Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

does anyone have a list of worldwide stockists?
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• nyarkies
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
      does anyone have a list of worldwide stockists?
      They're listed on his website. As far as in Japan, I remember Loom Osaka and Gullam. Fascinate had some good items that went on sale. Just not sure if they'll continue stocking him.

Comment

• LEB
        • May 2012

Hey guys,

thanks for postsing the video first of all.

The stockits on the website are not updated - there will be a big update to webpage very soon. Our current stockists:

ANTONIOLI | Milan, Italy
        The luxury brands available online and offline are carefully selected to please well-aware and constantly updated customers, especially those into an avant-garde and innovative taste in fashion

ATELIER NEW YORK | New York, USA
        Atelier New York is an avant-garde multi-brand luxury boutique.

ATRUM | Utsunomiya, Japan
        ATRUM-Maedaさんのブログです。最近の記事は「RONDO.y m Special Edition-2(画像あり)」です。

DARKLANDS | Berlin, Germany
        Find a selection of our designers in the three designated sections of our website: Darklands, darklands-x and .03.

GALLERY AESTHETE | Chicago, USA

GULLAM | Tokyo, Japan
        GULLAM グラム セレクトショップ 代官山 渋谷

HIDE[M] | Munich, Germany
        hide[m] is Munich’s best kept secret when it comes to fashion. For almost 10 years hide[m] has been offering its customers a unique shopping experience.

H.LORENZO | Los Angeles, USA
        H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

INK | Hong Kong, Hong Kong

LOOM | Osaka, Japan
        LOOM OSAKA 大阪インポート&ドメスティックブランドセレクトショップ。取扱いブランド : incarnation, Boris Bidjan Saberi, ISAMUKATAYAMA, BACKLASH, LEON EMANUEL BLANCK, SOSNOVSKA, N/07, A.F ARTEFACT, RUNDHOLZ, Y-3, ワイスリー, yohji yamamoto など、通販可能

SVMOSCOW | Moscow, Russia
        SV77 online concept store with unique and collectable designer items. Shop clothes, accessories, bags and shoes with fast worldwide delivery.

W19 | Gothenburg, Sweden

Elixir Gallery | Mykonos, Greece

The Library | London, Great Britain

Archive | San Francisco, USA
        /www.archivesf.com/

HEVN | Oslo, Norway
        HEVN offers a curated selection of avant-garde designers from all over the world. HEVN is nordic noir; clean, raw, sophisticated individualism.

There will be a couple of changes for the upcoming winter.

Best wishes,

Leon
        Last edited by LEB; 04-27-2017, 05:45 AM. Reason: wrong webpage
        Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

Leon Emanuel Blanck F/W17 Women's on SZ-mag

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

LEON EMANUEL BLANCK interview for Whitelies Magazine

Full article: https://www.whiteliesmagazine.com/bl...emanuel-blanck

Home is ... ?
            Heidelberg at the moment - but I tend to get used to areas fast. I do not feel dependent on places or cities.

How do you define home?
            Well, as a teenager I moved from Heidelberg to Hong Kong. I remember being extremly excited to see something new. We stayed there for a couple of years so Hong Kong was my home at the time. When we moved back to Heidelberg, I remember being really unhappy about it. Funny enough it only took me a few weeks to get aquainted again. That’s when I realized that I do not have a strong relation to being a native or something along the lines. Even though I really enjoy Heidelberg, I could very well move somewhere else. Just my studio is here now which makes it a bit more complicated. So ultimately I define home as a place a feel good about.

What advice would you give someone in order to cheer them up?
            Get wasted already.

Fotos or film?
            The determing factor is the general framework: like ones attention span, time and mood. Looking at fotos I need way less concentration, time or focus, than when I am watching film. To me, film is more diverse and I feel that film puts me in a certain mood easier - just think of music, cuts etc. Film catches me more and often leaves me exhausted. What I like about fotos more is that they leave more room for imagination and freedom of thought as well as being less draining - depending on what your are looking at obviously.

Painting or sculpture?
            Definately sclupture as I am feel they give more opportunity for creation. Even though there are paintings with great three-dimensionality, sculptures have more speciousness - you can look at them from many different angles therefore being able to find interesting new perspectives all the time.

What did you do last for the first time?
            Not a very exciting story, but at least an honest one: I just came back from a weekend in Amsterdam.

What really scares you?
            To fuck something up due to neglectfulness.

What encourages you?
            To construct things that I surely know I will find really rewarding ones they are finished.

Is fear also an incentive?
            I am not an anxious person at all - of course everyone worries at times, but I feel anxiety and fear are bad companions running a business and in any event if I am creating.

What’s the first thing you do in the morning the last thing in the evening?
            First I am annoyed about having to get up, last I am annoyed about having to go to bed. A burden I have been carrying all my life.

Why?
            I don’t want to got to bed because I feel I am missing out on something or because I have better things to do than to sleep. I don’t want to get up because my bed is so freaking comfy and there is nothing forcing me. A paradoxon.

Rather small town or big city?
            As I said, I am not one who wants to go to bed early. If there is a party to go to I will probably go there - so perhaps at this point a smaller city forces me to a healthier lifestyle and gives less opportunity for distraction.

Do you think fashion is heading torwards unisex?
            Honestly I do not really care where it’s heading to. I like physicalness and that is how my clothing and my sculptures look. They are sculpted on a human body, rather tight fitting and usually formed on a person with (to me) attractive proportions - even though this can give a macabre thought of wearing someone else’s body. Although androgynity is something that can look really cool, by large, I do not find it attractive.

It’s your first female collection: thoughts/inspiration?
            Indeed it is my first full female collection. prior to starting this, I have done numerous items for my girlfriend and her mother. last year, I employed a young woman that helps me with the collections and patterns. Laura and her had a long talk with me about making a full line. After seeing and understanding that they know what the clothing needs to feel and look like we started to work on it thoroughly. The inspiration is the same as for the Men’s collection: the human body and a dystopian, futuristic aesthetic.

In your female collection there is a backpack that was formed on a pregnant woman: the distortion pregnant lady backpack. Do you associate pregnancy with femininity?
            Honestly I had this concept years prior to making the actual women’s collection. At the time I had an idea of making backpack, and since everything is body formed, I formed a first prototype on a friend of mine who happens to have big beer belly. Because naturally if you look at a man with a beer belly sideways, the form looks like a backpack. In the end I did not really like it so much and on my way home I ran into a woman that was pregnant. This was basically the starting point to that bag. So in the end my association with pregnancy and femininity does not matter for the piece. I just saw the form of a pregnant lady and knew I had found the form to my backpack.

Interview Camille Naomi Franke
            Photography Axl Jansen
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• ScyStyl
              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by CAIN View Post
              And this constructions are similar to?
              They might be familiar but I can tell it isn't similar. It is different indeed.
              I think it's pretty interesting: Casual, yet dark ans¡d mysterious!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Comment

• negroygris
                  • Aug 2013

Ahimsa Wow i am mind blown, LEB pattern making skills are out of this world, also will you happen to know what kind of fabric is the jacket on the cover photo made of? I am wondering if is like a reversed fur that has been polyurethane coated somehow.
                  We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• sam992
                    • Jun 2017

Great stuff!
                    Web Designer Popup Maker

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
                      Ahimsa Wow i am mind blown, LEB pattern making skills are out of this world, also will you happen to know what kind of fabric is the jacket on the cover photo made of? I am wondering if is like a reversed fur that has been polyurethane coated somehow.
                      It's reversed mink with his "rigor mortis treatment".

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

In case you happen to be in Mykonos this week! If not, I will be representing SZ. Photos to come.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

It was great to be there. Kind of amazing to see such a big collection in one place. Leon has come a long way!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• negroygris
                              • Aug 2013

Faust I am starting to understand his work more and more, I would love to one day see how he sews all his leathers. Great to see his expansion to new markets and places.
                              We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Haven't seen much information online about this but, since the fall winter season in stores now, Leon has developed a side collection that was presented alongside the Anfractuous Distortion collection called Forced Perspective. It is a more symmetrical offering of the same/similar silhouettes, but developed with entirely new patterns. The Atelier buy of this season is extremely nice especially the heavy duty twill 6plp (pant) style of the Force Perspective. With the symmetry comes a much more casual and refined style which I really enjoy, while still maintaining the same level of quality and craftsmanship you come to expect from this label. I also went to the SS18 showroom which expanded the concept even further and I'm interested in what direction Leon will take next.
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎