X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

First of all, the first message you send me was saying that you were already want a $100(the full conversation you mentioned 3X) or you will send me back the ring without further conversation with me or Grailed/PayPal. So what kind of reaction as a seller you want for these message?
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
      • Jul 2010

Yes I mentioned that cause the condition was worse than what I saw and bought. I also mentioned I wanted the deal to go back but to avoid shipment back and forth I could take a price reduction. Only thing you did was blaiming me the scratches - so yes I couldn't talk with you and therefor couldn't do anything but to include paypal.

What kind og reaction you should have had is you own to control but I don't think this kind is the right one for furture deals.

Comment

• qazwsx
        • Feb 2012

SZers,

Please beware of this person Luis Alarcon grailed username: Luchianno or his second account mrlalarcon.
        Initially he sent multiple lowballed offers (50% off asking price)then compulsively purchased from me using his second account after I blocked his first account. Unaware that it was the same person, I sold the item to him. Now he’s asking me to pay for his return shipping fee and for a full-refund just because the item, to which I provided accurate/full description, doesn’t fit as he imagined. With such little purchase history (Both Accounts with only 1 transaction), he seems unusually well-experienced with exploiting paypal buyer protection as he’s well aware that he would lose return shipping fee if the case is decided in his favor (before this dispute is escalated to a claim), and is threatening me to pay for the shipping fee so he would erase the negative seller score that he filled with lies. Real classless garbage. I’m surprised I’m doing his mercy by not posting his full address and contact info publicly. Man at his age should really have more class.
        Last edited by qazwsx; 01-08-2019, 08:20 AM.
        "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• nyarkies
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
          SZers,

Please beware of this person Luis Alarcon grailed username: Luchianno or his second account mrlalarcon.
          Initially he sent multiple lowballed offers (50% off asking price)then compulsively purchased from me using his second account after I blocked his first account. Unaware that it was the same person, I sold the item to him. Now he’s asking me to pay for his return shipping fee and for a full-refund just because the item, to which I provided accurate/full description, doesn’t fit as he imagined. With such little purchase history (Both Accounts with only 1 transaction), he seems unusually well-experienced with exploiting paypal buyer protection as he’s well aware that he would lose return shipping fee if the case is decided in his favor (before this dispute is escalated to a claim), and is threatening me to pay for the shipping fee so he would erase the negative seller score that he filled with lies. Real classless garbage. I’m surprised I’m doing his mercy by not posting his full address and contact info publicly. Man at his age should really have more class.
          Sorry to hear that and thanks for the information. Maybe you should post all his details ;) He can always create another username though to scam other people.

Comment

• qazwsx
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
            Sorry to hear that and thanks for the information. Maybe you should post all his details ;) He can always create another username though to scam other people.
            Luis Alarcon
            mr.lalarcon@gmail.com

Beware
            Last edited by qazwsx; 01-14-2019, 09:58 PM.
            "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• blackswan
              • Feb 2011

Just for those who are selling worldwide on ebay and because i got scammed by a buyer :

Always ship your items express/priority with a very fast method even if you're paid for standard/economy/priority shipping (all methods with tracking number,but not EMS ,DHL express,UPS etc) .If your item is delivered after ebay's expected delivery and the buyer opens a request ,you're f***ed up.The buyer will get the money back and can keep the item .This can happen when shipping overseas and in holiday seasons (Christmas/Eastern).

So ,i shipped the order immediately when i got paid ,the item arrived at the buyer's country 2 days later and stucked there for almost a month due to heavy traffic.No custom's delays, just traffic.The case closed in favor of the buyer .He ensured me that he will refuse the parcel ,as he got the money back and the parcel will return back to me .I spoke with ebay and asked them what should i do in the possibility of a successful delivery or in case this is a scam .They told me for that scenario to contact them back in the future to appeal on that case.A few days later the tracking results showed that the item was delivered ,so i contacted directly the buyer.I got some cheap excuses that he hasn't received the parcel and probably a neighbor got it. Then ,the horror story began ,i contacted ebay.Basically ,ebay lied to me twice since i've saved all the past dialogues .They claimed that the case is closed before the final delivery and they can't do anything ,although you can read above that they said i could appeal the case.What's worse, ebay believed the buyer's words ,that he hasn't received the parcel yet and that someone else got it.

There's no doubt nowadays that ebay's resolution center is the worst of all selling platforms and in my personal experience grailed is the best .I got scammed two times on grailed in the past (with chargebacks) and i got refunds twice from the assistant team ,even if i lost in paypal.If you can face all the low balling there ,i can only recommend to prefer grailed rather than ebay.

PS. My reply to the ebay assistant when he told me that they rely on the buyer's message of a non successful delivery and not in tracking results : 'If the tracking results didn't show a final delivery and i -as a seller- ensured you that the item was delivered,would you believe me or the tracking results?'
              Last edited by blackswan; 04-19-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• savant
                • Jul 2011

ryudy (Grailed) or Andy Ryu (Facebook) living in Auckland, New Zealand

I sold a CH ring to him in February, delivered on 27th February.

Now, after about 5.5 months (PayPal dispute is about 180 days), he has raised a dispute saying my item is fake.

What can I do about this ? Any advise ?

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Up to my knowledge PayPal requests items claimed fake to be sent back to the seller. Ask the proof for the item is fake (like a appraise certificate from the store), sometimes Paypal does it as well.
                  The actual danger is with him sending you back not your ring but something else (for example, the FAKE ring, people were doing it with bags before). You need a lot of good photos of your actual item sent to him to prove to paypal he sent you another item back and not yours.

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                    • Jun 2012

Grailed user: Connorlynch1
                    Email address: connorlynch99@outlook.com
                    Scam seller. Paypal already returned my payment. Banned from Grailed and his paypal is frozen.
                    Typical scammer behavior: Makes stupid excuses for delayed shipping.
                    Then he makes stupid excuses for withholding the tracking information.
                    Just a heads up in case you come across a similar name or situation.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                      • Aug 2012

I need help how to handle a possible scam.

A guy on Grailed was interested in spending his stimulus check on a CCP long jacket. But the offer I received came from another Grailed user - a friend and business partner of this first guy. It's okay, the first guy told me, you can trust us (why even point that out?). Anyway I sold the coat to his partner and wrote the partners address on the package. I told them both that shipping would take time due to the pandemic, which the first guy was okay with. The partner never communicated with me other than by the offer.

It took two weeks for the package to arrive in the US. Since then the tracking update only shows it has been passed through a facility in Chicago. This friday the first guy told me had called USPS and was informed that the package is still in custom. I told him to be patience due to the current situation with lock downs etc, but he got unpleasant and hysterical.

This weekend I stumbled upon his Instagram account while checking for CCP pics. In a pic from last week he poses happily with what looks exactly like the coat I sold him. The model, fabric, color and even wrinkles are the same. This was the first pic of the coat on his account. The comments suggested it was new.

But today his business partner filed a claim and PayPal has withdrawn all the money from my bank account, leaving nothing for food and bills (yes, I was unwise and spent the money from the coat).

I've written to PayPal, but what else can I do?

(Five years ago a similar thing happened when USPS missed to register a pair of Guidi boots as delivered. The buyer got his money back, only to have the exact same boots sold on Grailed six months later)
                      The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I'm sorry to hear it. I hope it works out.

PSA: I was alerted that there is a Grailed user named Faust. Just want you all to know that's not me.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• destroymebaby
                          • Aug 2012

Thanks.

I've come across that user, but I've always assumed you're holding yourself to higher standards. Glad to know my judgment isn't all that clouded.
                          The morning is not enough.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
                            Thanks.

I've come across that user, but I've always assumed you're holding yourself to higher standards. Glad to know my judgment isn't all that clouded.
                            Sorry to hear USPS is crazy right now to the point I have resorted to shipping most things via UPS

I have shipped several packages via USPS only to see either the tracking not showing at all, unusual delays or buyer receiving the goods with no or spotty record of delivery.

the unfortunate thing is that paypal has extended their case times because of the virus, and so you will have to hope that the shipping records update as DELIVERED soon
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• darkpyramid
                              • Dec 2019

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
                              I need help how to handle a possible scam.

A guy on Grailed was interested in spending his stimulus check on a CCP long jacket. But the offer I received came from another Grailed user - a friend and business partner of this first guy. It's okay, the first guy told me, you can trust us (why even point that out?). Anyway I sold the coat to his partner and wrote the partners address on the package. I told them both that shipping would take time due to the pandemic, which the first guy was okay with. The partner never communicated with me other than by the offer.

It took two weeks for the package to arrive in the US. Since then the tracking update only shows it has been passed through a facility in Chicago. This friday the first guy told me had called USPS and was informed that the package is still in custom. I told him to be patience due to the current situation with lock downs etc, but he got unpleasant and hysterical.

This weekend I stumbled upon his Instagram account while checking for CCP pics. In a pic from last week he poses happily with what looks exactly like the coat I sold him. The model, fabric, color and even wrinkles are the same. This was the first pic of the coat on his account. The comments suggested it was new.

But today his business partner filed a claim and PayPal has withdrawn all the money from my bank account, leaving nothing for food and bills (yes, I was unwise and spent the money from the coat).

I've written to PayPal, but what else can I do?

(Five years ago a similar thing happened when USPS missed to register a pair of Guidi boots as delivered. The buyer got his money back, only to have the exact same boots sold on Grailed six months later)

your story is the main reason why i far a way from grailed,ebay ...etc as a seller
                              always in any place there is good guys and bad guys , but the fuck of both grailed and paypal when they simply take your money and give it to son of b#@$h enjoys your expensive CCP coat and even your money ,this situation is not respectful \acceptable from both party and they don't spend a fuck second to check delivery status ,i know it's not updated yet ,they simply could hold the case for additional one or two weeks till delivery status updated

actually i have to pay a favor to faust (Eugene Rabkin), the golden guy who makes this place , i sold tons of items here and all my dark fashion collectibles sold to (all stylezeitgeist members )all payed me by wire transfer and all get their goods and happy for their purchases
                              i sold items here worth thousands of dollars and Eugene Rabkin didn't charge a pinny from me

really i felt sad for you and i know how you feel when you see the son of b#$@%h wearing your CCP coat and smiling in his IG account while he steal your money in his second hand

as i hope to get your money back as i hope to sell your items here far a way from scammers
                              and thanks to the man who make us all avoid this grailed\paypal shit ,thanks to Eugene

Comment

• 13we2
                                • Sep 2015

Theoretically you could sue PayPal and USPS, and the first and second whatever guy over their misjudgement and dereliction, and e-commerce fraud and I'm pretty sure you would be compensated too since you have all the evidence against them.

I hate how they now use coronavirus as an excuse for everything, soon enough rape will be legalized too because guys have been locked at home for so long to help reduce the corona death tolls.

I don't really get the part where PayPal just withdrew all the money from your bank (if not paypal balance the money from the original transaction). How is this even possibe? If such a thing happens here it would be considered first-degree robbery!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎