X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lo-ki
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by max_yeah_true View Post
    I bought an RO bomber from TheThief a little over a month and a half ago. When I asked for measurements he gave me a ' 21" p2p '. Once I received the item, I realized it didn't fit me at all like I was expecting. The p2p measurement turned out to be an actual 24.5" p2p IRL which I showed him with clear photos. After talking for a while, he finally offered to refund 100$ the next day so I wouldn't lose much on reselling it. Since then, November 10th, he has ignored me completely. I don't really get why I need to lose out because of his mistake, but apparently it makes sense to him. I've had the thing up for sale for a month and a half now and haven't even had a single offer on it. I'm pretty frustrated but I don't really see what else I could do other than post here. I'm not saying he's a scammer but I don't see why he would do this ^.
    Well measurements can vary dependent on how you lay the garment and at what points you take your measurements from.
    It's quite easy to vary from user to user 1 to 2 inches from stretching the item.
    http://askandyaboutclothes.com/cloth...asure-a-jacket
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYQ1e...l2SMJ_Wxz7aDEg
    She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• ironman
      • Apr 2008

i find it pretty impossible to stretch an item 3.5" pit to pit

on topic, SELLERS BEWARE of this guy:

username: Cmtrash

email: trashritual@gmail.com

details:

situation:
      i sold him a CCP rain shirt on November 30 2013. shipped and received December 06 2013 (LM000247300CA). today is January 06 2014. that is 30 fucking days

he messages me (and without waiting for my response which is less than 12 hours) and says this:

Originally posted by Cmtrash
      Hello Ryan,
      I just checked the Rain shirt and unfortunately it seems there are 2 very light purplish/pink stains on it near the armpit areas. I have not yet had the opportunity to wear the shirt yet and it was hanging in my closet until last night when I went to put it on and the girlfriend noticed. Up until this point the shirt has only been tried on to confirm sizing. Unfortunately I did not notice the stains until now.

I am unsure if the stains can be removed and can not wear this shirt in this state. At this point I would prefer to send the item back for a refund. I can provide tracking. Please let me know your thoughts as I am very disappointed due to the stains on the garment.

-Chris
      I am not a store. It is a 5 year old pre-owned item and was listed as such, and I definitely do my best to find any flaws. he has had the item for 30 days. it is without a doubt very unreasonable for me to offer a refund. a lot can happen in 30 days and it is up to me to trust your word that you purchased an item and did not wear it once in 30 days upon receiving it

the onus is on him to inspect the item upon receiving it. 30 days?? this is not an electronic device that stopped working, this is a fucking shirt. he did not provide any photos even. this is completely unfair and I hope PayPal sees it too

this shit it getting ridiculous
      Last edited by ironman; 01-06-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Cmtrash
        • Feb 2013

I would normally not bring situations like this public but you are not being entirely honest here with your response below. I asked specifically about stains via PM as it looked like there was a stain on your photos. You responded that the marks was your camera lens only with no stains on the item itself. When I was able to inspect the items there was clearly a purple/pink-ish stain on both armpits (I am also more than willing to post photos of the stains if needed). At this point I sent both a message directly to you as well as a claim to paypal to protect myself. I offered to send the item back (which was not described properly) for a refund. The Paypal claim has now been escalated and is currently in review.

It is incredibly unprofessional to request a "blacklist" for what was a mistake in how your listed the shirt. I have dealt with multiple users on this site. I have always paid promptly and checked to ensure the seller received payment as well. To date this is my only negative experience with the classifieds. Everything else purchased has been described accurately.

I would prefer to handle any disputes privately but when my name, address and email is publically displayed in a negative and dishonest manner I have to respond.

Originally posted by ironman View Post
        i find it pretty impossible to stretch an item 3.5" pit to pit

on topic, blacklist this guy:

username: Cmtrash

situation:
        i sold him a CCP rain shirt on November 30 2013. shipped and received December 06 2013 (LM000247300CA). today is January 06 2014. that is 30 fucking days

he messages me (and without waiting for my response which is less than 12 hours) and says this:

I am not a store. It is a 5 year old pre-owned item and was listed as such, and I definitely do my best to find any flaws. he has had the item for 30 days. it is without a doubt very unreasonable for me to offer a refund. a lot can happen in 30 days and it is up to me to trust your word that you purchased an item and did not wear it once in 30 days upon receiving it

the onus is on him to inspect the item upon receiving it. 30 days?? this is not an electronic device that stopped working, this is a fucking shirt. he did not provide any photos even. this is completely unfair and I hope PayPal sees it too

this shit it getting ridiculous
        Last edited by Cmtrash; 01-06-2014, 07:29 PM. Reason: Removal of personal information

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

how about you guys try to reach a mutually acceptable compromise involving a discount on the price or a partial refund with the return of the item. it sounds as if you've both just been a bit sloppy in doing your due dilligence.

Comment

• ironman
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Cmtrash View Post
            I would normally not bring situations like this public but you are not being entirely honest here with your response below. I asked specifically about stains via PM as it looked like there was a stain on your photos. You responded that the marks was your camera lens only with no stains on the item itself. When I was able to inspect the items there was clearly a purple/pink-ish stain on both armpits (I am also more than willing to post photos of the stains if needed). At this point I sent both a message directly to you as well as a claim to paypal to protect myself. I offered to send the item back (which was not described properly) for a refund. The Paypal claim has now been escalated and is currently in review.

It is incredibly unprofessional to request a "blacklist" for what was a mistake in how your listed the shirt. I have dealt with multiple users on this site. I have always paid promptly and checked to ensure the seller received payment as well. To date this is my only negative experience with the classifieds. Everything else purchased has been described accurately.

I would prefer to handle any disputes privately but when my name, address and email is publically displayed in a negative and dishonest manner I have to respond.
            you mean this?

Originally posted by Cmtrash
            Hello,
            I am possibly interested in the subject item but I noticed a black spot in the top left hand corner of each photo in the fabric close up shot. Is this a stain? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

-Chris
            those ARE spots on the camera lens. you can see it on pretty much all of my photos that they are on the same spot relative to the camera's position. they are black dust it is not purple/pink. as you are referring to the armpits (which i have not photographed), you should not refer to the black spots you asked me about as me lying about its condition. you can still see the photos here:

look at any of my listings on here, superfuture, or ebay. i list my measurements and details as clear as possible. i did not see a stain, and if i did i would definitely have mentioned it, or cleaned it myself

who honestly buys an item, receives it, DOES NOT CHECK OR WEAR IT FOR 30 DAYS, and then tries to claim a refund on it? i am not a store with a 30 day policy

i already knocked off $25 off the original price. it does not cost $25 to clean a shirt

i am sorry but anyone who tries to return a 5 year old pre-owned item after having it for 30 days deserves to be blacklisted. but i will edit it to say seller beware so people can make their own decisions

Comment

• ironman
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              how about you guys try to reach a mutually acceptable compromise involving a discount on the price or a partial refund with the return of the item. it sounds as if you've both just been a bit sloppy in doing your due dilligence.
              he has already had a discount, and wants a full refund. if it was the day after receiving the item i would probably oblige. but 30 days later feels like a scam. even if it is not and i missed this stain, i feel that after such a long period of time has passed since owning it, it makes more sense to sell it back on ebay/sz/sufu

i am sure many users would be happy to have it

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

my point is that maybe you should give a bigger discount. 25 bucks is not enough of a discount when you 1) didn't mention/show stains in the listing and 2) failed to mention them when the buyer specifically asked about stains before purchasing. on the other hand i agree that a full refund is way too much to ask for after having kept the item for so long.

that's why i say compromise:

either a solid discount (say 20% of the sale price or whatever), or a return of the item to you and you refund the buyer (like 80%). you will both not be super happy, but you will be able to move on and avoid wasting your time on this mess and avoid sharing personal details online and getting all nasty on paypal, which should be last resort.

Comment

• ironman
                  • Apr 2008

1) i did not mention/show stains because i did not see them. if there was damage and i saw it i would gladly show it; i have no quarrels with showing damage when present. as an example, i just sold a jacket that was damaged, and provided this image: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5527/1...4dbda7e9_z.jpg

2) i did not fail to mention them when he asked. what he asked about was specifically this photo's black spots: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/1...1dc7712f_b.jpg which i have explained are camera lens dust spots. i did of course check the item over as wellwhen he asked that, which is why i do not believe that this stain exists. if it does, i think i would have noticed it when trying to find the best spot to take those fabric zoom photos

i agree that it should be last resort but like i stated, he did not give me a chance. he sent a PM 05:35 AM EST the claim was opened 5:43 AM EST. he opened it in 8 minutes after sending a PM in which he would have known i would be asleep (we are in the same time zone)

there was no chance for either me or him to come to a halfway point of 80% partial refund plus return in 8 minutes. regarding him opening it early for his protection, he has either 45 or 60 days to do it so i don't buy that either

this is all considering that i am trusting that in these 30 days, he did not wear it a single time, and that he did not himself somehow stain it

forgive my doubt, but would any one of you honestly believe someone who tries to claim a pre-owned item on you 30 days after receiving it?

edit: well fuck paypal i lost the claim. let's see if i actually get the item back, and in the condition it was sent
                  Last edited by ironman; 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• morsto
                    • Nov 2008

Paypal just automatically sides with the buyer, so that was a given.
                    I think when you buy a used item from a person on a forum, you resell it if it doesn't fit/doesn't work out etc. To allegedly have an item sit for a month in the closet and then open a paypal claim is IMO piss poor behavior and a mention in this thread is deserved. Serves as a reminder to why I give my clothes away instead of dealing with the hassle of selling.
                    I do not recognise the vessel,
                    but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I think when you buy a used item from a person on a forum, you resell it if it doesn't fit/doesn't work out etc.
                      I would agree, but it seems like this was a matter of the buyer finding a flaw on the item, not a fitment issue.

Also we need to be clear that, from what I can tell, this was not a scam on either part (the seller or the buyer), so this is not exactly the right venue for this, and it's not a valid reason to publish someone's personal information such as a home address - this is only done in extreme cases of clear theft.

I understand ironman's concern regarding the time frame as it took Cmtrash a month to notice the problem - his explanation was that he simply didn't notice this when opening the package, but did so when he intended to wear the shirt for the first time. opening a paypal dispute immediately isn't the best course of action as you should first try to contact the seller - on the other hand a dispute can always be closed if an agreement is made.

I also understand Cmtrash's concern as discoloration on a white dress shirt is a pretty significant flaw, if the shirt was sold in excellent condition. While he should've noticed it sooner, I don't see any malicious intent in what he is doing, hence why I've removed his personal details from ironman's post.

the communication quoted above seems to be a misunderstanding, as ironman spoke of a specific mark caused by a camera whereas cmtrash assumed this to mean there is no staining anywhere on the shirt. However, if a shirt is sold it excellent condition which I've understood this was listed as, it should not have notable stains.

In the end I think, based on what I know, that both parties could've handled the situation a bit differently. I understand the buyer has already sent back the item after paypal refunded him, and assuming its in the same condition as it was sent out, it seems like the only notable loss here might be a month in time and possibly shipping costs.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• qazwsx
                        • Feb 2012

Buyers please be aware of this seller:

YES, not only are there fake chrome hearts and rick owens dunks, now we have fake m.a+ tees as well.

The seller is based in China and im pretty sure he also sells a lot of fake items, which even include bbs leather jackets, via Taobao
                        here:

Last edited by qazwsx; 04-20-2014, 04:43 PM.
                        "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• May 2007

Have been trying to get a refund from Kunk for over 4 months. Excuse after excuse so am finally taking him to small claims court.

The most recent emails:
                          3/24 "hey man apologies i haven't i switched jobs so the email you have is defunct i will get it to you stat"

4/17 "Been in Europe for work sorry for bad communication will send on Saturday when I return"

4/21 "sending from my amex/paypal today"

4/25 "Hey man thanks for he patience I'm ok I just am having a birch of a time with travel/internetvissues and trying to get a Paypal payment out I'm in the us tmmrw again and will send by end of day"

Shame, never had problems with him before but this is ridiculous...

Comment

• PandorasFate
                            • Apr 2014

I had my debit account hacked last week. The perp dumped $1300 out of my account in about 45 minutes. That's not a huge sum of money, but it was a huge pain to rectify, and as it was my bill paying account it was worrisome. My bank traced the beginning of the issue back to PayPal, and as many of us are avid users of Ebay, I thought I'd share it here.

I was told to NEVER, EVER use PayPal as a guest, and moreover, to use only a pre-paid gift card with it anyway. My bank rep told me that there has been a huge issue recently with it, especially with the Heartbleed bug. I thought the vulnerability was only with SSL, certificates and password data, but she told me the uptick in stolen data was not purely coincidental. The data mining begins with a random out of state purchase in a small amount (mine was a Washington state home depot) to check for account authenticity, then the number is sold to a cardshop on the black market (cardshop.su, for example) from which criminals buy the numbers and produce actual cards bearing their own name. I have never been a male in my mid 20's, but the person using my card number was. I've also never lived in Florida. Someone there is enjoying a lot of booze on my dime, they hit the liquor store pretty hard.

Be careful out there, my stylish friends. It would have been cheaper to buy the belt I got on Ebay at full retail.
                            “Budget the luxuries first.”
                            ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by image View Post
                              Have been trying to get a refund from Kunk for over 4 months. Excuse after excuse so am finally taking him to small claims court.
                              This is truly a shame & I am sorry to hear this N!
                              Its sad how a repeated offender like Kunk continues to post with oblivion & without any repercussion.
                              Make it right dude! Dont think for a minute that this shit will not come back to bite you in your ass one day!

Comment

• apathy!
                                • Jan 2014

that sucks, PandorasFate.

I think a lot of people (myself included) are way too ignorant about that kind of security.

Is it sufficient to remove your card details through your account and just use prepaid cards from now on?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎