X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

Thank you for your response.

The pictures you have posted are great and they have piqued my curiosity. I was more thinking about a picture with a foot in the shoe. The tiny lady shoe above doesn't make a bigger size justice I'm sure. I thought that one became a bit hoof-like.

Comment

• Jameskearns
      • Sep 2011

PLEASE FIX IMAGE SIZES
      James Kearns

Comment

• Jameskearns
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
        Thank you for your response.

The pictures you have posted are great and they have piqued my curiosity. I was more thinking about a picture with a foot in the shoe. The tiny lady shoe above doesn't make a bigger size justice I'm sure. I thought that one became a bit hoof-like.
        Hi,
        No problem, i no what you mean. Going from size 4 to 9 can sometimes make them look very different. I make sure the pattern stays true as i scale. I don't scale my patterns on a PC, they are done manually, so i re-draw anything that doesn't look quite right.
        James Kearns

Comment

• Jameskearns
          • Sep 2011

a weekend work

thought i would sit down and make pair of trousers hand sewn for a change, and put the machines to one side for a project.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2465/3skn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
          Last edited by lowrey; 04-16-2014, 04:37 AM. Reason: PLEASE FIX IMAGE SIZES
          James Kearns

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Feel it deserves a proper mention when you meet a person who is so friendly, helpful and most importantly incredibly skilled.....

I got in touch with James last week to see if he could help me with an issue regarding the stitching on a pair of brand new Augusta sneakers that had popped.
            It was something that no cobbler was willing to touch. It's the stitching where the rubber is attached to the leather uppers and wraps around the shoe.

I'd spoken to james briefly in the past regarding his handmade sneakers, so as a last resort I asked him if he could help as a favour.

Not only was he more than happy to help, but he met me the following day, fixed them that night (ps simone wasn't willing to fix them and they were damaged when I received them), and returned them to me the next day in absolutely perfect, fixed condition. I couldn't even see where the original stitching issue had been! Tbh I was quite amazed with the result.
            He's my new best buddy when it comes to leather and/or footwear problems. I actually thought it was going to be impossible to fix.

The workmanship on his custom trainers is beautiful and I will 100% be ordering his 6 hole sneaker from 2014. What is really great is that I can choose the actual leather that will be used for my sneakers plus colour plus type of hardware (eyelets rusted or shiny etc etc) not often you can do that on a pair of sneaks :-)

......he is so bloody good with leather that I'm also getting him to add an internal zipper pocket for my q20 guidi bag. He only uses guidi leather and has found me the perfect match :-)

Thank you james.
            Last edited by eton97; 04-03-2014, 02:39 PM.
            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Jameskearns
              • Sep 2011

Thank you very much eton97.
              First time i've had to fix a pair from any of these shoe makers before. I really enjoyed the challenge. So glad you where happy with the result.

Really looking forward to making your custom order very soon. Very interested to hearing how they compare to wearing CCPs or A1923s.

Adding the pocket to you're bag was a fun little project. Don't think i would have been too happy using any other type of leather apart from theirs.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do these little jobs. Always a great learning experiences fixing or adding to these works.

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
              Feel it deserves a proper mention when you meet a person who is so friendly, helpful and most importantly incredibly skilled.....

I got in touch with James last week to see if he could help me with an issue regarding the stitching on a pair of brand new Augusta sneakers that had popped.
              It was something that no cobbler was willing to touch. It's the stitching where the rubber is attached to the leather uppers and wraps around the shoe.

I'd spoken to james briefly in the past regarding his handmade sneakers, so as a last resort I asked him if he could help as a favour.

Not only was he more than happy to help, but he met me the following day, fixed them that night (ps simone wasn't willing to fix them and they were damaged when I received them), and returned them to me the next day in absolutely perfect, fixed condition. I couldn't even see where the original stitching issue had been! Tbh I was quite amazed with the result.
              He's my new best buddy when it comes to leather and/or footwear problems. I actually thought it was going to be impossible to fix.

The workmanship on his custom trainers is beautiful and I will 100% be ordering his 6 hole sneaker from 2014. What is really great is that I can choose the actual leather that will be used for my sneakers plus colour plus type of hardware (eyelets rusted or shiny etc etc) not often you can do that on a pair of sneaks :-)

......he is so bloody good with leather that I'm also getting him to add an internal zipper pocket for my q20 guidi bag. He only uses guidi leather and has found me the perfect match :-)

Thank you james.
              James Kearns

Comment

• Jameskearns
                • Sep 2011

New works

Just a few new shoe designs to add to the post. Any comments welcome, always great hear people thoughts on my work. Many thanks for looking. Any questions please free free to ask

James Kearns

Comment

• Jameskearns
                  • Sep 2011

Just as a side note to all who sees. If anymore has issues with their shoes, in the same way as Eton97 did. I'm always happy to help in putting them right again, if i can. I no it can be hard finding a cobbler who understand what their dealing with when it comes to this type of footwear, or fixing something out of their area. So if you think i might be able to help or advise, drop me a IM.
                  James Kearns

Comment

• Jameskearns
                    • Sep 2011

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG] screen shot windows[/IMG]

[IMG] free photo upload[/IMG]

[IMG] upload gambar[/IMG]

[IMG] free image hosting[/IMG]
                    James Kearns

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

Thank you for a great pair of sneaks James - just perfect!
                      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Jameskearns
                        • Sep 2011

No problem :) really enjoyed making them to your spec. Very happy your so pleased with them. Thank you

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                        Thank you for a great pair of sneaks James - just perfect!
                        James Kearns

Comment

• Jameskearns
                          • Sep 2011

First look at some of the new horse leathers im going to be working with

Many thanks for looking at my work
                          James Kearns

Comment

• Jameskearns
                            • Sep 2011

Samples from the new ring collection

Comments very welcome, this is a very new side to the label and would like to find out people thoughts on these rings.
                            James Kearns

Comment

• Dorje
                              • Oct 2013

Looks great, James... The rings look like they came from an archaeological dig.

Is the top pair mine?

Comment

• FriedChicken
                                • Aug 2014

wow dig the jewelry. Has a good look to it. very antique / vintage but modern looking
                                "white painted toad leather case, goats eye cock ring"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎