Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 513

Thread: BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

  1. #1

    Default BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

    There has been at least one user by the name of Fierce Liz responding to WTB posts, offering rare items at cheap prices. Be wary of any new members doing this, and please report suspicious activity.


    It's highly reccomended that you do not buy anything wthout proof that the user selling them has the item.
    If someone offers you an item without photos, let us know.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

    STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm glad that she's banned for now...

  3. #3

    Default stereoforsell on eBay - avoid at all costs

    In all my years of selling (since 2007) this individual is the worst apple I've ever encountered. I urge everyone on SZ to stay clear of this psychopath. He's as dirty as they come.

    eBay ID: stereoforsell

    Scott Landers
    Travelmasters
    4524 Tobias Ave
    Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
    818 905 5828
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

  4. #4

    Default

    ^ What happened?

    Looks like that his feedback left for others is a mess.
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ian+ View Post
    ^ What happened?

    Looks like that his feedback left for others is a mess.
    god i wish i had seen this before i dealt with him.
    after an hour of negotiating and answering a relentless barrage of questions over the phone i unwittingly sold him a jacket thinking he was a friend of a trusted szer. upon receiving it he discovered it was unlined (as issued by the manufacturer) and tried to extort me for a fee to allegedly have it lined. when i refused he filed a spurious claim which he of course won since paypal and ebay always side with the buyer. (i own the same item and can say with authority that the fact it's unlined is totally arbitrary. this guy just wanted to get a better price by playing dirty.) but to add insult to injury he continued to press me for money "to make the whole thing go away" even after he won the claim.

    this pathetic man is 54 years old. at that age one should have more class.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

  6. #6

    Default

    ^ Had an experience with him in 2010. Don't usually let people come to us to try stuff on, made an exception. He was less than polite in person. 3 years later and we still get the occasional rude e-mail from him.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    god i wish i had seen this before i dealt with him.
    after an hour of negotiating and answering a relentless barrage of questions over the phone i unwittingly sold him a jacket thinking he was a friend of a trusted szer. upon receiving it he discovered it was unlined (as issued by the manufacturer) and tried to extort me for a fee to allegedly have it lined. when i refused he filed a spurious claim which he of course won since paypal and ebay always side with the buyer. (i own the same item and can say with authority that the fact it's unlined is totally arbitrary. this guy just wanted to get a better price by playing dirty.) but to add insult to injury he continued to press me for money "to make the whole thing go away" even after he won the claim.

    this pathetic man is 54 years old. at that age one should have more class.
    Oh my, oh my.
    He deserves a punch in the face so whoever sees him again, you know the drill ...
    In general taking some time to review the feedback a member leaves for others is far more educational than the other way round, it has saved me numerous times.
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

  8. #8

    Default

    .......

  9. #9

    Default

    Ebay in the UK at least now has a report a buyer link

    http://ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ort&query=1562

    Finally.

  10. #10

    Default

    Sellers on ebay UK offering fake Rick Owens and Damir, Kenzo, Balmain and Givenchy:

    adlfashion2012
    art_ual
    blueoccean2012
    brand_fashion2008
    century2020
    colour-2013
    fashion.auction
    khahifa0777
    nahid.aktar
    nath-brands-2010
    rafiq-2012
    reaz2013_2013
    spirit_102548
    tahmina2013parvin
    tanvir.ict
    tashfiya69
    tauhidkhan
    ukmyshop
    Last edited by josecc; 10-09-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: more updates 09/10/13

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by originalre0 View Post
    .....
    Hey, I am not sure what happened here and have no clue who this guy is but maybe it's not a wise idea to post any bank account info...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    solitary confinement
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treasurehoard View Post
    ^ Had an experience with him in 2010. Don't usually let people come to us to try stuff on, made an exception. He was less than polite in person. 3 years later and we still get the occasional rude e-mail from him.
    worst exception ever.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daou0782 View Post
    I just purchased a pair of drop crotch pants from khafifa0777. How was this seller identified as a seller of fakes? I will open a case against him, but I'd like to be sure I'm not making a mistake.
    Post pics of your product in the Legit checks thread, also read the post in such thread, after that decide for yourself. But I mean, come on, do not tell me that these two examples, from mentioned seller, are obvs fakes 1 2
    Anyway, I think this discussion is more appropiate in the respective Legit thread

  14. #14

    Default

    Recently bought a pair of Rick Owens LIMO boots (which I now have to sell) from Art.Aw, named Gintare Sakeviciute, on eBay, he had been claiming to do business with among others Christian in here. Seemed like a professional guy and we had a kind and quick correspondence (even though he formulated himself kind of weird).

    After I figured he had sent me the boots in 41 - not 42 - as he had been claiming both in the eBay ad in addition to when I specifically asked later, - I got this reply:

    "pissed off right now.
    fucking dick. anyone wearing RO should be killed
    twat"


    two minutes later:
    "you are playing tricks fella
    boots you bought are size 42.
    you know they are size 42. it took you way too long to find this lie. you tried them on, you mailed me they are too small - size is just there for you to check, so why did it take you so long to find this excuse??????
    you don't have to be a genius to check the shoe size
    bye"


    Sent him a video of the shoes with size 41 printed inside and from that I got no answer from him. So if anyone want to purchase anything from him, you know the deal with this guy. Not a scammer per se but I find size fuckups quite annoying and unnecessary when selling a $600 pair of boots.

    edit: Opened a PayPal complaint. Let's see how this goes.

    case closed: I got the money refunded after some dialogue with PayPal but the seller was furious and rude and sent me threatening and impolite emails.
    Last edited by olethomas; 08-07-2013 at 08:23 AM.

  15. #15

    Default possible scammer: MISTERPALE

    I sent payment on 23JUL2013 for a pair of wool BBS P13s to:

    misterpale (http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/member.php?u=1358) aka
    Daniel Delfino (kleineral@gmx.net) also has used the PP address mamicutza45@yahoo.com in the past...

    I still have not received tracking info, and Daniel has not responded to any communication (PM, email, profile message) yet he has logged into SZ everyday and been viewing threads... deleting a sale thread he started as recent as yesterday, possibly due to my comment I posted.

    Buyer beware. I'm sorry if this is a misunderstanding Daniel, but you had ample time to clear this up.
    Last edited by Mirror&Rack; 08-31-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: update

  16. #16

    Default

    you're totally right and i deeply apologize.

    but before you call me a scammer in public and post my real name,you should also say,that you purchased multiple times from me in the past and received your items.

    so did others.

    i had to refund one time because of my fault and shipping delay and one time through paypal,because a package was lost and wasn't able to provide a trackingnr.

    at the end everything has been cleared up.

    you received an email.

  17. #17
    Senior Member ambrosian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    the middle of somewhere
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I think this should be in the seller feedback thread anyway... not really an intentional scam.
    street goth extraordinaire

  18. #18
    Senior Member 888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    AUSTIN, TX
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Wait, so you took the money and the boots?

    Quote Originally Posted by olethomas View Post
    Recently bought a pair of Rick Owens LIMO boots (which I now have to sell) from Art.Aw, named Gintare Sakeviciute, on eBay, he had been claiming to do business with among others Christian in here. Seemed like a professional guy and we had a kind and quick correspondence (even though he formulated himself kind of weird).

    After I figured he had sent me the boots in 41 - not 42 - as he had been claiming both in the eBay ad in addition to when I specifically asked later, - I got this reply:

    "pissed off right now.
    fucking dick. anyone wearing RO should be killed
    twat"


    two minutes later:
    "you are playing tricks fella
    boots you bought are size 42.
    you know they are size 42. it took you way too long to find this lie. you tried them on, you mailed me they are too small - size is just there for you to check, so why did it take you so long to find this excuse??????
    you don't have to be a genius to check the shoe size
    bye"


    Sent him a video of the shoes with size 41 printed inside and from that I got no answer from him. So if anyone want to purchase anything from him, you know the deal with this guy. Not a scammer per se but I find size fuckups quite annoying and unnecessary when selling a $600 pair of boots.

    edit: Opened a PayPal complaint. Let's see how this goes.

    case closed: I got the money refunded after some dialogue with PayPal but the seller was furious and rude and sent me threatening and impolite emails.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 888 View Post
    Wait, so you took the money and the boots?
    i dont blame him honestly. i've dealt with him on ebay, over the same boots, and he is a grade A asshole. i'd never deal with him under any circumstances.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 888 View Post
    Wait, so you took the money and the boots?
    Kind of embarrassing that I did not answer you on this one before now. Sorry about that. But no, I returned the boots after sending him loads of photos and videos of the shoes being a 41 and not a 42 as he had told me. I opened a PayPal case and returned the shoes. I was the one having to pay shipping with tracking to London for a pair of boots that was wrongly described before and when I bought them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •