• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pennickNY
    • Jan 2012

Senior thesis collection!

Hey again all,

So heres what I'm working on, the last thing I will do as a student. At this time i have just completed my muslins and when I return to school in a couple weeks, I'll begin producing the final looks.

So the reasons I'm posting are this obviously for any last minute feedback, but also I need support. So i have started a kickstarter account,I launched yesterday, and need any support I can get and since this is the one of the main places where i know I can get support from people who understand what I strive for.

There you can see some previews of my muslins, to show I've done the work and will complete the collection to great execution.

So again, I hope you enjoy the collection and any backing would be amazingly appreciated.

I'll be updating with pics as soon as I get back from Holiday break.... but Here's probably my most complex piece and the first muslin I made. The Final will be out of the Elk leather I love so much with overlock seaming!!

....more images at kickstarter.

P.S. as a rewards for donations I will be giving away garments from the collection.

Best,

-PENNICK

• Developing
    • Dec 2012

The draped jersey dress looks great, as much as I would like to support you I'm broke and unemployed at the moment :(

Good luck with your fundraiser!

Comment

• pennickNY
      • Jan 2012

Thanks a lot I appreciate the compliment, I wish I had my garments with me so I could post more muslins.

But i will in a week, anyway I'm going to look through and se if I have any more pics.

Heres a fit Pic, It's out of fleece so that why is looks limp, but out of the leather it'll obviously look 10X better.

Look two vest with dress under fit pic also (no front view shot )

Help out a young designer!!

Comment

• ashnu
        • Jan 2013

your collection is really beautiful! definitely pieces that I would love to wear. and the muslins look very neat and well made....can't wait to see your final garments.
        I would love to help you out with the funding, but as a fellow young designer though I am very broke myself.
        but I just wanted to say that you are very talented, and best of luck to you!

Comment

• pennickNY
          • Jan 2012

Thanks ashnu for the kind words, I understand its hard times, please help me spread the word if you can.

I still have a lot more to go to reach my goal!!

Comment

• pennickNY
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by pennickNY View Post
            I still have a lot more to go to reach my goal!!

Here's another muslin, my fencing trench in look 4.

Comment

• samlasamla
              • Sep 2011

seriously impressive stuff.

Comment

• keilani
                • Jan 2012

Thanks for the inspiration, keep working hard and I'm sure it will pay off. I can't wait to see the final production pieces. Great sketches btw.

Comment

• sixledge
                  • Dec 2011

Awesome work, do you have any tips on getting started making clothing?

Comment

• pennickNY
                    • Jan 2012

Collection is finished!

Comment

• i-d-g
                      • Sep 2012

You know you can't tease us with just one photo. Will there be a full photo set anywhere? The muslin prototypes look absolutely incredible.
                      “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• pennickNY
                        • Jan 2012

Thanks i-d-g, I appreciate compliments.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                          • Jan 2011

While I can appreciate that a number of women would not wear a garment like that dress in real life, despite heavily desiring and drooling over it, I find the selected shots to be incredibly evocative and alluring. The close up of the shoulder in leather is also just beautiful and demonstrates a wonderful understanding of patternmaking and complexity that a number of my classmates at Parsons didn't have, even several years ago. I applaud you.

Comment

• kavaj
                            • Sep 2006

Nicely executed work!

Comment

• ahn
                              • Jul 2012

Wow! The cuts look intricate and beautiful. I would be all over this.
                              Sadly I too am a broke student. Maybe one day we can swap your clothing for my jewellery, ey?
                              some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎