Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Owens Replica furniture (first attempt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hurricane08
    • Nov 2008

I ordered the mattress yesterday ,so i'll post more pics next month.

Originally posted by wire.artist
    maybe I am the only one here, but rick owens furniture needs loads of space around to work properly and I feel it looks out of scale there. It's a nice construction effort though.
    Yes, you're right ,but it's a "Drkshdw" furniture ,so the place is a bit forgiveable.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    nice work!

would you happen to have any more info on the cement coating, product name etc? I've been looking for something like this but so far no luck...
    Thank you. The coating is a result of 3 different materials from "durostick" (greek company) .I'll try to describe it with my poor English next week.

"Prolat" (check their work) is another greek company which is specialized in architectural cement coating and in my opinion has better materials ,more expensive though.Don't know if they export their stuff ,which are 100% produced in Greece,it's better to contact with them.About a month ago ,i met in person the owner of the company,really nice guy.

Comment

• neparlepas
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
      "Prolat" (check their work) is another greek company which is specialized in architectural cement coating and in my opinion has better materials ,more expensive though.Don't know if they export their stuff ,which are 100% produced in Greece,it's better to contact with them.About a month ago ,i met in person the owner of the company,really nice guy.
      This do look pretty amazing. Not sure how easy it would be to find the exact same materials you used here. I imagine you live in Greece?

Comment

• hurricane08
        • Nov 2008

Yes.They do the original thing,they have pretty good materials.I've done some research when i was rebuilding my appartment and i passed the idea of making a part of my floor with cement coating ,since these products are brand new and the cheap ones not so durable.There are many companies producing different versions of cement coating.Another one is resin.gr ,but i guess there are many companies all over the world ,not only Greece.
        So, i sketched some sofas , but the second attempt will might be a Rick chair.Will provide details and pictures after receiving the black mattress ,in about two weeks from now.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I've actually been trying to search for cement-like coatings for years but haven't found anything to my liking here in northern Europe. I tried some sort of clay based effect paint/coating but it left this sort of sandy surface. textured multitoned paint looked kind of fake and very hard to get the right look. The closest thing I found was a company importing some Italian limestone or chalk based plasters, which I think looked pretty closed to the product used here. I'll probably give this a try on one of our walls soon. I think this is the same stuff they were selling, this is some random australian site that popped up in Google but the name is familiar.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• peerc
            • Jan 2013

Wow this is awesome, great work!

Comment

• hurricane08
              • Nov 2008

Note that the final look is 100% the result of the workmanship ,not only the material.The person who will install the coating can make different patterns with the same materials . It needs fast moves while placing the cement.

You should ask directions from an architectural office .I'm sure you can find something .Paper on walls is used lately as well.Check Pietboon and NLXL,it's easier,more fun,will last forever,but it's pretty expensive.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              I've actually been trying to search for cement-like coatings for years but haven't found anything to my liking here in northern Europe. I tried some sort of clay based effect paint/coating but it left this sort of sandy surface. textured multitoned paint looked kind of fake and very hard to get the right look. The closest thing I found was a company importing some Italian limestone or chalk based plasters, which I think looked pretty closed to the product used here. I'll probably give this a try on one of our walls soon. I think this is the same stuff they were selling, this is some random australian site that popped up in Google but the name is familiar.

Comment

• Developing
                • Dec 2012

This looks amazing, inspiration for my future home

Comment

• qazwsx
                  • Feb 2012

Absolutely stunning

we've had artisanal designers, now we have artisan for furniture as our member!

Great to see how this site has attracted so many intellects
                  "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• dbwodhks
                    • May 2012

so nice..
                    want to put it in my room

Comment

• Tiron
                      • Nov 2012

Wow man, this stuff is a smooth move. On point.

Comment

• cblicious
                        • Dec 2010

awesome ! Do you have more pictures ?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Hurricane, tell me you live and work in New York, please. I will hire you!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I tihnk he was based in Greece
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well, time to move, methinks.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hurricane08
                                • Nov 2008

thanks guys,i wish i lived in NY.I'll soon post pics of my appartment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎