Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

aww really? they remind me of something Michele Lamy would wear to the beach when a fur gilet isn't appropriate.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
      aww really? they remind me of something Michele Lamy would wear to the beach when a fur gilet isn't appropriate.
      Something tells me there is no such thing for her.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

looks like a knit onesie is about as practical as she'd go

(hearts only for effect, considering the date)
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• prenouveau
          • Aug 2012

I'm looking for new ideas of what to wear under long sheer jersey dresses. I recently bought a Silent one...they're nice to wear when it's warm but wearing leggings under them kinda defeats the purpose (staying cool), and I hate slips. Any brilliant strategies to prevent showing your undies to the world?

Comment

• safeword123
            • Jul 2008

^ maybe a nude seamless undie?

ETA: and if the dress was white, black bra+black undie can be pretty hot too.
            Last edited by safeword123; 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• prenouveau
              • Aug 2012

I like the idea of being obvious with black. Or maybe these ladies' RO boxers? On sale...hmmm

(source: LN-CC)

Comment

• safeword123
                • Jul 2008

^ the only thing i'd be concerned about is the seams, especially if the dress was rather body hugging. otherwise, i'd say go for it

Comment

• fadetogrey
                  • Apr 2009

I like AA's stretch micro mesh body suit for under jersey dresses- if you have a medium-small chest you can even go bra-less. It magically keeps everything up and in place.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

i am diving deep into muted plaids, small checks and optical prints.
                    footwear, pointy toe chelsea boots.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

^oh I really love that Limi top, one of the best things in the collection, imo. I am also feeling really drawn to graphic prints and plaids, which Givenchy and Undercover have just reinforced for me.

I also see a Dries scarf, but what's that first thing you got?

Also, have you seen any of the Dries sheer plaid button-ups around?
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

i know that limi top is just so good... its killing me.
                        i am digging the chalayan iridescent's, reminds me of a paper show i went to years ago.
                        and i guess pinstripes will be abundantly represented next season with all the menswear themes, but i think rei's knotted waistcoats are my favorite.

dries is flying off the shelves this season, for good reason. i wanted badly to wait for sales but was fearful that most of what i desired wouldnt make it so i bit the bullet. even with an obvious lack of restraint , i think chose wisely; adding a plaid-backed/metallic-front shift, brown floral-front/burgundy plaid-back trousers (worn twice already, love these to death) and the small b/w checked sheer scarf to the dries section of the closet. he is my weak spot when it comes to paying retail. so all in all, 3 very different prints that represent what appealed to me most in the collection.

i tried a bunch of sheer plaid button up blouses on with you in mind and besides having a stiff, even slightly rough texture (silk but ever so slightly scratchy) they ran huge, so be cautioned if your tempted and find one online (which i can steer you towards) the sizing is wonky. i noticed that quite a few have been returned so i would say your best bet is to swing by IF and see what they stocked, fyi, the black/red/ivory combo is stunning as is the softer coral/lavender. remember the spaghetti strap day dress you tried last spring, i've seen that in a lovely flowy silk version that is so you!

Comment

• fadetogrey
                          • Apr 2009

Well, the dream of owning one of these coats is dead! over US$7,500... ouch!

Comment

• ahn
                            • Jul 2012

Don't know if this is the right thread, but does anyone know if I can actually buy one of the Rick runway habits/headscarves like the one Michele is often pictured wearing? Are they available to buy?

some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

He produced them for the one collection that was about nuns. Not sure he's done them since.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Simply put, try eBay. Unless you're chummy with any nuns, that is.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎