X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Oh, how simple things were when we just wore what we loved without all this cynicism taking all the joy out of it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dreavan
      • Mar 2012

At least this is my opinion and as I said, I just personnally try to bring something to answer the initial request from the subject's author.

I do prefer to consider the communication of the brands by using their abilities to distinguish themselves with a know-how instead of a logo.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I was mainly referring to galia's post :)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dreavan
          • Mar 2012

Oh since you did not quote her I thought you were just replying to the last post XD

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I was mainly referring to galia's post :)
            You know me, I'm just a cynic with a feeling of entitlement who likes pretty things and telling people they are wrong and delusional

Comment

• Dreavan
              • Mar 2012

Oh I wanted to add that you should also have a look to the PR strategies leaded by the brands.

I've already seen some brands on many celebrities. I know Jared Leto, Usher and Rihanna have worn Damir doma and Brad Pitt is often wearing a CCP leather jacket, Kanye West with DBSS sneakers too.

I have no idea if there is a link between the brands and those celebrities but most of the celebrities are dressed by stylists. Still, this becomes part of the communication.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                You know me, I'm just a cynic with a feeling of entitlement who likes pretty things and telling people they are wrong and delusional
                Come now, I know you are more than that
                We've had this discussion before, of course - it's actually quite easy for a smart person to feel that everything has become or can become marketing. I just don't want to live in the world like that, even if it makes me a bit delusional.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• malevich
                  • Jun 2012

in case of non-conformity, quite usually saying less is much much more effective, leaving loads of mystery behind and urge to explore further!!
                  highprofile retailers, mass produced or luxury or whatsoever, open up on every corner like mushrooms pushing their products up peoples throats, so when you are kind of young and silly and learning you kind of buy this marketing and this dream, cuz let's face it you do not have a real personal dream yet, all you know is that you wanna be beautiful and these advertisements show you beautiful images!!
                  but when your taste and dreams develop with time, you realize that you want something calm and timeless, so evidently you are drawn towards the brands with clean calm esthetics. So you lift up your ass from your comfortable chair and walk to that favourite one-of-a-kind store that stocks your favourite things that majority does not understand.
                  And there is no need to scream about it on every corner.
                  I would not say it is very niche and rare approach and there is no money in it etc, i would rather say it is very healthy and coming-of-age and personal.
                  I am very driven away if i am being pushed into buying something, and i am sure most of us are feeling the same. And all the bigpapa brands communication is too much, effective for the masses, but clearly too much. Effective methods and good methods are different meanings.

Comment

• Dreavan
                    • Mar 2012

Lol yes me neither but when it starts going this way, it doesn't affect the communication but the business.

I mean, they're both linked together but people around me will know about Alexander Wang since it became very commercial than Carol Christian Poell.

Anticommunication will also lead to mainstream since it can be considered as a way to drive a brand deliciously "infamous".

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎