X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal
    • Mar 2007

SONG FOR THE MUTE FW13: “SEPTIÈME”

This the 7th collection by the label and it is a very significant one. In their words : “it genuinely feels like it is the very first season that we truly believe we have found our ‘voice’ as a brand. We wanted to make this season a landmark.”

They consider this to be first proper FW collection that they have designed specifically for the International market with truly winter weight fabrics. They have worked intensively with fabric mills in Italy and Japan to create the majority of these fabrics from scratch.

The color palette is much darker this time around. Lots of black and different shades of greys. Materials are Paper-coated Cotton Wool. Virgin Wool. Cotton jersey bonded with neoprene. Heavy weight cotton viscose and Fire proof quilting.

This FW13 collection sees them playing with a lot of different textures and weights. The fabric choices altered the way they approached design and how they created shapes within the collection. There are 2 different spectrums – the ‘organic’ fabrics i.e. virgin wool, etc on one end and the ‘structured/tailored’ fabrics on the other (which includes paraffin coated cottons). This led them to create totally new silhouettes and subsequently pushed them into new territory incorporating the fire-proof quilting and tech wear. Utility is truly the key this season.

Song for the Mute’s unique aesthetic encapsulates both tailoring and the avant-garde with a sportswear edge while still offering the highest quality fabrics and construction. This season their aim is to make the label more accessible to a wider audience given this sportswear influenced aesthetic and the collection offers a good selection of basic knits and coats as well as still providing dedicated followers key new pieces.

Source and more at:

that triple-layered shorts/pants looks interesting and the last full fit too.
    but all this relaxed bottoms and trainers.. For me SFtM means great sharp-tailored pieces in the strange sea of street-vibe-near-generic collections.

Comment

• move_ment
      • Feb 2009

Damn Melv, this is really, really good. Definitely my favorite collection from you guys thus far. I love the added structure through tailoring - rounds out your offering nicely. Sneakers/footwear too looks epic, need some detail photos asap

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

the blazer with throne collar looks slick as hell, well done Mel & co.

Comment

• Sergei_S
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
          the blazer with throne collar looks slick as hell, well done Mel & co.
          Love that one too.
          I got weapons

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

Agree with you both, the whole outfit in the last pic above looks stunning. Can you give us some details on that blazer Melv?

Comment

• eleven crows
              • Mar 2011

I demand more pictures and details.

I'll also have to echo the sick as fuck call on the throne collar jacket. Will the footwear be another partnership with Mr McDonald?

Also, please get a UK stockist so I don't have to import from Australia while I'm away.

tia

Comment

• hurricane08
                • Nov 2008

Excellent.Missed so much that Viridi-Anne vibe

Comment

• crtk001
                  • Nov 2010

Haven't been really excited by fashion in quite a while and my god this has done it. Wonderful collection Melv! The blazers look great, would love to see more detail shots of those, but the whole 3rd look there down to the sneakers (and I havent owned sneakers in 6-8 years) is perfect, I want to just live in that outfit.

Comment

• bryantyj
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                    I'll also have to echo the sick as fuck call on the throne collar jacket. Will the footwear be another partnership with Mr McDonald?
                    Im wondering the same thing... Who are the footwear by?

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

third look and last look are great imo. eager to see more.
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

nice to see SftM evolve season to season - their voice is becoming stronger and stronger, and at this point it would be hard to argue it's anything other than their own.

-

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Very impressive!!!

But, please, can I ask designers to stop this leggings/shorts nonsense? What are we, fucking children? It's enough that most mens editors dress like 9 year old schoolboys from 1950s (all we need now is to bring back are sailor suits), and this is like a goth version of it. Grown men wear pants (unless it's hot as hell).
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

Can I wear cropped pants and still be a man?

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                              Can I wear cropped pants and still be a man?
                              only if your nads hang below the pant leg
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎