• Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    thats a bold statement
    That's not just a bold statement,

where is your basis/source here?

While I see where he's coming from when he speaks about the quality of TM, because I can attest it's as high quality as M.a+, but those comment comparing to Devoa have absolutely no basis.
    Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 09-02-2014, 07:57 PM. Reason: cleanliness is next to godliness
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• qazwsx
      • Feb 2012

so Taichi is now making watches?

"Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

That is really interesting. A little bit sad that someone like him beat me to the watch construction punch, but conceptually the direction that I'm working towards as well.

It fits the feel and aesthetic of his garments. The textures and tones along with the fabric combinations really come across even through photos. Really great stuff that is extremely well thought out. He's probably producing the most interesting and exciting stuff right now IMO.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• The Spectacled Bear
          • Aug 2011

Being in Australia I've not been able to handle any of his work, but from what I've seen online I have been impressed.

As Albert says, the textures and tones in his offerings are very well considered and bring a coherence, and common 'theme', to his collections.

If anyone has any pictures of AW15 I would be interested to see them.

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

The parka is my favourite from him. There's a leather high neck jacket from AW15 looks sick.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

I'm not really a watch man, but I'm interested in seeing this in person. He's also in the spectacles game now. Not sure what the charm is on the necklace. Anyone?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                I'm not really a watch man, but I'm interested in seeing this in person. He's also in the spectacles game now. Not sure what the charm is on the necklace. Anyone?
                magnifying glass
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• The Spectacled Bear
                  • Aug 2011

No, I wasn't aware, thanks. Makes perfect sense for EM to pick up Taichi Murakami.

Unfortunately I am in Sydney, so it's an hour long flight or 10 hour drive to Melbourne.

I'll definitely keep it in mind for my next visit.

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

Does Eastern Market have a web/ecommerce presence? Am I just missing something on the site?
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Supel
                      • Apr 2011

I usually buy Taichi from Carrefour or Boutique W - the man himself previously worked at Boutique W in the past and have the best selection of the label. Certain pieces are double retail outside of Japan. From Australia, it may be better to fly directly to Japan in some instances.

Comment

• Supel
                        • Apr 2011

The couple that own Boutique-W are possibly one of the nicest I have ever come across before, they make you feel at home when visiting - If you need Taichi repaired they send it directly to him which I have previously done with a particular garment. It doesn't hurt to contact them I suppose. The JP to AUD conversion is near equal these days so if cash is an issue and you know your size well then it's a smooth process. Or of course an incentive to visit Japan. There's also a store called 'Provogue' in Nagoya that apparently have a large range too, but operate similar to E.M with a low online profile, although I have no experience with those guys as of yet.

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        You know, I should really consider doing that for the next FW season.

Comment

• nicelynice
                          • Oct 2009

If you have an idea of a piece you want, give Carrefour a try as well. I believe they just recently set up a PayPal account for accepting int'l orders and simple English via e-mail (carrefour@couleur-coltd.com) shouldn't be a problem. Their stock is listed on their webstore:

taichimurakami(タイチムラカミ)を取り扱う東京自由が丘のセレクトショップCarrefourの通販ページです。m.a+にて2年半パタンナー、生産管理等を経験しtaichimurakmiを立ち上げる。taichimurakami通販,taichimurakami 取り扱い, taichimurakami東京

As with Boutique-W, wonderful store with wonderful staff. They also work closely with Taichi and are planning some exclusive items for FW15. Looks like footwear is coming as well - Carrefour posted a picture of a last in Taichi's studio on their FB page (https://www.facebook.com/couleur.co....53846211300290)

Comment

• Supel
                            • Apr 2011

Ah yes, I heard this same thing last September that he was in the process of making footwear. I can imagine them being quite good, particularly with the past experience working with Amadei

I feel taichi is a lot more forward thinking, intricate and innovative than Amadei in the recent time. It seems like Amadei is living the eternal return, possibly same goes for Luca and it's a shame - They use to be a little more experimental and extreme with pieces, so I feel taichi fulfills this missing gap. However this is just my individual thoughts

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                            If you have an idea of a piece you want, give Carrefour a try as well. I believe they just recently set up a PayPal account for accepting int'l orders and simple English via e-mail (carrefour@couleur-coltd.com) shouldn't be a problem. Their stock is listed on their webstore:

taichimurakami(タイチムラカミ)を取り扱う東京自由が丘のセレクトショップCarrefourの通販ページです。m.a+にて2年半パタンナー、生産管理等を経験しtaichimurakmiを立ち上げる。taichimurakami通販,taichimurakami 取り扱い, taichimurakami東京

As with Boutique-W, wonderful store with wonderful staff. They also work closely with Taichi and are planning some exclusive items for FW15. Looks like footwear is coming as well - Carrefour posted a picture of a last in Taichi's studio on their FB page (https://www.facebook.com/couleur.co....53846211300290)

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                              • Mar 2014

I spotted a Taichi Murakami necklace that Hostem had recently.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                                • Mar 2014

Just found the photos

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡