Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Leon Emanuel Blanck

Thanks for the headsup Zam (we will make a pair for you ;) ), also Ahimsa, glad you like the boots - I really have to say Dimissianos & Miller were the only ones willing to try and work with my method of patternmaking and were actually interested in a different approach. Kudos to them...

Best wishes
    Hier kŲnnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

i've picked up quite a few basics from LEB at this point and i am constantly impressed by the seamwork. the previews on instagram of his pattern cutting are insane with such attention to detail and articulation. a breath of fresh air in a stale room. glad he posts here too!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath View Post
    i've picked up quite a few basics from LEB at this point and i am constantly impressed by the seamwork. the previews on instagram of his pattern cutting are insane with such attention to detail and articulation. a breath of fresh air in a stale room. glad he posts here too!
    I am totally baffled that we haven't sold any of his leather jackets at the SZ pop-up or online. They are amazing.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I am totally baffled that we haven't sold any of his leather jackets at the SZ pop-up or online. They are amazing.

its a strange world we live in. i dont understand it
    ďYou know,Ē he says, with a resilient smile, ďit is a hard world for poets.Ē
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

"Anfractuous Distortion" is an experimental video reflecting on the anatomical, moving patternmaking method of Leon Emanuel Blanck and the clothing's dystopian aesthetic by creating a cinematographic universe of it's own. By Third Picture

a fish out of water dies

does anyone have a list of worldwide stockists?
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    does anyone have a list of worldwide stockists?
    They're listed on his website. As far as in Japan, I remember Loom Osaka and Gullam. Fascinate had some good items that went on sale. Just not sure if they'll continue stocking him.

Hey guys,

thanks for postsing the video first of all.

The stockits on the website are not updated - there will be a big update to webpage very soon. Our current stockists:

ANTONIOLI | Milan, Italy
    www.antonioli.eu

ATELIER NEW YORK | New York, USA
    www.ateliernewyork.com

ATRUM | Utsunomiya, Japan
    www.ameblo.jp/mercury-maeda

DARKLANDS | Berlin, Germany
    www.darklandsberlin.com

GALLERY AESTHETE | Chicago, USA
    www.galleryaesthete.com

GULLAM | Tokyo, Japan
    www.gullam.jp

HIDE[M] | Munich, Germany
    www.hide-m.com

H.LORENZO | Los Angeles, USA
    www.hlorenzo.com

INK | Hong Kong, Hong Kong
    www.ink-clothing.com

LOOM | Osaka, Japan
    www.loom-osaka.com

SVMOSCOW | Moscow, Russia
    www.svmoscow.com

W19 | Gothenburg, Sweden
    www.w19.se

Elixir Gallery | Mykonos, Greece
    www.elixirgallery.com/

The Library | London, Great Britain
    www.thelibrary1994.net/

Archive | San Francisco, USA
    /www.archivesf.com/

HEVN | Oslo, Norway
    www.hevn.no

There will be a couple of changes for the upcoming winter.

Best wishes,

Leon
    Last edited by LEB; 04-27-2017 at 05:45 AM. Reason: wrong webpage
    Hier kŲnnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Default LEON EMANUEL BLANCK interview for Whitelies Magazine

Full article: https://www.whiteliesmagazine.com/bl...emanuel-blanck

Home is ... ?
    Heidelberg at the moment - but I tend to get used to areas fast. I do not feel dependent on places or cities.

How do you define home?
    Well, as a teenager I moved from Heidelberg to Hong Kong. I remember being extremly excited to see something new. We stayed there for a couple of years so Hong Kong was my home at the time. When we moved back to Heidelberg, I remember being really unhappy about it. Funny enough it only took me a few weeks to get aquainted again. Thatís when I realized that I do not have a strong relation to being a native or something along the lines. Even though I really enjoy Heidelberg, I could very well move somewhere else. Just my studio is here now which makes it a bit more complicated. So ultimately I define home as a place a feel good about.

What advice would you give someone in order to cheer them up?
    Get wasted already.

Fotos or film?
    The determing factor is the general framework: like ones attention span, time and mood. Looking at fotos I need way less concentration, time or focus, than when I am watching film. To me, film is more diverse and I feel that film puts me in a certain mood easier - just think of music, cuts etc. Film catches me more and often leaves me exhausted. What I like about fotos more is that they leave more room for imagination and freedom of thought as well as being less draining - depending on what your are looking at obviously.

Painting or sculpture?
    Definately sclupture as I am feel they give more opportunity for creation. Even though there are paintings with great three-dimensionality, sculptures have more speciousness - you can look at them from many different angles therefore being able to find interesting new perspectives all the time.

What did you do last for the first time?
    Not a very exciting story, but at least an honest one: I just came back from a weekend in Amsterdam.

What really scares you?
    To fuck something up due to neglectfulness.

What encourages you?
    To construct things that I surely know I will find really rewarding ones they are finished.

Is fear also an incentive?
    I am not an anxious person at all - of course everyone worries at times, but I feel anxiety and fear are bad companions running a business and in any event if I am creating.

Whatís the first thing you do in the morning the last thing in the evening?
    First I am annoyed about having to get up, last I am annoyed about having to go to bed. A burden I have been carrying all my life.

Why?
    I donít want to got to bed because I feel I am missing out on something or because I have better things to do than to sleep. I donít want to get up because my bed is so freaking comfy and there is nothing forcing me. A paradoxon.

Rather small town or big city?
    As I said, I am not one who wants to go to bed early. If there is a party to go to I will probably go there - so perhaps at this point a smaller city forces me to a healthier lifestyle and gives less opportunity for distraction.

Do you think fashion is heading torwards unisex?
    Honestly I do not really care where itís heading to. I like physicalness and that is how my clothing and my sculptures look. They are sculpted on a human body, rather tight fitting and usually formed on a person with (to me) attractive proportions - even though this can give a macabre thought of wearing someone elseís body. Although androgynity is something that can look really cool, by large, I do not find it attractive.

Itís your first female collection: thoughts/inspiration?
    Indeed it is my first full female collection. prior to starting this, I have done numerous items for my girlfriend and her mother. last year, I employed a young woman that helps me with the collections and patterns. Laura and her had a long talk with me about making a full line. After seeing and understanding that they know what the clothing needs to feel and look like we started to work on it thoroughly. The inspiration is the same as for the Menís collection: the human body and a dystopian, futuristic aesthetic.

In your female collection there is a backpack that was formed on a pregnant woman: the distortion pregnant lady backpack. Do you associate pregnancy with femininity?
    Honestly I had this concept years prior to making the actual womenís collection. At the time I had an idea of making backpack, and since everything is body formed, I formed a first prototype on a friend of mine who happens to have big beer belly. Because naturally if you look at a man with a beer belly sideways, the form looks like a backpack. In the end I did not really like it so much and on my way home I ran into a woman that was pregnant. This was basically the starting point to that bag. So in the end my association with pregnancy and femininity does not matter for the piece. I just saw the form of a pregnant lady and knew I had found the form to my backpack.

Interview Camille Naomi Franke
    Photography Axl Jansen
    a fish out of water dies

Quote Originally Posted by CAIN View Post
    And this constructions are similar to?
    They might be familiar but I can tell it isn't similar. It is different indeed.
    I think it's pretty interesting: Casual, yet dark ans°d mysterious!

Ahimsa Wow i am mind blown, LEB pattern making skills are out of this world, also will you happen to know what kind of fabric is the jacket on the cover photo made of? I am wondering if is like a reversed fur that has been polyurethane coated somehow.
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Quote Originally Posted by negroygris View Post
    Ahimsa Wow i am mind blown, LEB pattern making skills are out of this world, also will you happen to know what kind of fabric is the jacket on the cover photo made of? I am wondering if is like a reversed fur that has been polyurethane coated somehow.
    It's reversed mink with his "rigor mortis treatment".

In case you happen to be in Mykonos this week! If not, I will be representing SZ. Photos to come.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine