Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoisyArmchair
    • Mar 2014

Agh, apologies for size, I'll edit if it's a problem.

Comment

• Skywalker13
      • Nov 2014

His work is amazing, great cuts and outstanding details. You have to get used to the fit, but if you once have, the feeling is great. Comfortable clothes for daily wear with a strong artisanal as well as sporty approach. I've recently purchased the FW15-16 wool sweat pant at hide-m and what can I say, I simply love it. This was my first Murakami item, but definitely not the last...

Comment

• round
        • Aug 2015

Trying to find Taichi Murakami sunglasses, sold out everywhere, anyone have any leads?

Comment

• Skywalker13
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by round View Post
          Trying to find Taichi Murakami sunglasses, sold out everywhere, anyone have any leads?
          Contact Holger from Hide[m], I think he has ordered some for SS16 or FW16-17

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Would love to learn a bit more about the watch he produced... the type of movement it has, where it is from etc. etc.

Details seem to be a bit difficult to find online.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zen dog
              • Jan 2014

Hi Chinoriz- I went to hide-m's site for Murakami's watch- it is swiss made quartz, so I'd say you are buying the face, not the movement.

A belated congratulations on your wife's watch gift to you. This also brings me to the second point on the Murakami watch. It is 32mm dia. I've mentioned this before, but think about the size. I have small wrists and don't think I'd be happy with anything much smaller than 42mm.

That said it is a really beautiful watch

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
                Hi Chinoriz- I went to hide-m's site for Murakami's watch- it is swiss made quartz, so I'd say you are buying the face, not the movement.

A belated congratulations on your wife's watch gift to you. This also brings me to the second point on the Murakami watch. It is 32mm dia. I've mentioned this before, but think about the size. I have small wrists and don't think I'd be happy with anything much smaller than 42mm.

That said it is a really beautiful watch
                Thanks for the details (I should have checked the Hide-M site instead of trying to google-translate a bunch of Japanese sites haha), and for the kind words on my wife's gift :)

The smaller face on the Murakami watch echoes his accessory aesthetics for sure then... thin, small, out of the way... just like his glasses, pendants and other things. Too bad he went with quartz movement although reliable, it seems to be opposite the detail/design approach that he has with his garments. I would have expected perhaps a Japan-made automatic movement... maybe Seiko movements or something along those lines.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zen dog
                  • Jan 2014

^ Yes, I understand the watch's reflection of other accessories. But I don't think consistency should be at the expense of successful design.We (the fans) are missing out on a larger surface, which is also what the watch is about. More face time!

Also, this is someone who has made parkas with hoods and high necklines that threaten to engulf the wearer. I humbly suggest that a larger watch would be a great transition between the huge and diminutive.

Comment

• boodude
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
                    ^ Yes, I understand the watch's reflection of other accessories. But I don't think consistency should be at the expense of successful design.We (the fans) are missing out on a larger surface, which is also what the watch is about. More face time!

Also, this is someone who has made parkas with hoods and high necklines that threaten to engulf the wearer. I humbly suggest that a larger watch would be a great transition between the huge and diminutive.
                    I saw the 2015 taichi watch at Holger's last summer - it was tiny ( and i wear 38 mm watches .. ). It would have been more approprate as a small ladies watch. When i saw the new one ( ss16) immediatly contacted Holger to check if size changed but sadly no. And yes the quartz movement is a big letdown. I would never buy a 2k eu watch with quartz movement. So perhaps next Iteration..

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Yeah at that price point I would have hoped for automatic or maybe manual wind movement. These days neither should cost all that much if you aren't going for crazy, custom, hand finished stuff.

Comment

• Aska
                        • Feb 2013

I saw on Instagram that Hostem have the watch in sterling. Beautiful face and details but I am not a watch geek so don't know about the technical details and movement. Here is a link: https://www.instagram.com/hostemppl/?hl=en

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

TAICHI MURAKAMI: ALL IN THE DETAILS

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2017/03/...akami-details/
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• byhand
                            • Dec 2011

I saw on Instagram that Hostem have the watch in sterling. Beautiful face and details but I am not a watch geek so don't know about the technical details and movement.

It's quartz, so there is no swooning to be done over the movement.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                              TAICHI MURAKAMI: ALL IN THE DETAILS

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2017/03/...akami-details/
                              Wish this article was longer. Loved it, such a great write up. Never heard of Taichi truthfully but this pushed me into discovering who he is.
                              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• hinteracre
                                • Aug 2016

Nice article, great insight

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡