebuilding my appartment and i passed the idea of making a part of my floor with cement coating ,since these products are brand new and the cheap ones not so durable.There are many companies producing different versions of cement coating.Another one is resin.gr ,but i guess there are many companies all over the world ,not only Greece.
    So, i sketched some sofas , but the second attempt will might be a Rick chair.Will provide details and pictures after receiving the black mattress ,in about two weeks from now.

I've actually been trying to search for cement-like coatings for years but haven't found anything to my liking here in northern Europe. I tried some sort of clay based effect paint/coating but it left this sort of sandy surface. textured multitoned paint looked kind of fake and very hard to get the right look. The closest thing I found was a company importing some Italian limestone or chalk based plasters, which I think looked pretty closed to the product used here. I'll probably give this a try on one of our walls soon. I think this is the same stuff they were selling, this is some random australian site that popped up in Google but the name is familiar.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Wow this is awesome, great work!