Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comotomo
    • Nov 2014

i own leather bondage pants by ann d and regular ones by rick owens. i am satisfied with both. i often see helmut lang leather pants at a big discount on yoox or other sites during sale season. personally i would not pay 1000 for them but at the end of the day it depends on the fit and comfort. i saw a very beautiful pair of leather leggings/pants on antonioli last year by issac sellam, but am unsure if they are still available.

Comment

• ahn
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Coming View Post
      My wife is looking to buy a pair of leather pants. She is not really a clothing enthusiast, but I want to make sure she gets the "best".
      She currently has her eye on a pair by helmut lang (~$1000)

Are there any other brands to consider?

Apologies if this has been discussed recently or is in the wrong thread. I am not familiar with the womens side of the forum

Thankyou
      I have two pairs of HL leather leggings, they were the best fit for my body type (compared to RO). I paid full price for one of the pairs and have no regrets, they're gorgeous and comfortable and so far have held up really well. I was looking for a very long time to find the right pair for me.
      some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Coming
        • Sep 2013

Ahn, I think she is interested in the same ones, so its good to hear you like them so much.

Comotomo I found these Isaac sellam ones on antonioli https://www.antonioli.eu/en/women/pr...r#.VV236etdaK3

I will see if she likes the look of the hem, which is a bit unusual

Thank you both

Comment

• ahn
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Coming View Post
          Ahn, I think she is interested in the same ones, so its good to hear you like them so much.

Comotomo I found these Isaac sellam ones on antonioli https://www.antonioli.eu/en/women/pr...r#.VV236etdaK3

I will see if she likes the look of the hem, which is a bit unusual

Thank you both
          See maybe it's just me but I'd be concerned about the 'bagginess' around the upper thighs/lower bottom (back) and crotch (front) of those Isaac Sellam trousers. This was my problem area when finding a pair for myself... the RO pair I bought bunched up terribly around the crotch. Leather leggings IMO should really fit like a second skin.
          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Aurum
            • Dec 2013

I think it's ultimately an issue of body type vs cut...the model in the photo doesn't have much of a booty to contend with, so the pant sags in unflattering ways. A woman with a fuller/more curvaceous figure might fill these out well.

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

not looking but what if it found me?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rider; 05-26-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Ladies, do RO tank dresses stretch (70% viscose/15%cotton/15%nylon)? Or do you basically have to be curveless to wear them?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                  • Mar 2012

They do stretch and cling to the bust and hip. I have a few and usually buy mine two sizes bigger so they won't cling as much. They still do so though.
                  lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Let me rephrase that - do they stretch out with time (become bigger)? Sounds like a no if you have to size up two.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

They do stretch out a bit over time, but not much. They certainly do not get baggy. I think my oldest Rick tank dress is from 08 or 09 and it is still fine.

I only size up because I do not like my clothes to be too tight in general. If a tight fit is what someone prefers I would go with your regular Rick size.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Way too tight from what I'm looking at right now ;-). Basically it seems like the ideal Rick lady has neither curves nor underwear. Kind of awesome, in a way...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Way too tight from what I'm looking at right now ;-). Basically it seems like the ideal Rick lady has neither curves nor underwear. Kind of awesome, in a way...

That goes for most high end labels. Bras especially are something that seem to be banished from luxury designer land
                          That first Rick tank dress I bought is - on top of being really tight - sheer as well. I tend to wear it with a seamless slipdress underneath. Seamless underthings in general go well with Rick.

edit: I just remembered that there is a cami tank dress in the Lillies line that is lovely as well.
                          lavender menace

Comment

• porthidium
                            • Aug 2013

hahaha yup

i was trying on a bunch of the tank dresses at the RO London store and thought to myself

"well, i could only wear this around the house..or at the beach. really looks best with no underwear on."
                            @porthidium_

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

This season's Sacai coats are incredible.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                                Bras especially are something that seem to be banished from luxury designer land
                                Ugh, so true. And so not an option for me — not even when I was young.
                                Sigh. Someday I will figure out how to pair my style preferences with my genetics. Someday...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎