X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

small, feminine, ugly. I like a big chunky zipper. I actually hate the incarnation zippers too.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    What's wrong with Julius zippers?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

^ haha i think incarnation are custom .. maybe ykk?

i really like the silent line's zippers... they are.... zer030 from italy

Comment

• sixledge
        • Dec 2011

I like Julius zipper functionality but prefer a chunkier zipper aesthetically.

I can understand high end zippers being expensive to use but is it really too much for Rick to fit into his budget?

Especially since he has such a large production you would think he has good resources to quality hardware.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

The best zippers i've handled are YKK. Tbh I never got why Riri are considered so great, besides their conspicuous branding.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

agreed about julius. to subtile. but riri also got great metal8 series, chunky and heavy, Jona use it a lot.

and btw, zippers from Aviatic jacket, could someone tell what brand it is? massive, hard as fuck, and really nicely oxidized

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

My BBS high neck from FW11 has an EP double zipper, googling it seems like it's Eclair Prym? Thought's on this brand?

Comment

• jskidder1
                • Jan 2011

Those older BBS zips are pretty awful in my experience handling them. He has since switched to riri.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  and Dane, there is nothing wrong with the pulls on the Julius Zippers i guess its a personal choice by the company, because riri Makes a huge variation of pulls you can choose from
                  Nothing technically wrong with them, I just think aesthetically they don't match the severity of many of Julius' garments. I do have one minimal Julius leather that the zipper pull matches nicely, but it seems out of place amongst the rest of the line.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                    Those older BBS zips are pretty awful in my experience handling them. He has since switched to riri.
                    Actually I think they're not bad, it's super chunky and feels very sturdy. It doesn't have that smooth glide that Julius zippers have, it's still smooth but has a bit more of a dry feel to it with a bit more sound. IMO I think it suits Boris' style quite well.

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

new rick zippers feel awful! i like the substantial robust zippers of past. on the subject of buttons, was ss11/anthem the only season where they used a cheap feeling button for the cotton 1 button fold over hooded cardigans? i have one and feel for the price i paid the button closure is total crap compared to other season wood/leather buttons.
                      on the subject of bbs, i find the string attachment branding to be annoying. people come up to me and ignore the aesthetic of the piece and solely focus on this shoe string hanging from my back. it garners attention but i feel it draws it to the wrong things. i know they recognizably bbs but i wish they didnt exist.

Comment

• mattizzle
                        • Oct 2011

^
                        why not just cut it off?

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
                          ^
                          why not just cut it off?
                          it seems like it'd leave a hole in the garment as it's usually sewn in and connected to the product tag so i think it may compromise the garment. has anyone cut these off with successful results?
                          Last edited by messenoire; 02-08-2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• wilbur
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            I actually hate the incarnation zippers too.
                            What don't you like about them? My only complaint is that they seem to get stuck every now and then; haven't really had any other problems that come to mind.

Comment

• cyberthom
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              ^cost I guess, like everything else in the world.
                              What's weird is that DRK SHDW uses the old style zippers across the board so if the new one's are cheaper surely you'd expect the diffusion line to go economy first..

Comment

• Rei
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                                on the subject of bbs, i find the string attachment branding to be annoying. people come up to me and ignore the aesthetic of the piece and solely focus on this shoe string hanging from my back. it garners attention but i feel it draws it to the wrong things. i know they recognizably bbs but i wish they didnt exist.
                                I kinda like the strings, maybe didn't need them in every single piece but don't mind really. The annoying part is the random idiots(hello friends/family) who start pulling the string the second they see it, as if they were still 3 years old, and make some lame ass jokes about who knows what cos apparently everything new needs to be made fun of.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎