X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aurum
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by jurassicsnark View Post
    Ugh, so true. And so not an option for me — not even when I was young.
    Sigh. Someday I will figure out how to pair my style preferences with my genetics. Someday...
    I'm really petite, but my solution has always been to wear a black convertible bra (the type with removable straps) and style it with a single strap across the body or connect multiple straps with the intention of it being visible. Sure, there's something really erotic about the general lack of undies that is missed out on, but...deliberately styled underpinnings have potential to work _with_ (rather than against) genetics.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Aurum View Post
      I'm really petite, but my solution has always been to wear a black convertible bra (the type with removable straps) and style it with a single strap across the body or connect multiple straps with the intention of it being visible. Sure, there's something really erotic about the general lack of undies that is missed out on, but...deliberately styled underpinnings have potential to work _with_ (rather than against) genetics.
      I am sure you do it in an elegant way, but I must say that I find the recent fashion for showing off bras distasteful. Maybe 1% of women I see around NY get it right. Most of them veer into the vulgar/sloppy territory.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        This season's Sacai coats are incredible.
        truly. did you see the macrame one at dsm?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yep. And shot two others for one of our upcoming F/W editorials.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jurassicsnark
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Aurum View Post
            The convertible bra thing is a good idea — and I bet you look awesome with what you do with it! But I am over 40 and it definitely changes what one can pull off, sadly...

;)

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

has anyone tried these Guidi's?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Ladidums
                • Oct 2012

Argh, I was too slow.

Does anyone know what collection this is from or where I can get something similar?

Comment

• nimmy
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by laika View Post
                  ^plz be sure to check on drop crotch bike shorts for me.

thanks for the great review, rider...is this your Dries top?

this dress looking beautiful

Comment

• Chromatius
                    • Sep 2015

I recently found an Ann D women's shirt in a thrift shop and decided to pick it up. I am curious about which collection it is from, but despite my best efforts I have not been able to find any reference to it online. Maybe someone here is able to recognize it?

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

Where is the cold weather so I can wear this mens Rick Owens blistered lamb coat? So excited and truly shocked by the chance I took that a men's would work but it did. It Did!!!! Love when that happens.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Cool. I'm glad you went against my advice, haha. :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Does anyone know the best place to sell women's clothing/shoes/accessories that don't fit the ethos of SZ? Trying to sell a pair of Chanel boots that don't fit my girlfriend. Any help is appreciated! Is there another forum that I should know about or should I just go the ebay/consigner route?
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

Vestiaire Collective I have experienced both as a buyer and as a seller, and I can only recommend the experience. Very easy to use, and things move fast as long as you're not too greedy with your pricing.

Beware though, the content is curated, and some of your items may be rejected by the team, or they may ask for more pics. It is best to read their recommendations well before taking any pictures, so as not to waste time. It is also a good idea to use a proper camera, as I'm pretty sure some of my items were rejected due to the poor quality of the iPhone pics I used (my phone is the only camera I own)

However, Chanel boots in mint condition should be a breeze to get past them and sell (Chanel moves fast, except for vintage)

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                              • Sep 2015

I second Vestaire Collective. I've not sold with them but have had good experiences. If the boots are not accepted for some reason, I'd recommend TheRealReal next. You'll get less cash than you would on Vestaire, but they'll do all the work. I have sold a fair bit of stuff there, since I'm too lazy to do the work.

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Thank you both very much!
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎